London Scottish/Welsh

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

EastTerraceUR
Novice

London Scottish/Welsh

Post by EastTerraceUR »

Thoughts on London Scottish and Welsh joining the Pro 12..... http://42.ie/1EjUKrC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: London Scottish/Welsh

Post by Kofi Annan »

EastTerraceUR wrote:Thoughts on London Scottish and Welsh joining the Pro 12..... http://42.ie/1EjUKrC

Can never happen, close the thread
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

Really good idea that's been bandied about for some time.

No real reason why it couldn't happen if there was the will.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

stu wrote:Really good idea that's been bandied about for some time.

Stu, for it to happen the RFU would have to allow two of its teams to enter a cross Union competition or leave the RFU. There's two real reasons :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Are the Plastic Sweaties and Plastic Sheepworriers as much of a Not Not oxymoron as those other ginger beard wearing hit a bodhran and wear a kiss me I'm Oirish bunch of useless waste of skin and organs club in Reading????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:Thoughts on London Scottish and Welsh joining the Pro 12..... http://42.ie/1EjUKrC

Can never happen, close the thread
>appl >appl >appl

Seconded. Two utterly low class sides who don't have the advantage of being Italian, the bargain basement of low class sides, now being plundered by the Englanders annually, thus forever condemned to fail.

Does the Pro12 need to expand to dilute quality further ? Of course not, stupid idea. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Also it's a non story:
PRO12 ORGANISERS SAY discussions have not been held with London Scottish and London Welsh over the possibility of the English clubs joining the Guinness Pro12.

Bit like Ulster doing a press release to say that Pip is not a stalker , oh sorry , wait.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Cornerfleg wrote:Are the Plastic Sweaties and Plastic Sheepworriers as much of a Not Not oxymoron as those other ginger beard wearing hit a bodhran and wear a kiss me I'm Oirish bunch of useless waste of skin and organs club in Reading????
Plastic Welsh are also Not Nots as they play in Oxford, even further away from London than Reading. Plastic Scots are just Nots as they actually do play in London.
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

Kofi Annan wrote:
stu wrote:Really good idea that's been bandied about for some time.

Stu, for it to happen the RFU would have to allow two of its teams to enter a cross Union competition or leave the RFU. There's two real reasons :roll:
Hi Kofi, clubs can affiliate with more than one union - for example London Irish Amateurs are members of the RFU and affiliated with the IRFU also.

Not saying there wouldn't have to be a bit of nimble footwork to make it happen just that if there was a will to do so it's not beyond the wit of man.

To me it'd make sense for the WRU to buy London Welsh outright and operate it as a 5th region. Professional set up as members of the WRU with amateurs as a 'separate' club, members of the RFU playing in the RFU leagues - same logic applies for London Scottish / SRU.

Would raise the profile of the Pro 12, give unions a bit more freedom to offer players 'other' opportunities and the standard can't be any worse than the Italians.

just my tuppence's worth.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Stu, your tuppence worth is wrong,and another example of mad cats shîte, governence and affiliation is two separate things.

Why would the WRU want a 5th region, ( by the way they tried that, and it failed , do you know when and where? )
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

London Welsh have lost all their matches so far,even the Italian teams play better.....
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

in fairness the only thing the Italians offer is a great away trip.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Kofi Annan wrote:Stu, your tuppence worth is wrong,and another example of mad cats shîte, governence and affiliation is two separate things.

Why would the WRU want a 5th region, ( by the way they tried that, and it failed , do you know when and where? )
When and where, Kofi? :scratch:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Celtic Warriors?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

solidarity wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Stu, your tuppence worth is wrong,and another example of mad cats shîte, governence and affiliation is two separate things.

When and where, Kofi? :scratch:
Team created by WRU , mainly as a development team but long term objective was to be a 5 th region. Do you want me to do all the work for you, even had 6-8 Canadian internationals playing for them as a cross Atlantic endeavour . Go do some googling I am catching up with the election results. Feck me getting worse than bake book here.