USA Perpignan 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: USA Perpignan 2018/19

Post by Russ »

Pack shamed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy a shoulder in the gob is not a hand off .

Me P would have a case provided he hadn’t forced the shoulder forward .

He dropped the shoulder and pushed it in to his face bring the forearm up to the throat of the tackler .

I see no reason to think a shoulder is any more acceptable than a forearm as a means of handoff .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A bit sorry for Paddy but that backline outside him lacks pace .

A reasonable pack that had one of those games where the ball fails to stick .

It’s going to be a hard season Paddy

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote:A bit sorry for Paddy but that backline outside him lacks pace .

That was far from a reasonable pack, from what I saw. They were 8 oversized individuals lacking some of the basic skills to play rugby.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
rumncoke wrote:A bit sorry for Paddy but that backline outside him lacks pace .

That was far from a reasonable pack, from what I saw. They were 8 oversized individuals lacking some of the basic skills to play rugby.
The calamity to catch the kick off and then not able to reorganise after scoring the penalty try was embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Their RL mates from up the road have just won t'Challenge Cup.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy a shoulder in the gob is not a hand off .

Me P would have a case provided he hadn’t forced the shoulder forward .

He dropped the shoulder and pushed it in to his face bring the forearm up to the throat of the tackler .

I see no reason to think a shoulder is any more acceptable than a forearm as a means of handoff .

@ron'nisatrwat

FFFS what sort of clown are you Ron'n? Where did I mention anything about a handoff? Stop making things up and I'll stop calling you an idiot. Have we a deal?

Now then, for your education, you have jumped for the ball, you just about have one foot on the floor before an onrushing lunatic, who is also a big lad, by the way, thunders into you as you land. You've had a split second to react/protect yourself and some senile old fart from a land across the seas think a handoff might have got the job done. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Ron'n for the sake of humanity, go out and find a policeman/woman, ask to borrow their gun and put the world out of its misery by one act of selflessness. G'wan. Either that or Specsavers first thing on Monday, ya hear me lad?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well that was a shocker today from Perpignan. Hopefully they are not as woeful as they look on that showing or it will be an awful long season for wee Paddy. Pack awful and backs even worse. You wouldn't take their full back ahead of a 50 year old Bobbo FFS.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:Their RL mates from up the road have just won t'Challenge Cup.
Yeah but they only beat an English team. Tis a bit easier than facing a French team overloaded with lolly. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

USA Perpignan 2018/19

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

there was intent behind that shoulder .

your allowed to hand off -- that is the only allowable mode of defence provided to a ball carrier --
he used his shoulder .
Granted I thought the red somewhat harsh because the tackler may have been also at fault for some of the contact made .

Granted players seldom get penalised for bracing and using the shoulder but that failure doesn't mean it's legal .

See law 9 section 12

A player must not physically or verbally abuse anyone.

Physical abuse includes but is not limited to , biting ,punching, contact with the eye or eye area ,

striking with any part of the arm ( including stiff arm tackles )

shoulder

head or knee(s) ,stamping ,trampling,tripping or kicking .

The section applies equally to the ball carrier and tackler .

Parisse clearly identifies that he struck him with the shoulder intentionally

that justifies the red card

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

there was intent behind that shoulder .

your allowed to hand off -- that is the only allowable mode of defence provided to a ball carrier --
he used his shoulder .
Granted I thought the red somewhat harsh because the tackler may have been also at fault for some of the contact made .

Granted players seldom get penalised for bracing and using the shoulder but that failure doesn't mean it's legal .
Good to see you are learning Ron'n, with your two "granted"s, now, to complete your education.

When a player catches the ball in the air and is still landing, with one foot on the ground, to call him "a ball carrier" is taking the definition to the very edge of credibility.

Those who think that the wonderful Parisse did anything wrong should understand that what you see in slow motion, with all your prejudices in full flow given doubtless all were wanting USAP to do well, it's not how it happens on the pitch, what you see in slow motion happens in the blink of an eye, at that moment he braced against a guy about to clean him at pace, he had no thinking time to decide to elbow the guy in the neck, what happened happened, it was not a considered reaction but it was a naturally defensive bracing.

That's all, it was an entirely stupid decision.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Nothing what so ever to do with USAP because my only concern is that PJ has a sound game not the result .

Parisse indicted it was a deliberate shoulder in the face of an opponent .

The fact is ball carriers and players have been using their shoulders illegally for years and referees have failed to penalise them until an opponent is injured ,

It’s dangerous play 99 times out of a hundred nothing happens but it is the one in a hundred proves the point and gets penalised .

The fact that he was penalised for something many players do doesn’t mean the penalty was undeserved because he was guilty of dangerous play .

As stated previously an applied shoulder in the gob is not a hand off — it’s dangerous play .

Just because you can’t hand off a player doesn’t give you the right to hit him with elbow knee foot or shoulder which in the end of the situation is what you are suggesting a ballcarrier has a right to do 。

How long a player has the ball , be it a nano second , he is allowed to be tackled as long as he is on the ground ,

Backs get Man andBall
regularly thus your how long he was in control of the ball is pure Bullsh baggy .

Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Very naive loose play from Perpignan.
PJ did well considering the chaos and his time out.
Hopefully as he establishes himself he is allowed to impose structure to their play.
Also I hope their coach realises that putting front rowers in decision making areas doesn't work in the Northern Hemisphere as it does in the South.
Unless your name is Taig Furlong.
If they persists with those tactics it will be the path to oblivion.
Structure and set piece first and foremost as they have a man in their ranks tailor made for that style.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I only saw it briefly, but for me SP was hard done by. He set himself to be hit as you do as a catcher and the USAP player ran into his shoulder.His arm came up after the contact, which I think made it look worse.
What was the USAP player doing going in that high? Did he learn nothing at mini rugby?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

It wasn’t worthy of a yellow card, never mind a red.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND