Page 2 of 2

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am
by Dave
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bobbievee wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am
And I must confess , I stole the word from a NI court of appeal judge when he was increasing a territorist's attempted murder sentence from 20 to 25 years!
Hardly stealing ... many judges appear to have stopped using it.
Maybe because he stole it?

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 pm
by Cap'n Grumpy
Dave wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bobbievee wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am
And I must confess , I stole the word from a NI court of appeal judge when he was increasing a territorist's attempted murder sentence from 20 to 25 years!
Hardly stealing ... many judges appear to have stopped using it.
Maybe because he stole it?
I think you may be over-thinking this Dave.

If he has, he has not received any punishment let alone one that is condign.

Does stealing from a court of appeal judge engaged in his duties count as theft, contempt of court, or both?

What is a condign sentence for either or both of those?

There, I've used it without stealing it from Bobbievee - does that count as a condign sentence? Indeed, does that now count as two c*n*i*n* sentences?

And if I've used it without stealing it from him, is it really theft? (and unless Bobbievee is a judge, I don't think anyone is guilty of contempt of court except him if he was typing that in court).

But then, I might be over-thinking this ... :scratch:


* Asterisks used to prevent a third condign sentence ... :duh: :duh: :duh: :banghead:

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am
by rumncoke
Judges love obscure English sometimes to enforce the justification of the inappropriate action of the Courts but then that is another story where the ignorance of the Prosecution needlessly let loose the Troll Trollops in search of a victim.

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:45 am
by Dave

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bobbievee wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am
And I must confess , I stole the word from a NI court of appeal judge when he was increasing a territorist's attempted murder sentence from 20 to 25 years!
Hardly stealing ... many judges appear to have stopped using it.
Maybe because he stole it?
I think you may be over-thinking this Dave.

If he has, he has not received any punishment let alone one that is condign.

Does stealing from a court of appeal judge engaged in his duties count as theft, contempt of court, or both?

What is a condign sentence for either or both of those?

There, I've used it without stealing it from Bobbievee - does that count as a condign sentence? Indeed, does that now count as two c*n*i*n* sentences?

And if I've used it without stealing it from him, is it really theft? (and unless Bobbievee is a judge, I don't think anyone is guilty of contempt of court except him if he was typing that in court).

But then, I might be over-thinking this ... :scratch:


* Asterisks used to prevent a third condign sentence ... :duh: :duh: :duh: :banghead:
Invite me and Bobby round for dinner and we can discuss it further (covid permitting). Condign with me.

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:23 pm
by Bobbievee
>appl >appl :lol: :lol:

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am
by BR
If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 pm
by big mervyn
BR wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am
If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.
That's what happened to "egregious". Used to be the preserve of pseudo intellectuals and now every fecker is using it.

Re: Heiny Cup 20/21 Other Sides

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:04 pm
by Cap'n Grumpy
big mervyn wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 pm
BR wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 am
If use of the word keeps growing at this rate, we'll need to get Rooster in to remove them. If only he had a special vehicle for the purposes.
That's what happened to "egregious". Used to be the preserve of pseudo intellectuals and now every fecker is using it.
Literally?