Junior WC Squad 2012

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BrianMc
Novice

Re: Junior WC Squad 2012

Post by BrianMc »

Well , beat the English 27-12, France on friday for 5th place.
Muineachán Abu
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

BrianMc wrote:Well , beat the English 27-12, France on friday for 5th place.
Comfortable win despite only having 35% possession. England's attack had all the subtlety of a brick. Farrell had a fine game at 12, made a number of breaks. Henderson started at 6 and was on the end of a fine break by Marmion (ably supported by both second-rows) for the second try. He was also sin-binned, a little harshly IMO. England had most of the ball in the second-half but their discipline was atrocious. Ireland's final try came off a steal in a ruck 5m from the Irish line and ended with a beautifully judged cross-kick from Hanrahan for Jordan Coghlan to score.
Red Top
Novice

Post by Red Top »

Disappointed I missed this match on TG4 - couldn't find it anywhere in the listings. Is it available to watch online anywhere? Even highlights? Can any techno-bods help?
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

During the game, TG4 were displaying a message (online) to inform that they did not have the online rights for the game.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

The IRB have had very extensive coverage and will almost certainly have the highlights. www.IRB.COM
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That English side has quite a few wee slabbers that you would never tire of slapping
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Rooster wrote:That English side has quite a few wee slabbers that you would never tire of slapping
I'd use the word "lippy" and I don't think this (or any) ref
took too kindly as to their imparting their vast knowledge
of the game to him. At one stage he told the Eng Capt
that "I don't need any help from you...". Their total lack
of discipline was a main contributing factor in their downfall.
Last edited by Mac on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Is it OK to slap teenagers? ;)
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

ColinM wrote:Is it OK to slap teenagers? ;)
Possibly.........but with the size of these weeans I ask
how fast are you over 100 :lol:
Image Image
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Not as fast as i once was Mac. I may still have it over 20 or 30, but by 100 I'd need oxygen :D
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

JJ Hanrahan is one of 3 players nominated for player of the tournament, he is the first Irish player to be nominated since it changed from u21 to u20. Heaslip was nominated when it was still an u21 tournament, possibly Kaino won it that year. Given that George Ford won this award last year and Savea the year before, it is a great achievement for JJ and Irish rugby.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Latest Ireland V France

Ire 15 - 7 Fr
Image Image
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

18 - 7
Only a couple of mins left
Image Image
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Final 18 - 7

Fair fecks to the young lads. :bowdown:
Looks like Hanrahan played a stormer.
JJ Hanrahan kicked the Ireland Under-20s past France as they secured fifth spot at the IRB Junior World Championship.

The Junior Player of the Year nominee slotted six penalties in Cape Town to guide Ireland to their second win of the year over the French.

Mike Ruddock’s side were 6-0 ahead at the break and Hanrahan gradually tightened their grip on the game, although Gael Fickou snuck in for a try in the final quarter.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish-int ... er-france/
Last edited by Mac on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

So this Irish side finish up 5th, their best placing to date. After a tired looking start, falling off tackles and losing 2 lineouts, they came through strongly and thoroughly deserved their victory. Despite scoring no tries , this was an exceptionally commendable effort. I believe that there is much to be pleased about with quite a few excellent prospects in their ranks. With correct guidance, there are definite future Senior Internationals here. JJ Hanrahan has got the big plaudits and is correctly in the frame for IRB Junior player of the Tournament. His 6 penalties today will do him no harm in that respect. Both scrum halves, Marmion and McGrath are talented players too and will be there or thereabouts. The Ulster boys did well too. Henderson had an excellent tournament and I'm sure he will get game time for the Ulster senior side next year. Nelson, Farrell and Olding showed that they are comfortable at this level and will continue to improve. They will put pressure on the incumbents in the near future. I especially liked the NO 8, Conan. He had an excellent tournament too. captain and hooker, Scannell looks useful and the locks performed well too. The injured backrow, Gilsenan is another prospect. So I believe it all augurs well for Ulster and Ireland in the future if these guys are looked after. Well done Mike Ruddock and Allen Clarke. The conveyor belt is working.