B&I Lions 2013 Thread

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: B&I Lions 2013 Thread

Post by Shan »

Anyway we shouldn't be fighting among ourselves. There's Welsh, Scottish and English involved in the Lions too. Why not save all our angst for them, especially Ospreylian. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

Shan wrote:Anyway we shouldn't be fighting among ourselves. There's Welsh, Scottish and English involved in the Lions too. Why not save all our angst for them, especially Ospreylian. :D
Poetic licence, there

P.S. Typos I can live with. Spelling my name wrong consistently is just criminal :banghead:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Anyway we shouldn't be fighting among ourselves. There's Welsh, Scottish and English involved in the Lions too. Why not save all our angst for them, especially Ospreylian. :D
I'm not sure whether I hate him, BPH or T78 more
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Russ wrote:
T78
Dura lex sed lex
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Thelaw wrote:
Russ wrote:
T78
Is T78 BPH?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Where's Baggy?
I'm here waiting for a fight and one of the protagonists isn’t here :(
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Jesus H Christ, if you haven't been fortunate enough to have been on a Lions tour chances are you won't get it.

The welsh scots and Irish singing swing low, the English joining in flower of Scotland etc etc is something that is truely awesome. It's part of the craic of the whole thing and everyone joins in on it.

Some serious bile on this forum since the season ended...silly season seems just about right.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm back Snipe, however a fight is a bit much to hope for. BNP is a clown and as you know well,
wits.gif
wits.gif (5.04 KiB) Viewed 788 times
Thelaw wrote:Now I know I'm wrong BHP is on my side
Says it all really Lawman, BNP is an onanist first, last and always. Probably a player of the pink oboe as well, a dirt road cowboy but of course, that bothers me not one jot, some of my best friends & relations are as bent as a corkscrew. Different strokes for different folks, eh BNP? Live & let live I say, ya daft turd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the Lions, just are an irrelevance in the modern game. It certainly was top drawer for decades and like you I was a Lions fan, especially when they played the calssic series in NZ in 1971 & only a cheating ref robbed them of a 100% tour in SA in 1974 when Fergus Slattery scored a try that was not awarded late in the game. Can't remember who said it but a player has alleged that after the game the ref said, "its ok for you guys, I have to live here." I used to read the major journalists books on the tours, lapping up every description.

I was also a Lions fan in the disappointing intervening tours until 1989 and was behind them in SA, and even if it was that prat Guscott who secured the series I was happy. It's really only since the tours became short & incredibly commercial that my hatred of it has grown. Clowns like Mike Burton being given a licence to print money with exclusive ticket deals so that its nigh on impossible to get tickets unless you buy an overpriced "official" tour.

Even more, in recent years with greater exposure to SH rugby, I have a great liking for both Aussie & Saffer rugby, both of whom I prefer hugely to England & Wales. Why then would I support a team chock-a-block with Welsh & English players, captained by a man with as much right to the job as Heaslip has for the Irish gig & last but more significant than that they are coached by a man I loathe & detest to a similar extent as BNP, Warren Gatland, the Warren Gatland.

There you are Lawman, that's the full story. I find the Lions just a smidgeon more credible as a concept than the Babas who now are simply a chopping block compared to their glory days.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
If I might offer a little advice Russ, I don't know T78 as I refuse to darken the doorstep of Monsterfans but Ospreylian, despite being Welsh, has some redeeming features, there is a hint of humour there. BNP on the other hand is simply a dipshit, a sour wee ballix with nothing good to say about anything, except of course himself. A regulation tosspot. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

The best thing about that whole rant is not even that you think that anyone could give two ># s for your opinion, it's that you genuinely 'loathe' me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just think about that. You're angry and have feelings of hate towards an internet messageboard character. Imagine how unfulfilling your life must be to think like that >EF >EF

I didn't realise things were so bad, I guess I didn't think about how terrible things can be for people. Regardless, I feel so guilty that I am now going to be nice to you as of now :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:Jesus H Christ, if you haven't been fortunate enough to have been on a Lions tour chances are you won't get it.

The welsh scots and Irish singing swing low, the English joining in flower of Scotland etc etc is something that is truely awesome. It's part of the craic of the whole thing and everyone joins in on it.

Some serious bile on this forum since the season ended...silly season seems just about right.
Catch yourself on Buck. NO self respecting Taff Jock or Paddy would sing that unless they were drunk. As for that first line, dangerous stuff, makes you sound like the tossers who talk of "real fans".

And of course its silly season, no proper rugby for a couple or three months yet, is a case of making do with the ould guff that we have now.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Popcorn time :D
Dura lex sed lex
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

C'mon childer .... play nice
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BPH
Initiate

Post by BPH »

Thelaw wrote:Popcorn time :D
Absolutely not, old chum. As per my above post, I'm going to encourage and be positive with BaggyTrousers as much as possible :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BPH wrote:The best thing about that whole rant is not even that you think that anyone could give two ># s for your opinion, it's that you genuinely 'loathe' me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just think about that. You're angry and have feelings of hate towards an internet messageboard character. Imagine how unfulfilling your life must be to think like that >EF >EF

I didn't realise things were so bad, I guess I didn't think about how terrible things can be for people. Regardless, I feel so guilty that I am now going to be nice to you as of now :thumleft:
Great news
tnsuicide.jpg
tnsuicide.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 782 times