URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by Neill_M »

Edinburgh Rugby today announced Head Coach Richard Cockerill has left the club by mutual consent to allow him to pursue other opportunities.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by justinr73 »

Wonder what he’s got lined up?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Here’s a copy and paste of a WhatsApp…

Alllegedly........Too many players that didn't buy into the old school Leicester style approach that he had. Had a great impact initially and changed some players perspective on how they needed to conduct themselves on and off the pitch....midweek boozing/nutrition/training habits. But after they got over that initial period people just looked at him as a 'Bully' and it didn't have the effect that it initially had and players weren't buying into his approach and ultimately wanted him out.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ooh he’d lost the dressing room.

Was that compulsory midweek boozing? I’d have run through a brick wall for him.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

There seems to be something wrong with Scottish Rugby certainly at Pro14 level. Just look at the number of players opting to leave both the Warriors and the Gunners. Also look at the number of coaches and staff who have opted to leave the SRU organisation.
I know all clubs release or loose players but mostly they are ones who aren’t going to plrogress or on occasions ones that find themselves blocked in their progress by well established players. However in Scotland it is the well established players who are packing their bags and leaving. Perhaps the pay structure which had their CEO as one of the highest paid CEO in Uk sports could be,e a factor.
With only 2 Fully ProTeams they are already behind the 8 ball and it is likely to be ah race between the WRU and the SRU sides to see who will take over from the Italians and their position in the URC
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Have a good mate who lives opposite Cockerill and said mate is reasonably knowledgeable about all things Rugby and also a season ticket holder at Edinburgh.
He has had quite a few chats?? discussions with Cockerill (probably putting him right on what he is doing wrong)Cockerill let slip just last week that ultimately he wants to go back to France to coach as more money and better prospects, so watch this space and remember you heard it here first :stir:
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

volvo wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:09 pm Have a good mate who lives opposite Cockerill and said mate is reasonably knowledgeable about all things Rugby and also a season ticket holder at Edinburgh.
He has had quite a few chats?? discussions with Cockerill (probably putting him right on what he is doing wrong)Cockerill let slip just last week that ultimately he wants to go back to France to coach as more money and better prospects, so watch this space and remember you heard it here first :stir:
Makes sense. Ultimately coaching a region in any of Ireland, Scotland and Wales is with a hand tied behind your back with the requirement to have so many home grown players, never mind tighter financial constraints. More salary and the freedom to build a team the way you want has to be more appealing for top coaches nowadays.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:23 pm
volvo wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:09 pm Have a good mate who lives opposite Cockerill and said mate is reasonably knowledgeable about all things Rugby and also a season ticket holder at Edinburgh.
Makes sense. Ultimately coaching a region in any of Ireland, Scotland and Wales is with a hand tied behind your back with the requirement to have so many home grown players, never mind tighter financial constraints. More salary and the freedom to build a team the way you want has to be more appealing for top coaches nowadays.
I suppose the flip side of the coin would be head coach at a privately owned club, theres good and bad there also. Rob Baxter seems to be in the dream position at Exeter with a good relationship with the owner..... however not sure what it would be like reporting to Mourad Boudjellal down Toulon way..... just to throw the opposing slant on it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Mike Blair new Edinburgh head coach, was previously part of the Scottish coaching team.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Mitchell to Wasps so Cockers for England?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cheetahs to replace skint Stormers?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 am Cheetahs to replace skint Stormers?
It is a possibility according to reports
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We could take Pieter Steph du Toit off their hands if that helps.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:56 pm We could take Pieter Steph du Toit off their hands if that helps.
Now you're talking.

Did you read about the injury he had? How he nearly lost his leg?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:56 pm We could take Pieter Steph du Toit off their hands if that helps.
Now you're talking.

Did you read about the injury he had? How he nearly lost his leg?
Jesus. I knew it was bad though. Great flanker. He can do it all.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?