2014 6 nations

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

2014 6 nations

Post by bazzaj »

Apologise if there is another 6n thread running I couldn`t see but thought I would kick this off with a prediction and summary.

Wales- I had them down at 3rd originally then went through their squad which has absolute quality throughout, despite their internal regional chaos.Their players struggling in France will probably see the 6 nations as a respite. Unlike us these guys lift their games when it comes to internationals and with North and that back line they have the potency that the other sides do not. They have the best coach too.
1st

England-Good progression under Lancaster and as ever they have a pack to match anyone but lack creativity and penetration in the backs paticularly a in midfield shorn of Tuilagi, which is a definite concern.Would think they will lose in France but really will be targeting that Welsh game at home.
2nd

France- Disasterous last campaign but the first thing they need to do is stop messing about with selection and play their best players in their positions.They do that and they have the team to beat anyone.Their inexperienced half backs may cost them but not having Michelak is no bad thing. Looking over their squad it has definately been selected with the next world cup in mind with a lot of inexperience particularly in the back line. Playing England at home they may just be favourites though consistancy as ever is their achilles and will be doing well to beat the Welsh away.
3rd

Ireland- Having to travel away to England and France will be tough and we need to kick on from that performance v the ABs.
Nice start at home to Scotland which we should win so I think 3rd would be a reasonable achievement following last years debacle but that would come down to beating Wales at home which I am not so sure about at this stage.
4th

Scotland- Utterly exposed by the Springbox in the autumn when they were nilled and highlighted once again their toothless attacking.They are away to Italy and if they win that and any home match they should be happy enough.
5th

Italy- Dont think there will be any shocks this year from them as looking distinctly average and will cerainly be targeting the Scots game as their must win game.
6th

In summary this could be the best 6 nations in years with little to choose between the sides so I dont see any Slams on the horizon.Its all about the small margins again so keeping key players fit and home advantage could be the deciding factor.I just hope there is an intense brand of rugby similar to what we have seen in the HEC and has been lacking from a lot of the 6n games in recent years.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 2014 6 nations

Post by Russ »

feck Wales

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:feck Wales

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

Quality Russ - expect for that bloody tapawank strapline, go to settings & turn the bloody thing off - please :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Apologise if there is another 6n thread running I couldn`t see but thought I would kick this off with a prediction and summary.

Wales- I had them down at 3rd originally then went through their squad which has absolute quality throughout, despite their internal regional chaos.Their players struggling in France will probably see the 6 nations as a respite. Unlike us these guys lift their games when it comes to internationals and with North and that back line they have the potency that the other sides do not. They have the best coach too.
1st

England-Good progression under Lancaster and as ever they have a pack to match anyone but lack creativity and penetration in the backs paticularly a in midfield shorn of Tuilagi, which is a definite concern.Would think they will lose in France but really will be targeting that Welsh game at home.
2nd

France- Disasterous last campaign but the first thing they need to do is stop messing about with selection and play their best players in their positions.They do that and they have the team to beat anyone.Their inexperienced half backs may cost them but not having Michelak is no bad thing. Looking over their squad it has definately been selected with the next world cup in mind with a lot of inexperience particularly in the back line. Playing England at home they may just be favourites though consistancy as ever is their achilles and will be doing well to beat the Welsh away.
3rd

Ireland- Having to travel away to England and France will be tough and we need to kick on from that performance v the ABs.
Nice start at home to Scotland which we should win so I think 3rd would be a reasonable achievement following last years debacle but that would come down to beating Wales at home which I am not so sure about at this stage.
4th

Scotland- Utterly exposed by the Springbox in the autumn when they were nilled and highlighted once again their toothless attacking.They are away to Italy and if they win that and any home match they should be happy enough.
5th

Italy- Dont think there will be any shocks this year from them as looking distinctly average and will cerainly be targeting the Scots game as their must win game.
6th

In summary this could be the best 6 nations in years with little to choose between the sides so I dont see any Slams on the horizon.Its all about the small margins again so keeping key players fit and home advantage could be the deciding factor.I just hope there is an intense brand of rugby similar to what we have seen in the HEC and has been lacking from a lot of the 6n games in recent years.
OK Jizzbeg
almost.jpg
almost.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

If Ireland don't win I hope England win it. Either way I'd love to see Wales finish 6th.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

I thought England were playing with themselves from now on?
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Gael wrote:I thought England were playing with themselves from now on?
They are. Only Anglo-Irish, Anglo-Scots, Anglo-French, Anglo-Italian and English and West English are interested in rugby in the Northern Hemisphere. :D
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Shan wrote:If Ireland don't win I hope England win it. Either way I'd love to see Wales finish 6th.
In terms of order of preference
Ireland
Italy
Wales
France
England
Scotland
Scotland bottom as they frequently beat us no matter how bad they are.
And their commentators/pundits are woeful apart from Doddie Weir.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:If Ireland don't win I hope England win it.
I'm goin' aff you big lad, same post as last year & no more acceptable for that - OK Leicester fans were top drawer but FFS Shan, ever hear of those PRL desperadoes ya bleedin' West Brit? >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
Shan wrote:If Ireland don't win I hope England win it. Either way I'd love to see Wales finish 6th.
In terms of order of preference
Ireland
Italy
Wales
France
England
Scotland
Scotland bottom as they frequently beat us no matter how bad they are.
And their commentators/pundits are woeful apart from Doddie Weir.
Let's make this simple

1 Ireland
6 England >threaten

Do what you like with the other 4.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

My wife is English so I will concede that one.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Uncle Joe factor will Help us this year. I also fancy the French will turn up more often than not and Wales will be feeling a little uneasy with the domestic problem. Scotland honest triers no more ,Italy for the spoon and England to lose a few.

France/Ireland
Wales
England
Scotland
Italy
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I'm goin' aff you big lad, same post as last year & no more acceptable for that - OK Leicester fans were top drawer but FFS Shan, ever hear of those PRL desperadoes ya bleedin' West Brit? >EW
Arra will ya gwan. The PRL money men are one thing. England supporting rugby lovers are at the other end of the spectrum mostly.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Arra will ya gwan. The PRL money men are one thing. England supporting rugby lovers are at the other end of the spectrum mostly.
You have obviously never walked through the car parks of Twickenham 2-3 hours before kick off, when they are all eating canopes and prawn sandwiches whilst quaffing champagne from the back of their pristinely polished range rovers.

Barbour-jacketed caaaaaaants.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

bazzaj wrote:My wife is English so I will concede that one.
Really, she must be good in the kitchen then.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”