Merry-go-round

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Merry-go-round

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The U-20 "second team" thing is seriously crooked piece of balloxology, it is there ONLY to prevent young players from being attracted to other countries if they have doubt about their ability to become an All-Black. No young player would refuse the invitation to play U-20 interntionals.

There must be dozens of young players whose potential pro career is brought to a shuddering halt because they are tied to NZ. No country should be allowed to use an under-age team as their official 2nd team. When NZ last hosted the Lions, I don't recall their U-20s playing the Lions, they left that to NZ Maoris.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The U-20 "second team" thing is seriously crooked piece of balloxology, it is there ONLY to prevent young players from being attracted to other countries if they have doubt about their ability to become an All-Black. No young player would refuse the invitation to play U-20 interntionals.

There must be dozens of young players whose potential pro career is brought to a shuddering halt because they are tied to NZ. No country should be allowed to use an under-age team as their official 2nd team. When NZ last hosted the Lions, I don't recall their U-20s playing the Lions, they left that to NZ Maoris.
Too right Bagster.

Totally shocked that an NZ U20 captain would leave NZ though if he wasn't eligible for Ireland.

Presume he was coached at one point by Pat Lam. Reckon we can poach him when he is IQ!

feck Wales too, feck them. Using their U20s, load of feck tom kite
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Lam saw him play for Auckland Under 18's when he was Auckland coach so that is where the link is.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

ruckover wrote:Despite going through all of this with another player, I'm still not sure - is it not the NZ U20 side not the secondary side that limits players to New Zealand only? Therefore he can only play for the All Blacks from now on?
I thought the Junior Blacks were New Zealand's second side?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

breakdown wrote:Is Heenan a project player for them?

Also I see Jamie Smith has been released by the Dragons....
Mind the dragons press release when they signed him, said they got him for three years cos he was so good Wales would be needing him :lol:

Just a wee bigot that was lucky to ever pull on an Ulster jersey
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Leicester Tigers have reportedly signed Perpignan prop Jerome Schuster for next season to replace departing prop Martin Castrogiovanni.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

James So'oialo becomes Connacht's final signing for the 2013/14 season. The 24 year old Samoan international utility back will join from the Wellington Norths.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Army prop Ricky Reeves will join the London Wasps on a one year deal from the Bedford Blues. The 33 year old has been given a one year sabbatical by the Army to play in the top flight of English rugby.
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Nigel Brady and ex Ulster squad member Conor Gaston have signed for Stade Aurilliacois in france for next season. Good luck lads!!!
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Wouldn't mind seeing Gaston come back to Ulster at some point. Always thought he was a good player that wouldn't let you down, not as clinical as Cochrane but anytime I seem him he was good enough.

Would certainly have had him back if he was available rather than MacIlwaine
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Perpignan have announced the signing of 22-year old Italian international Tommaso Benvenuti on a two-year deal from Treviso. The French side have already brought in scrum-half Dewaldt Duvenage (Stormers), winger Wandile Mjekevu and lock Justin Purll (both Bordeaux-Begles) to bolster their squad for next season.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Welsh flanker Jonathan Thomas has joined the Worcester Warriors after his contract with the Ospreys was terminated one year early.
Doink the Clown
Novice

Post by Doink the Clown »

Anyone know where adam d'arcy is going to?
Don't Stop Believin'
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Somewhere in France was it Bayonne and Agen where mentioned as possible destinations?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Leicester Tigers have announced several new signings for the 2013/14 season. After announcing the signings of prop Jerome Schuster and scrum-half David Mele from Perpignan, the Tigers have also brought in Neil Briggs, Gonzalo Camacho, Jamie Gibson, Ryan Lamb and Owen Williams.

Hooker Briggs arrives from London Welsh, flanker Gibson moves from London Irish and Ryan Lamb is brought in from the Northampton Saints. All three are England Saxons.

Argentinian wing Camacho joins from Premiership rivals Exeter Chiefs, while former Wales U20 international Williams arrives from the Scarlets.