Adam Jones joins the Blues

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

Adam Jones joins the Blues

Post by davejohnston »

So Jones joins the blues. I'm surprised he didn't just go back to the hairsprays. Articles are suggesting he wanted to sign a central contract.

I can't help but think if he actually signed the central contract then it would help apply pressure to the regions and get them to play ball.
Say what you like about Warburton, but at least be had the balls to do what he believed was right.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Adam Jones joins the Blues

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fat Adam is some capture for the Blues, still decent enough for the Pro12 >EW

Interesting what the Ospreys have to say about it. All a bit peculiar really. I believe they paid him for a month after his contract ended as a sign of good faith, biting the hand that feeds you eh.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'd be surprised if he makes much of an impact. His heyday passed with the change in the scrum rules.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Now we can see why the wru did not pay the clubs in an act of good faith

Back stabbing sheep worriers

Easterby Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'd be surprised if he makes much of an impact. His heyday passed with the change in the scrum rules.
Yes Snipe, I've been of that opinion too, the new rules have reduced the opportunity for fatties to destabilise the scrum by hitting and driving at an angle , an old favourite of Jones the prop, much easier for the ref to see who is doing what from stable start. Deliberate wheels also far easier to spot, though Clancy can still be fooled. >EW

In fairness to the IRB, we often carp that they get much wrong but the improvement in the scrums is marked, when did you last see a 2min 45 sec scrum. >appl >appl >appl

Mind you I liked Jaco Peyper in the Bledisloe on Saturday - "No cheap penalties now boys" he said at a scrum late in the game with the scores tied. Worthy of NIgel that one. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Great bit of business by the Ospreys.

Get rid of one over rated, over the hill mess who is on massive money when he can't even hold up a scrum any more

Free up that money for other things
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

The way I read the Osprey statement it sounded like a money issue, they didnt have enough left in the pot, and Cardiff must have offered more.

Fair play to the guy, he has to earn his wage while he can, he probaby wont be worth much soon...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Great bit of business by the Ospreys.

Get rid of one over rated, over the hill mess who is on massive money when he can't even hold up a scrum any more

That was my thought, and even better sell him to your neighbour down the road and pretend you are disappointed.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:

That was my thought, and even better sell him to your neighbour down the road and pretend you are disappointed.
Good story which I'd happily like to believe but then way would they have wasted a months salary on him in June?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Good story which I'd happily like to believe but then way would they have wasted a months salary on him in June?
The so called act of good faith that they then stopped

Seems more like a way of doing anything to keep the wru away from him

Easterby Out
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I'd be surprised if he makes much of an impact. His heyday passed with the change in the scrum rules.
Yes Snipe, I've been of that opinion too, the new rules have reduced the opportunity for fatties to destabilise the scrum by hitting and driving at an angle , an old favourite of Jones the prop, much easier for the ref to see who is doing what from stable start. Deliberate wheels also far easier to spot, though Clancy can still be fooled. >EW

In fairness to the IRB, we often carp that they get much wrong but the improvement in the scrums is marked, when did you last see a 2min 45 sec scrum. >appl >appl >appl

Mind you I liked Jaco Peyper in the Bledisloe on Saturday - "No cheap penalties now boys" he said at a scrum late in the game with the scores tied. Worthy of NIgel that one. :thumleft:
Baggy, I also heard Mr Peyper saying the same thing and wondered at the time, was that how he had refereed the previous 75 minutes, if he did fine if not then he should be running the line same as Poite for his incompetence
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Baggy, I also heard Mr Peyper saying the same thing and wondered at the time, was that how he had refereed the previous 75 minutes, if he did fine if not then he should be running the line same as Poite for his incompetence
Can't agree with that S5. It's just good communication. He's not changing the way he runs the game, he's just reminding the players that he is running the game and if they do something stupid, he's not going to back off because it's 'at the death'.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No argument there Snipe, it's all a matter of perspective, he has in my opinion been fast tracked into international rugby and I'm not convinced he's ready, but then what would I know, sure the same people who appointed him also appointed Clancey and Lacey.... :banghead:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

He reffed the match well & even-handedly SV, which means he is the first ref to ref the All Blacks constant killing of the ball for a long long time. The fact that NZ are magnificent at doing it and get away with it more often than not is neither her nor there, he was on top of both sides equally.

I think he will be one of the best and will be about for a long time.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

On the Jones signing, I noticed that he said he hadn't been paid for 2 months, he comes across as someone who was desperate, wonder did he try dipping into his savings, goodness knows how he'll survive when he finally retires