Big World of Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Big World of Rugby

Post by big mervyn » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:44 pm

solidarity wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 pm
big mervyn wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:18 pm
solidarity wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
Here's how to make some serious money:
Fox sold its last in-game Super Bowl spot on Friday -- a 30-second spot to an unknown advertiser -- marking the earliest sellout for the game in years. A week before it sold its final spot, Fox had 17 spots to sell. The network saw a pre-Thanksgiving rush of advertisers that wanted to make sure that they got into the Super Bowl. “I pinch myself because I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Fox Sports Exec VP/Sports Sales Seth Winter. Fox used a sliding scale on rates. Advertisers that bought a one-off ad were charged $5.6M per 30 seconds; advertisers that bought two units were charged $5.5M per 30. The price for a 30-second spot did not drop below $5.2M, Winter said.

Works out at over $100 million for ten minutes!
I sort of folliw Seattle in the NFL because my brother-in-law live there. Your bog standard tkt for a game is the best part if $200 :roll:
Clearly We're in the wrong game. Groundshare with the ehhh, Belfast Buzzards. We'll expand the Pro14, 15, 16 into the US of A and they can get an NFL toehold in Europe. There must be a way.
They've created a ridiculous supply and demand situation because they play relatively few games and generate a high level of interest amongst a huge population. Baseball is much more affordable in comparison because they play so many games.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall