Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:In a shocking twist Owen Farrell got 2 weeks!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
You would go a long way to see more malice in a tackle, first he is high but the player is going down so, not having decapitated him, Farrell goes for second prize - trying to yank his head free of his shoulders.

2 weeks for a man who is completely comfortable with the cheap shot is ludicrous.

Clearly there has been a Soupa Doupa directive that nobody shout miss a final just as long as their offence doesn't lead to a death.

As Rocky said a few pages back, the variance in the disciplinary attitudes is an issue.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The old ERC panels were normally harsher than league panels but that would now appear to have been reversed
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Racing 92 taking 3,500 supporters to the final according to Midi Olympique. That is appalling.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Haha, Saracen's will be similar if not worse. Gonna be funny.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Racing 92 taking 3,500 supporters to the final according to Midi Olympique. That is appalling.
It is a long way from Paris to Lyon :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Will there be 10k at the game? Wonder how cheap the tickets will get before the match... I can supply cardboard cut-outs if paid handsomely.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So the latest picture for next year's qualifiers is looking like:

Pro 12

Not the Heineken Cup: Glasgow, Connacht, Leinster, Ulster and Scarlets
Still in Doubt: 1 of Munster 58/Ospreys 54 /Edinburgh 53 will go into the NTHC, other 2 into the CC
1 of Treviso 20 /Zebre 19 will go into the NTHC, the other one into the CC
Challenge Cup: Cardiff Blues and Dragons

AP

Not the Heineken Cup: Saracens, Exeter, Wasps and Tigers
Still in Doubt: 2 of Saints 56 /Quins 55 /Sharks 54 will go into the NTHC, the other one into the CC
Challenge Cup: Gloucester, Bath, Worcester, Newcastle and promoted side from Championship/Not Nots*

*Not Nots will stay up in unlikely event of Bedford winning promotion.

Top 14

Still 4 rounds to play so all to play for - current standings anyway:

Le H Cup: Clermont, Montpellier, Racing, Toulon, Toulouse and Castres
Challenge Cup: Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Brive, Grenoble, Pau, Stade, Lyon (Pro D2 Champions - confirmed), winner of Pro D2 barrage (Bayonne, Aurillac, Perpignan and Mont-de-Marsan)

Winner of the Challenge Cup gets into the NTHC also if they have not already made it via their league - then it goes to the best non-qualifier in that league. Enisei (Rus) and Timisoara Saracens (Rom) will play in the Challenge Cup next year.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Probably a general lack of fecks given all around
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Racing 92 taking 3,500 supporters to the final according to Midi Olympique. That is appalling.
Well Ruckie, you say that but it's probably about 70% of their core support, they have a lot in common with Sorrybastards, except they are loaded and Sbastards just ain't.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Went on the ticket website last night

As usual they only allow you to buy sections not seats. Showed almost all sections as sold out

I foresee the usual tactic of grouping people where the camera can see them
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
It is a long way from Paris to Lyon :roll:
Actually it's a deal farther than Belfast to Cork but you do it on the TGV in less than 2 hours.

I was on the TGV a few years back and I swear this is true. An idiot d'Angleterre with a phone considerably small than that wielded by Dom Jolly, in his genuine, but almost pythonesque voice, guldered into his phone "NO, I AM ON THE TRAIN OF GRAND VITTESSE". All right thinking people gazed upon him with a mixture of contempt and the sympathy you store up for "peepil with a wee want in them".
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Must be some Irish based fans heading to the final, return flights between Dublin and Lyon next weekend coming in at 700 euros! :shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Less than 2 hours by train and 290 miles by road, sure I have gone further in a tractor in a day!
From my memory it is about 3 and half hours by car.
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Must be some Irish based fans heading to the final, return flights between Dublin and Lyon next weekend coming in at 700 euros! :shock:
Actually saddened that our brothers from mexico and turnipland still go to this
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote: 290 miles by road, sure I have gone further in a tractor in a day!
Now that is dedication. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.