Munster 2021/22

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster 2021/22

Post by jean valjean »

Munster have been impressive, although the scarlets defensively have been shocking. Worry for syman hobbling off again.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

21 missed tackles for Scarlets and still five minutes to go. Absolutely toothless.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I would hope Peel has them in for extra training.

Premier Sports should do the same with the commentators too.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:30 pm Munster have been impressive, although the scarlets defensively have been shocking. Worry for syman hobbling off again.
I am sure that if it is a long term injury then IRFU will give them the funding to sign Etzebeth
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:Munster have been impressive, although the scarlets defensively have been shocking. Worry for syman hobbling off again.
Just read he has re-ruptured his ACL.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm
jean valjean wrote:Munster have been impressive, although the scarlets defensively have been shocking. Worry for syman hobbling off again.
That’s awful news for the lad. I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Premier Sports managed to miss the incident but I think he took a big hit as he claimed a restart.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm
That’s awful news for the lad. I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Premier Sports managed to miss the incident but I think he took a big hit as he claimed a restart.
Massive blow for him. Also for Munster and the league. The lows of sport can be so cruel.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'd say marcel will be a good contact for him. Proof that u can come back from 2 serious injuries one after the other.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I wasn’t convinced at the time when the IRFU were trying to re-house Carbery that he would have been a good fir for Ulster and his current form for Munster seems to confirm this.
You winsome and you lose some I think this was a win for Ulster. Burns may not be perfect but he has some real nice touches and seems to be committed and happy at Ulster. It is just a pity he wasn’t more ruggedly built.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Van Graan out Costello in
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

How could Wasps lose to a bunch of kids making their club debut? The red card was harsh and the nucleus of seasoned pros did well but Wasps can have no excuses.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dublin4 wrote:How could Wasps lose to a bunch of kids making their club debut? The red card was harsh and the nucleus of seasoned pros did well but Wasps can have no excuses.
Wasps missing 17 through injury then another 4 that were due to start on the morning of the game due to covid. How many internationals were on each team?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dublin4 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:54 pm How could Wasps lose to a bunch of kids making their club debut? The red card was harsh and the nucleus of seasoned pros did well but Wasps can have no excuses.
https://www.the42.ie/wasps-covid-munste ... 2-Dec2021/
The Premiership outfit have seen four players who were yesterday named to start ruled out, with one replacement player also forced to withdraw. The withdrawals have forced a number of positional changes too.

Of course, Munster have had their own severe Covid disruption in the build-up to this game, with 34 senior players missing due to positive cases in their camp during and after the recent trip to South Africa.

Wasps’ late setback comes after they had already seen 18 senior players ruled out of this game due to injury.

Out-half Jacob Umaga has been forced out of the Munster clash, meaning Jimmy Gopperth moves to the number 10 shirt, Josh Bassett shifts from the wing into midfield, and 22-year-old Luke Mehson comes into the team out wide for his fourth Wasps cap.

Lock pairing Sebastian de Chaves and Elliott Stooke have also been withdrawn, resulting in captain Brad Shields moving from the back row into the second row as 24-year-old Tim Cardall comes into the starting XV.

In-form number eight Tom Willis has also been ruled out of the Munster clash, meaning 21-year-old Alfie Barbeary moves to the back of the scrum as Thomas Young and Nizaam Carr come into the starting back row.

Replacement back Francois Hougaard has also been ruled out as Wasps revert to a 5/3 bench split, meaning Tommy Mathews and Cameron Anderson come into the matchday 23.

Kieran Curran takes the second row replacement spot on the Wasps bench after Cardall’s promotion into the starting XV. Replacement hooker Gabriel Oghre now appears set to cover the back row, as Michael van Vuuren comes into the matchday 23.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Van Graan leaving Munster in summer. Being linked with Bath job.
Last edited by Neill_M on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:Van Grann leaving Munster in summer. Being linked with Bath job.
I’m sure Munster are delighted.

What are Bath thinking?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.