Munster 2019/20

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster 2019/20

Post by Neill_M »

Missed chance for Munster. Leinster were poor by their standards. The league's statistically best kicker had a bad game. Munster got into positions, but made silly errors. The ref didn't help them either.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Good grief Munster are tom kite.

Van Graan must be on borrowed time.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Don_Alfonso
Novice

Post by Don_Alfonso »

I think the simple issue is not that they aren't a good team, but that they aren't nearly as good as they think they are.

In simple terms, they used to be light years ahead of other teams, in terms of cohesiveness and playing to their strengths. They are no longer in that situation.

I watched Treviso get absolutely, comprehensively done over by Nigel Owens last season (? I've lost all sense of time) and Munster sneaked into the Pro14 play-offs. Every time they line up against Leinster, we hear about how Munster play best when their backs are against the wall, when folk have counted them down and out etc. They are a good team, one that loses at home and often do not respond in an amazing way to being written off. No matter what a million lazy sports journos will tel you.

We beat them at home in the HEC eight years ago. Their backyard, they were the better team etc. They're a good team, and that's it. They are a decent team with a fantastic brand.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They made Leinster look fairly ordinary and that wasn’t entirely down to Leinster having a collective off day.

It boiled down to a knock on by Earls in the corner and a dodgy grounding.

Other than that, neither side looked like scoring.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 pm You in Auckland? I’ll be watching the North v South game tomorrow. Dunno if Hoskins Sotutu is fit but he was brilliant in SRA.
yup. Just watched the North Vs South game. Most entertaining game of rugby I have seen in a looonng time. Physicality mixed with sensational skill all played with intensity. Amazing considering there was no crowd. I would have thought sport would be fairly dead with no fans but the fake sound effects arn't too bad actually...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Leinster will have to up their game when Sorries arrive.

Munster's one dimensional kicking game was designed to exploit defensive frailties that were evident in the first game but they had no back up when that plan was obviously failing.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yes, Larmour did pretty well under the high ball tbf.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

againstthehead wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 am
justinr73 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 pm You in Auckland? I’ll be watching the North v South game tomorrow. Dunno if Hoskins Sotutu is fit but he was brilliant in SRA.
yup. Just watched the North Vs South game. Most entertaining game of rugby I have seen in a looonng time. Physicality mixed with sensational skill all played with intensity. Amazing considering there was no crowd. I would have thought sport would be fairly dead with no fans but the fake sound effects arn't too bad actually...
I’m expecting much more of the same tonight.

The likes of Clarke, Jordan and Sotutu must be close to an AB call up.

No word on any Irish ancestory for Jordan I take it?!
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Leinster did make a load of uncharacteristic mistakes, and bottom line is Munster couldn't capitalise. The box kicks time and time again are so boring and once that doesn't work they didn't have an alternative. Time for some fresh thinking methinks.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

That was a tough watch. It was always going to be an uphill battle to beat Leinster and Munster made it harder with so many silly errors. JJ may have an impressive goal kicking record for the season but he remains a guy you could not trust in a high pressure situation.

The only thing worse than the match itself was Liam Toland's commentary. He just about stopped short of saying he wanted to bed Sexton. FFS what an annoying d-ckhead.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.