Munster 2014-2015

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Munster 2014-2015

Post by Spiffsson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Shan wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I feel sorry for PoC his heart and head still want to be 27 but his body won't respond like ex heavy weight champ he moves round ring but not fast enough and when ready to throw the punch his opponent either ducks or moves .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet he was excellent in the AI's. He can't carry others as much as before but I have no doubt when in a team of better players he will still show he can do the business.

However he needs to be managed now by Ireland to ensure he only plays in games we need him to play in, including in the RWC. Then he should retire immediately after it IMO.
And that will be a sad day for Munster and Irish Rugby.

There are players who should be put out to stud and he's one. An absolute legend.
I don't think he's done yet. He's still good in the lineout and broken play, and can be inspirational to his teammates. But he needs to pace himself, conserve his energy and not try to do everything. He should give up the energy-sapping carrying for a start. He has never been that great at it and now more than ever seems to go directly to ground without making yardage.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

scrum5 wrote:I see Tomas is heading back to Munster, I take it he has resolved his little spate with the IRFU.
He will be welcome with open arms by anybody with any sense. Grand Slam and H Cup winning legend.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Once a Knight wrote:
And that will be a sad day for Munster and Irish Rugby.

There are players who should be put out to stud and he's one. An absolute legend.
I assume you mean after the RWC. It would be insane to push him out before that IMO. Apart from what he brings in leadership we are thin on second rows of quality at this moment.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Good win for Munster. Great to see a nice few tries being scored, even if it was a meaningless game and the opposition weren't great. Hopefully we will take some confidence from the game.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Munster made very heavy weather of it until a 2nd string Sale ran out of steam and then ran in tries at will.
Keatley managed to make himself look nervy and inconsistent in a relatively low pressure game though he had some good moments as well.
Departing JJ looked more the assured of the two with the boot when he came on.
Ivan Dineen looked very impressive about the same time as Sale threw in the towel.
I'd almost forgotten he existed it's been so long.
Zebo and Earls showed what they can do given some decent ball.
That game carries a massive health warning though, everything in it occurred in garbage time as the americans say.
Last edited by pythagoras on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The English should have their quota reduced if they are of such a poor standard.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote:The English should have their quota reduced if they are of such a poor standard.
Only a point between them and Leicester in the AP.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Well then Leicester are dung too
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote:Well then Leicester are dung too
Maybe, but, in truth, I'd give more credence to Ulster's result this weekend than to Munster's given that Leicester had something to play for.

Sky have (not unreasonably) dismissed Wasp's chances entirely.
After the draw for the semi venues they were saying what a hard draw Bath have. Away to Leinster in the QFs and then should they win that then a trip to Toulon.
If they'd made a faux pas like that about an Irish province there'd be uproar. :lol:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The hypocrisy of dumping the likes of Zebre, Edinburgh Connacht and Cardiff yet keep the pure mediocrity of Sale. At least with the other 4 we were helping develop rugby in other nations rather than just pulling the dirge from the lower reaches of the English League.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Munster sign Jordan Coghlan on 1 year development contract from Leinster. This guy looked good at U20 level a couple of years ago in the backrow. Hopefully he can get back on track with Munster next year.

Munster losing Dougal and Butler so needed to bring in a back row anyway.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

After a decent win last night and all matches now completed it leaves Munster in second place in the table 2 points behind Glasgow and 2 ahead of Ospreys and Ulster in 3rd and 4th.

Just 6 points between 1st and 5th with 8 games to go. Tis fair fecking tight.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Sad news with Varley retiring today.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Tis tough on Varley. He will be missed. Very professional and good player, not quite top class but very good at provincial level.

He might be able to devote more time to his singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45iJTmLlAc
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well , Munster 12 points down with 6 minutes to go got a 25-25 draw at Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets.

Puts them level on points with Weegies & Ulster but 3rd on pts difference.

Funny game. Munster had the best of it but a stupid yellow card put them up against it. They survived the yellow, then scored a try to go 13-12 ahead. Went to sleep, went 25-12 down but with the help of a yellow card and 2 late tries escaped.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.