PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Rooster »

Dublin4 wrote:I can agree that feminists down here climbed on the bandwagon and helped put pressure on the sponsors. But I think your own local feminists are just as involved.
Wherever they come from they are not interested in rugby or rugby players and are just pushing an agenda.
Strange thing this time is our local feminists have gone very quiet, I suppose once the internal battles of who was going to get the funding for the rape crisis was sorted then they all lost interest in looking for publicity.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Basically after their semi silence over the social media photos posted by a footballer they “the local femanazis” have really nothing to make a noise about — when one was guilty and the other — not guilty of anything other than — a lot spit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

And another thing, why has it taken Diageo so long to be ‘concerned’? Paddy’s signing was announced over a month ago? Why now?

Some serious dithering on Diageo’s part, badly timed & IMO, ill advised. You either walk or stick with LI, I don’t see any benefit in ‘expressing concerns’ unless you want to cast yourself as pious & above all others moralistically - I just don’t get what’s to be gained from it.

Watching with interest to see if similar concerns raised about SOB, who was likely extracting some Diageo products during his recent alleged incident

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Anyone see a guinness boycott at ravenhill coming on?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Well I’m not sure what the legal position would be trying to cancel PJs LI contract before he’s played or breached any conditions etc.
Not sure there would be a way out unless there was a clause placed in re bad PR / sponsorship concerns. Personally I’d imagine theyd have to pay out all or part of his contract. Really don’t know what Guinness expect to get out of this either.

OF MORE relevance: Is the fact this is becoming a witch hunt. PJ has gone through the criminal justice system, and now has the right to move on with his life & career. Let’s face facts....this isn’t about a couple of WhatsApp messages. Fundamentally there is a group of people who don’t accept the courts decision.

I really hope LI stand firm. A lot of this bullshit - is social media faux outrage. The guy was driven out of Ireland, trying to drive him out of the game is distasteful to say the least.

As an aside am absolutely delighted to hear SO is getting on so well at Brive.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Helps when you're well connected to get your justice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I'd be astounded if a multinational such as Diageo does not have ties with either Perpignan or Brive....... this stinks.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I doubt if much will come it to be honest .

The not guilty verdict and the fact that Lara Whyte’s Guardian article is virtual libelous by omission and distortion and the poxy petition has a total of 114 concerned diehards — one of whom states Paddy is. Rapist — so much for not guilty

if Diageo were to take any action at this time might be seen as being guilty of victimization .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:And another thing, why has it taken Diageo so long to be ‘concerned’? Paddy’s signing was announced over a month ago? Why now?

Some serious dithering on Diageo’s part, badly timed & IMO, ill advised. You either walk or stick with LI, I don’t see any benefit in ‘expressing concerns’ unless you want to cast yourself as pious & above all others moralistically - I just don’t get what’s to be gained from it.

Watching with interest to see if similar concerns raised about SOB, who was likely extracting some Diageo products during his recent alleged incident Image

There was the Union Cup over the weekend, I wonder was any pressure put on Guinness over the past week ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:Anyone see a guinness boycott at ravenhill coming on?

If they get Paddy dumped count me in.
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Don't worry Paddy has signed a contract. Whatever happens with sponsors he will be playing for London Irish next season. Go well Paddy.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:

Murphys draught is a superior product but most of youse are too brainwashed to realise it :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Worldwide, 3 million deaths every year result from harmful use of alcohol, this represent 5.3 % of all deaths.

The harmful use of alcohol is a causal factor in more than 200 disease and injury conditions.

Overall 5.1 % of the global burden of disease and injury is attributable to alcohol, as measured in disability-adjusted life years (DALYs).

Alcohol consumption causes death and disability relatively early in life. In the age group 20–39 years approximately 13.5 % of the total deaths are alcohol-attributable.

There is a causal relationship between harmful use of alcohol and a range of mental and behavioural disorders, other noncommunicable conditions as well as injuries.

The latest causal relationships have been established between harmful drinking and incidence of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis as well as the course of HIV/AIDS.

Beyond health consequences, the harmful use of alcohol brings significant social and economic losses to individuals and society at large

Good work Diageo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Murphys draught is a superior product but most of youse are too brainwashed to realise it Image
I must admit to having a taste for it myself Merv, Beamish is another good one but had to get
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Murphys draught is a superior product but most of youse are too brainwashed to realise it :lol:
Wouldn't say superior, but (for me) just as palatable, so I'm happy with whichever is available/cheaper/poured better.

Given that so much emphasis at the trial was put on how much the boys had drank during the day and into the night, has Diageo belatedly discovered that it was a competitor's products that were involved and want to stir it up accordingly?

Or was Guinness actually involved and they're now under pressure to put warning labels on their drinks?
WARNING: Drinking too much of this stuff might affect your decision-making and could result in you being accused of something you didn't do!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right