Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by jean valjean »

Munster cant really afford to send a weak team to Italy unless they are content to settle for 2nd in league and and away semi final.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

jean valjean wrote:Munster cant really afford to send a weak team to Italy unless they are content to settle for 2nd in league and and away semi final.

Looks like van Grann is going to rest a few players.

https://www.the42.ie/johann-van-graan-m ... 4-Apr2019/
“Yeah, look, it’s been a physical few weeks, a few knocks and bruises,” said van Graan.

“Earlsy before the game pulled up with a few tight muscles in his leg so we decided not to risk anything.

“So a few guys will get a well-earned break now. It was pretty important that we get the win, make sure we qualify for the Pro14 play-offs, make sure we qualify for Europe next season and beat a well-drilled side called Cardiff.

“A few guys will have a breather. A few guys have played a few weeks in a row now so we’ll manage the squad. Certain guys will go away according to our Irish player welfare system, certain guys will go to HPC training.

“Certain guys will get opportunities in Treviso and the most important thing is what we’ve said all year, that weekends like next week, you’ve got to back your squad, a massive challenge against Treviso away, they’ve thumped a lot of sides there and they’re playing good rugby so a big challenge for us but first, enjoy this one, enjoy the weekend.”

>TANGRY
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Dave wrote:Wee Joey has been reported as out of the semi final through injury.
Disaster... Going into a big game with no outhalves in the squad. Who can they bring in as an injury joker?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

kUD wrote:
Disaster... Going into a big game with no outhalves in the squad. Who can they bring in as an injury joker?

Wise up, they've got loads of OHs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kUD wrote:

Maybe they should get another scrum half too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:Good to see Munster score a nice few tries and win fairly convincingly but the reality is that you expect to beat a pretty sh1te team like Cardiff with ease.
not sure if this is a joke or not (sorry I'm thick) but it was actually a very good performance, Cardiff have been decent recently, now can the reserves do us a solid in Treviso???

Murray had a much better game which is good to see, Scannell and (Ulster's :D ) Chris Farrell are a cracking centre partnership
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Columbo wrote:
Shan wrote:Good to see Munster score a nice few tries and win fairly convincingly but the reality is that you expect to beat a pretty sh1te team like Cardiff with ease.
not sure if this is a joke or not (sorry I'm thick) but it was actually a very good performance, Cardiff have been decent recently, now can the reserves do us a solid in Treviso???

Murray had a much better game which is good to see, Scannell and (Ulster's :D ) Chris Farrell are a cracking centre partnership
Cardiff may have been decent recently but that is against their gauge. If you cannot beat a team like that at home with relative ease then you have no business even housing the merest hope of challenging for the overall honours.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Maybe they should get another scrum half too.
Correct. We'll get who we like when we like.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Maybe they should get another scrum half too.
Correct. We'll get who we like when we like.
Take no sh1t, horse...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:Cardiff may have been decent recently but that is against their gauge. If you cannot beat a team like that at home with relative ease then you have no business even housing the merest hope of challenging for the overall honours.
To be completely fair to Cardiff, you’d have to say that they beat you at home much more convincingly than you beat them at home!
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Columbo wrote:To be completely fair to Cardiff, you’d have to say that they beat you at home much more convincingly than you beat them at home!
I tend not to like being anyway fair to Welsher teams but you are correct to a degree. Munster was particularly awful in the game in Cardiff for various reasons. Cardiff won convincingly against a team operating at probably less than 50% capacity.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://twitter.com/topofthemoonGW/stat ... 9191127040

What Munster and Glasgow need to secure 1st in Conference A. Fine stats at work :D
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster 23 v Treviso:

Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Alby Mathewson;

Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Ciaran Parker, Darren O’Shea, Dave O’Callaghan, Neil Cronin, Bill Johnston, Alex McHenry.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Will give treviso a game with that team. Probably not good enough to win but may deny BP.

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

10 14 unless Whitehouse can find something obscure wrong. On Freesports.