We need new team for world cup

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: We need new team for world cup

Post by againstthehead »

Kearny is still the man - thought he was okay today until he had to go off. Massive boot on him and rarely makes a mistake at the back. He had a poor game last week but everyone if entitled to the odd crap performance. Today, we just happened to play a french side that was on fire. England will be a more interesting game. If they wallop us then we really are in the s***.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Kearney could well be injured, he was sitting with crutches at the end. Here's what i would do if he is injured, Bowe to fullback, Shaggy to 14 (he's been playing particularily well this season) and Trimble back to 11.

Shaggy enjoys a run out at Twickenham, Earls proved today he's gotta few more years to go before he can be played at this level.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

mmm, hard to call. If our next game was at home then I'd definitely opt for Earls at 15. But away in England, it's a harder call. Perhaps Tommy at 15 wouldn't be a bad option.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

Tommy, Shaggy, Trimble can't kick for brad pitt...especially Tommy. He's never a fullback, I'd rather see Earls there.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ArticDonkey wrote:Tommy, Shaggy, Trimble can't kick for brad pitt...especially Tommy. He's never a fullback, I'd rather see Earls there.
Dempsey then!! lol
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
ArticDonkey wrote:Who exactly should be blooded?
well hayes wont go on forever so deccy fitz should be thrown into a court/rory/deccy front row. bryan young as cover on the bench.
OK o'connell would still be in there but tuohy should be brought into the set-up. ryan can sit on the bench to keep the turnips happy.
in the back row ferris and heaslip should be accompanied by either pollock or faloon - cant make up my mind which...

in the backs willis with iHumph.
whitten and cave are the future so play them now.
trimble on the wing with tommy bowe and jamie smith at FB

this is UAFC after all!
Henry for Heaslip and play in white too...
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

Jackie Brown wrote:
ArticDonkey wrote:Tommy, Shaggy, Trimble can't kick for brad pitt...especially Tommy. He's never a fullback, I'd rather see Earls there.
Dempsey then!! lol
I suppose Duffy is next in line :duh:
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The thing with the French in Paris is not to give them a head start. After playing well for 20 mins, acts of madness gave them a ten point lead. They relaxed and jelled. We tensed up and critically got no points for fine work at the end of the first half.

This doesn't mean we are a bad team but there was a shocking loss of discipline that needs action by DK. I suspect Flannery will be dealt with elsewhere.

Positives: Jonathan Sexton offers a lot more all round than ROG and he must come in. Trimble I buy into as well. Shaggy must come into the mix, he was badly missed yesterday. Earls is too immature and needs a bit of personal development.

Do we want to win the Triple Crown? If we do then keep the Bull in situ. If not bothered then put a young guy in at 3. Big decision about David Wallace, maybe Pollock, maybe Jennings or Sean O'Brien.

Dont think we can look beyond POC, DOC or Leo for the second row. Marcus Horan may need to come back or Tom Court as Healy should be punished for ridiculous sin bins this season at both club and international level. I say this as a Leinster season ticket holder.

Wholesale changes are just silly though. They need to be structured and gradual.
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

Iv Been keeping an eye on Marcus Horan recently and i dont think he will be back at this level!!! every time im seen him play recently he has been destroyed totally!!!! and looked totally unintrested
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

front row starting against England should be Healy Best and Court with Hayes on the bench due to the fact that English front is preceived as weak due to injuries

the other area I think we are becoming exposed is the backrow openside on a number of occasions Wallace was lining out on the wing in loose play -----Why ????

with Sexton or RoG on the Bench -- Paddy Wallace would not be my first choice option to cover just the centre while he offers more than most in attack and while his defence has improved he is still not the the strongest available.

I expect a backline of Earls Trimble BoD D'arcy Bowe Sexton and Redden against the English

Which when compared to the last World Cup only contains two players No Dempsey Hickie Springer Horgan or RoG

where we are ageing is in the forwards Hayes Flannery Horan P o'C Do'C and Wallace and Cullen has been around for a period of time and is not much if any younger. That said I still think PoC and Do'C have some years in the tank yet not that sure of the other 4
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Red Hand PD
Novice

Post by Red Hand PD »

ArticDonkey wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Dempsey then!! lol
I suppose Duffy is next in line :duh:
Can Paddy not play at 15 :duck:
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

Red Hand PD wrote:Paddy can not play at 15 :duck:
Agree with you there...
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bogboy wrote:
where we are ageing is in the forwards Hayes Flannery Horan P o'C Do'C and Wallace and Cullen has been around for a period of time and is not much if any younger. That said I still think PoC and Do'C have some years in the tank yet not that sure of the other 4
I think Flannery has another couple of years at the top in him.The others I'd agree with.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Earls is best option at FB if Kearney is injured. Would play Horgan and Bowe on the wings and the usual BOD/Darcy combo in the centre. Sexton to replace ROG and Reddan at 9. Would like Boss to be picked but it would be such a climb down by DK that I can't see it happening. Front row to stay the same although Besty to come in for Fla if he gets the likely suspension. Donners to replace the unlucky Cullen for physicality against England. Back row to be given another chance although Wally and Ferris in particular really need to up their games from Saturday.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Court has a shout at starting.

The bench needs someone to cover the back 3 too. (Boss can cover 9 and 15)
Why? Why not?