Pro 12 20/21

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pro 12 20/21

Post by BR »

Kleyn butted Porter's shoulder.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Good first half but there was a certain inevitability.
I wanted Munster to win for the sake of the league.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

mea97mb wrote:Didn't really see much of the match but early on I saw replays of Porter hitting Kleyn in the head with the shoulder. No penalty or anything, was there no chat of it by the referees?
No idea how it wasn't even a penalty. Porter is going very upright into that tackle. Shoulder contact straight into Kleyn's snout. I'm not saying Leinster get away with these calls. No actually I am.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yeah they do, every f#cking time.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Have a side ever looked less like scoring a try in a game of rugby?

It’s like they knew they were only in the final because Ulster were denied the chance to beat them again.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:14 am Have a side ever looked less like scoring a try in a game of rugby?

It’s like they knew they were only in the final because Ulster were denied the chance to beat them again.
Munster v Ulster in TP in an alternative reality may have been a close game. Whoever won it was going to suffer the same fate.

Shame Quins are on fire with Europe next week.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I gave up on the boredom of watching the recorded match in favour of the one day international cricket eng v india.
Cracker entertainment.......unlike current rugby.

Do any of us want to see our children/grandchildren playing rugby union in 10 years time? Something radical needs to change......And some of Rumns suggestions have merit.
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:36 pm Yeah they do, every f#cking time.
The TMO was too busy looking up babies names.

Anyway, another season, another title. Glory days. :mexican:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I didnt think it was boring. The result was predictavle, that was about it.

The 1st half flew by.

It was a strange game. Munster never looked like scoring a try and Leinster played the game with their usual comfort,. Yet the scoreline didnt reflect that.
Leinster played like they had the bonus point secured after 35 minutes, as normal. Of course in a bp match, they may have gone for tries with some of the early penalties, but it is notable, iirc, they have only been held to one try once during this campaign - at Thomond.

We didn't see Leinster use their latch/prebind that was so devastating from close range. I wonder did Adamson mention it pre-match.

Munster looked like they were adopting a strange tactic at the ruck. On a couple of occassions, players waited until Leinster players joined the ruck (or what I would have said was a ruck) and only then reached for the ball in a jackle attempt. I can't see where they think this is legal, but it looked very deliberate. Ref seemed to ignore their pleas.

Finally, I am concerned someone has kidnapped Joy.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:19 am
Apparently she's on light duties because she's pregnant.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Rumncoke is not reinventing the wheel but only asking that referees apply the laws of the game with regards dangerous play .

A forearm or shoulder is not a hand off which is the only method a ball carrier can avoid a tackle and it is in the spirit of the game that the ball carrier is expected to avoid contact not initiate contact ie the laws are correctly interpreted that contact should be initiated by the tackler but that the carrier should avoid contact .

At the moment contact is being initiated by the carrier with no attempt (hand off) to avoid it .

Flying wedges , Calvary Charges and blocking are all ready defined as dangerous play , my fear for referees is that they leave themselves open to a charge of negligence should a player be seriously injured by their failure to apply the laws .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

BR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:19 am I didn't think it was boring. The result was predictable, that was about it.

The 1st half flew by.

It was a strange game. Munster never looked like scoring a try and Leinster played the game with their usual comfort,. Yet the scoreline didn't reflect that.
Leinster played like they had the bonus point secured after 35 minutes, as normal. Of course in a bp match, they may have gone for tries with some of the early penalties, but it is notable, iirc, they have only been held to one try once during this campaign - at Thomond.

We didn't see Leinster use their latch/pre-bind that was so devastating from close range. I wonder did Adamson mention it pre-match.

Munster looked like they were adopting a strange tactic at the ruck. On a couple of occasions, players waited until Leinster players joined the ruck (or what I would have said was a ruck) and only then reached for the ball in a jackal attempt. I can't see where they think this is legal, but it looked very deliberate. Ref seemed to ignore their pleas.

They say that teams are only as good as their weakest link. In Munster's case that's their front five who are largely substandard at the top level. In Leinster's case yesterday it was Ross Byrne and Rory O'Loughlin. Byrne is a decent player but his weakness in unstructured play was very evident. Running into cul-de-sacs and hesitant in possession played into the hands of Munster's scramble defence which was by some distance the best part of their display. O'Loughlin butchered a couple of try chances with some poor passing. It's possible that having to re-integrate the internationals back into the wider squad played a part in Leinster's inability to convert opportunities into tries but I think had Sexton started and Ringrose been fit the game could well have been over as a contest by half time.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:01 am
BR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:19 am
Apparently she's on light duties because she's pregnant.
I have witnessed changes in behaviour brought about pregnancy, but I've never heard of the urge to shut-the-fùck-up being associated with it.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Having been married nearly 50 years it’s only men who learn when to StFu.

It’s lesson Learnt in two places the first is a bar where the wrong thing said can start WW3.

And in the car

Nothing more stupid than driving down the at 55 MPH ( cheers for Brexit ) and ‘her beside you ‘ says “did you see that house’ or something equally unimportant
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tommy Allan leaving Treviso for Twickenham.