Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am And I must confess , I stole the word from a NI court of appeal judge when he was increasing a territorist's attempted murder sentence from 20 to 25 years!
Hardly stealing ... many judges appear to have stopped using it.
Maybe because he stole it?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am And I must confess , I stole the word from a NI court of appeal judge when he was increasing a territorist's attempted murder sentence from 20 to 25 years!
I think you may be over-thinking this Dave.

If he has, he has not received any punishment let alone one that is condign.

Does stealing from a court of appeal judge engaged in his duties count as theft, contempt of court, or both?

What is a condign sentence for either or both of those?

There, I've used it without stealing it from Bobbievee - does that count as a condign sentence? Indeed, does that now count as two c*n*i*n* sentences?

And if I've used it without stealing it from him, is it really theft? (and unless Bobbievee is a judge, I don't think anyone is guilty of contempt of court except him if he was typing that in court).

But then, I might be over-thinking this ... :scratch:

* Asterisks used to prevent a third condign sentence ... :duh: :duh: :duh: :banghead:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Judges love obscure English sometimes to enforce the justification of the inappropriate action of the Courts but then that is another story where the ignorance of the Prosecution needlessly let loose the Troll Trollops in search of a victim.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I think you may be over-thinking this Dave.

If he has, he has not received any punishment let alone one that is condign.

Does stealing from a court of appeal judge engaged in his duties count as theft, contempt of court, or both?

What is a condign sentence for either or both of those?

There, I've used it without stealing it from Bobbievee - does that count as a condign sentence? Indeed, does that now count as two c*n*i*n* sentences?

And if I've used it without stealing it from him, is it really theft? (and unless Bobbievee is a judge, I don't think anyone is guilty of contempt of court except him if he was typing that in court).

But then, I might be over-thinking this ... :scratch:

* Asterisks used to prevent a third condign sentence ... :duh: :duh: :duh: :banghead:
Invite me and Bobby round for dinner and we can discuss it further (covid permitting). Condign with me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

>appl >appl :lol: :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.
That's what happened to "egregious". Used to be the preserve of pseudo intellectuals and now every fecker is using it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 pm
BR wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.
That's what happened to "egregious". Used to be the preserve of pseudo intellectuals and now every fecker is using it.
Literally?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right