Munster 2020/21

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster 2020/21

Post by Neill_M »

Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

Leinster: Hugo Keenan, Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, Jimmy O’Brien, Johnny Sexton (CAPTAIN), Luke McGrath, Cian Healy, Seán Cronin, Andrew Porter, Scott Fardy, James Ryan, Rhys Ruddock, Will Connors, Caelan Doris

Replacements: Rónan Kelleher, Ed Byrne, Tom Clarkson, Ross Molony, Jack Conan, Jamison Gibson-Park, Ross Byrne, Josh van der Flier

6-2 split on bench for Leinster. TV Saturday 7:35pm KO Eir Sport 1 and Premier Sport 2, deferred coverage TG4 9:30pm

TG4 (Saorview Channel 4, Freeview UK Channel 52 (NI Only), Virgin Media Ireland Channel 104 / 137, Virgin Media UK Channel 877 (NI Only), Sky Ireland Channel 104 / 804, Sky UK Channel 163 / 837 (NI Only), Eir TV 104 / 118)
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Should be tasty.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Looking forward to this. Be good if the turnips can do us a favour.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is a terrible thing to have to and it is very much against my taste to say '' Come on Munster "

But then I again I have a dislike for the Cullen" wait for the penalties kick it to the corner protect ( block) the carrier" game It s version of "the Eton Wall Game" without the wall.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Seagull
Novice

Post by Seagull »

Don’t understand your distaste at supporting Munster. Always received friendly welcome from. their supporters at Thormond. Never same fromL from Leinster. We need them to win so come on Munster!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looks like Munster might be throwing this away by missing chances. Two kicks then a duff lineout.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

JJ off games gonna quicken up me thinks?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Great defensive set Munster again.
noun "Fan"

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

FFS. One job Munster, you had one job.....
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Yip, threw it away with two duff kicks. I know it doesn't all depend on a single act, or two, but in this case, it's hard to see otherwise. Neither was a hard kick. Ah well, we'll just have to hammer Mexico at Ravers.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Listened to the Commentary with 25 mins praising Murray for controlling the game, knowing how to close out games.
Wise the feck... kicking ball away to one of the best counter attacking teams around. Box kicks far to deep and slowed everything.

Wanted Casey on and it was box kick after box kick?

Munster still should have won and they let that one go but at least no bonus from or point of view for the boys in blue.

Sexton & Murray your numbers up boys.

Sexton stop gurning at your own team and everyone else on the planet. Hard to like when your not producing for the team
Unbelievable player in his prime.
noun "Fan"

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Murray was decent enough.

Casey was only on 5 minutes when they were losing and kicked it away three times.

Leinster were hugely lucky to win that. They were going nowhere bar a couple of quick breaks by McGrath.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Sorry -- very sorry----- but it was the right result in the end -- the better team won.

It was a game where Leinster were given very few penalties and twice on the line Munster were given Penalties which frequently are called in favour of the attacking team --- the ref having to decided between Failure to release after the tackle -- or holding on to the ball after the tackle,the normal call being the former. -- that or offside ---to stop the rush .

In open play the Leinster were always the" slicker " side with very few knock- ons occurring when passing . How Beirne got MOTH when he was guilty of two knock-ons -- and they were bad ones to be honest -- it's wonderful what a dubious try will do how people perceive your performance. I say dubious try because you couldn't see if the ball was over the line and grounded . the player's head was over, but was the ball . Some in the circumstances might call a five metre scrum.

But to be fair to Munster they gave away very few penalties and defended well on a night which being cold might have given an edge to the defending team --- cold hands can slow the game down.

At least there was no try bonus point.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Probably less his dubious try than the two turnovers on his own line.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

except they weren't turnovers they were basic over the ball hindering release --- ie the penalty was more advantageous than a turn over on your own line -- in my book that is not a turn over and as i stated before the call is frequently defence release and or a penalty to the attacking team. ( It all depends on the referee ) Munster are the masters of the art of hands over the ball using a nearly in from the side wide leg stance.

And thinking about in from the side --Leinster are the masters of coming inform the side when in possession to remove tacklers and supporting would be ball blockers. They seldom come in from the side when defending preferring to line up outside the ruck facing the next ball carrier.