PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by solidarity »

I hear all of the contrary arguments about PJ never playing for Ireland but will the IRFU really want to head toward the next world cup with an old crock and no realistic backup at 10?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I fear to some extent that could well be true

Unless needs must

ie a losing Irish team not filling the stadium

But that at this moment is an unknown due to Covid 19

My hope is that Kidney may have some sway with
Gartland
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dispand the IRFU. Reinstate our boys. Pick some bloody Irish players ffs.

Sent from my CPH1931 using Tapatalk

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ireland has become the centre of hollier than thou wokeness in Europe given the understandable backlash against religious dominance for decades. As often with a pendulum swing the higher it is on one side the greater it rises on the other. There is no appetite beyond ulster supporters for a return of PJ and failure at a world Cup would be deemed a necessary evil to maintain the perception of righteousness. Just listen to the recent OTB discussion which dares to mention his name for how much of a non runner it is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 pm Ireland has become the centre of hollier than thou wokeness in Europe given the understandable backlash against religious dominance for decades. As often with a pendulum swing the higher it is on one side the greater it rises on the other. There is no appetite beyond ulster supporters for a return of PJ and failure at a world Cup would be deemed a necessary evil to maintain the perception of righteousness. Just listen to the recent OTB discussion which dares to mention his name for how much of a non runner it is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Have to agree with nearly all of this post. Irish self-righteousness in full flood is a sight to behold along with its mirror image, self-pity.... Fully agree that RWC failure in 2023 is seen as an acceptable cost in 2021 but by then either the focus for failure will have moved on to the coach and/or the no. 10 in place by then or (b) something will have turned up to fill that no. 10 hole.... As for the money angle, it's likely that the financial support from the Irish Governemnt to the IRFU for COVID-19 has made the lack of a full Aviva due to losing matches easier to bear and reduces the pressure. Indeed the OTB discussion is very much an accurate reflection of opinion in the other provinces.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The problem with the other provinces is their followers ( like those of Ulster ) over estimate the skills of players coming into their academies -- they see them performing at under 20 level and think they are the next great thing how many seasons has Sexton being playing for Ireland -- well in that time in each season there has been an Under 20 out half playing for the under 20s have any of them come close to his standard .

Jackson and Carberry and Carberry was found wanting, and hasn't played for over 18 months Carberry is found wanting because he is a STAR man and not a team player -- you want to watch him, but is he actually bring the best out of the players around him.
HighlandRed
Novice

Post by HighlandRed »

The boy played well today, cracking game vs Bristol.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Too True Too true

I bet there is no write up

now in 42
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Was a cracking game and comeback. LI playing some nice rugby this season and much of it stemming from the quality of control and back-line feed from Paddy. If that last pass was a few feet higher he might have ran in for the 5pt winner.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nobody going to give Les any credit?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A bit harsh considering I am sure he was one of the voices and people vouching for Paddy’s character to be employed by LI
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:32 pm A bit harsh considering I am sure he was one of the voices and people vouching for Paddy’s character to be employed by LI
PS unlike the spineless self righteous a-se lick Logan
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:24 am Nobody going to give Les any credit?
I believe Les and wee Deccie did formerly receive credit from some in this parish.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I was thinking credit in terms of coaching Paddy. No, Les and Deccie were roundly applauded for signing the best passing 10 in Europe (for next to nothing). They clearly know a bargain. A no brainer. Handy with Les' lack of a brain. Sorry that's harsh, only, when it comes to head coaching. 34-34 sounds like a Les Kiss scoreline alright.

Les as a person, I'm sure he's a great guy. As a head coach, he doesn't have it. Not his fault really because he didn't hire himself. He was, however, responsible for the inordinate amount of BS that came from his pie hole. An experiment by the IRFU. Let's put a rugby league background coach into an elite coaching role with no head coach experience and see what happens. History often repeats itself. Idiots use idiocy to solve their problems. I wish the FIRFU every misery in their pursuit of the destruction of Irish rugby.