Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Post by bazzaj »

Nigel Owens has not reffed every Saracens game this season rum.
Like every good side they play to the ref and what they can get away with.
The Saracens backs weren`t offside as they weren`t actually called for offside.
If they were they would simply have readjusted their play.

Richie McCaw was commonly called a cheat when he came on the scene for his playing to the edge.
Now he is seen as a genius for doing it.

I believe the modern term that applies is street wise.
The great Munster and Leinster teams were extremely street wise and Saracens have clearly learned from the likes of them.
Remember the Munster v Toulouse final where Munster basically ran down the last 5 minutes by sealing off the ball in as a lamentably dull but effective, cynical manner that you will ever see?
A rule was more or less invented on the back of that to prevent sealing off.

What have these sides got in common? - they win things.
We don`t- go figure!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hate Saracens. 'nuff said?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baz I'm puzzled your only off side if your penalised for off side .

On that logic a player is only struck by another player if the ref penalises him for it .

B/S

They play off side they get away with because the modern focus of the referee is to allow the game to flow but that does not mean it doesn't effect the game .

The problem is that some referees will call off side by mid field and wide players .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can I suggest moving the HC Final back by 2 weeks so as to avoid the horrendous weather at this time of year?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rumncoke wrote:Baz I'm puzzled your only off side if your penalised for off side .

On that logic a player is only struck by another player if the ref penalises him for it .

B/S

They play off side they get away with because the modern focus of the referee is to allow the game to flow but that does not mean it doesn't effect the game .

The problem is that some referees will call off side by mid field and wide players .

It's not really that difficult to follow rum.
A try is a try if the ref says it's a try, it's a penalty if he says it's a penalty and you are offside if he says your'e offside.

None of those decisions have ever been reversed after the game.
However punching you will not get away with as you will invariably be cited and punished thereafter so there is no comparison
It also comes under foul play.

Again I say to you that you are only offside if the officials say you are.
Perfectly logical rational thing too assume rum.
If Saracens were stealing yards and getting away with it fair play to them.
If they didn't continue to do that if the ref wasn't picking it up that would bewilder me.

Remember a couple of seasons ago when Ireland played Wales and Barnes.penalised every breakdown did both sides continue to compete there?
No they both iced and the breakdown was turned into a non event 2nd half because an over zealous ref dictated that.

Message once again is you play the ref.
So therefore Saracens were not offside as the officials did not call them for it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Baz I'm puzzled your only off side if your penalised for off side .

B/S

It's not really that difficult to follow rum.
A try is a try if the ref says it's a try, it's a penalty if he says it's a penalty and you are offside if he says your'e offside.

None of those decisions have ever been reversed after the game.
However punching you will not get away with as you will invariably be cited and punished thereafter so there is no comparison
It also comes under foul play.

Again I say to you that you are only offside if the officials say you are.
Perfectly logical rational thing too assume rum.
If Saracens were stealing yards and getting away with it fair play to them.
If they didn't continue to do that if the ref wasn't picking it up that would bewilder me.

Remember a couple of seasons ago when Ireland played Wales and Barnes.penalised every breakdown did both sides continue to compete there?
No they both iced and the breakdown was turned into a non event 2nd half because an over zealous ref dictated that.

Message once again is you play the ref.
So therefore Saracens were not offside as the officials did not call them for it.
I believe the game you reference BoD lost the run of himself. Flopped all over rucks thinking he was the greatest ever and Barnes put him in his place
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baz B/S is still B/S many offences occur on the rugby pitch , such as holding ,blocking etc many are observed by a referee and ignored and many go unseen the fact that they go unpunished does not mean the offences have not occurred only that have gone unpunished .

Which as you so rightly state means teams play the referee in more senses than one eg Saracens played Nigel who gave a penalty for bring down the mail
When Saracens dived , gave a penalty against Racing for playing a ball which was clearly out of the ruck .

As I said previously not Nigel's best game

As Baggy so rightly points out Farrell is a cheap shot merchant who frequently dumps himself on players who have been tackle etc which could be why Nigel turned a bit a blind eye on the late hit was subject to by the player taking an early jump before contact

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

To Russ it was 2015 and Bod was long gone.
To Rum going to have to call it a day in this one.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:To Russ it was 2015 and Bod was long gone.
To Rum going to have to call it a day in this one.
8/2/14
BoD at 13

Barnes went crazy for 20 minutes mainly at BoD but also at Henry, Heaslip and PoM.

Luckily he also had it in for flopper Jenkins
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Yes I don't doubt you for a second.
Its just not the game I was referring to.
SOU
Novice

Post by SOU »

Michael Heaney starting for Doncaster Knights tonight in the Championship Final versus Bristol.
On Sky Sports 2 at 7.30 I believe.
Wonder has he improved sufficiently in the UR managements eyes to bring him home next season, given our severe lack of depth at Scrum Half.
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

How in the name of good feck was that not a card for the guy that tackled Lemi in the air :duh: