2014 6 nations

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 2014 6 nations

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Specifically post for the attention of Shan of Limerick (formerly of Clare)

This me biy is how right-minded folk think.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-uni ... er-3182666
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Heard on Radio Ulster this morning that the Ireland Squad are going to be in Belfast for the next 2 days for training.

Anyone know where this will be?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:Heard on Radio Ulster this morning that the Ireland Squad are going to be in Belfast for the next 2 days for training.

Shaws bridge

Session open to invited schools and clubs
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Wee Woman wrote:Heard on Radio Ulster this morning that the Ireland Squad are going to be in Belfast for the next 2 days for training.

Shaws Bridge. Open session by invitation only.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Specifically post for the attention of Shan of Limerick (formerly of Clare)

This me biy is how right-minded folk think.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-uni ... er-3182666
Disagree. Right minded folk wouldn't have an obsession like this. An inferiority complex is not something to be proud of. This video is outrageous in its suggestion that everybody in 5 of the 6N dislikes England.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Surely can't be at Shaw's, the pitches aren't in a great state at the moment, it isn't actually Newforge they're at?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

therealspratt wrote:Surely can't be at Shaw's, the pitches aren't in a great state at the moment, it isn't actually Newforge they're at?
I think they're staying at Shows Bridge, prob use a combination of facilities.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ithryn wrote:On ESPN I'm on 177.

Going to need to make quite a few changes though now.
I'm on 191, and being an expert, I am struggling to work out why I'm not leading the damn thing. My team were 71540th last weekend dropping me like a bloody stone to 1805th overall, I fear the prize has gone. :duh:

Gratifyingly I am romping away in my mini-league of 14 souls, good bragging rights. >EW
I've 173, frogs have fecked me up, two yellas on Sat and now Fofana injured and Picamoles likely to be out of favour.

We ought to have had a UAFC mini league
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote: This video is outrageous in its suggestion that everybody in 5 of the 6N dislikes England.
Have to say Shan, other than yourself & the English nation, I've never heard a good word said about them. I'd say you could add in the Saffers, Kiwis & Wallabies to the list who dislike them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote: This video is outrageous in its suggestion that everybody in 5 of the 6N dislikes England.
Have to say Shan, other than yourself & the English nation, I've never heard a good word said about them. I'd say you could add in the Saffers, Kiwis & Wallabies to the list who dislike them.
I can't understand it. I've never seen any reason to dislike England in Rugby. If it is an arrogance thing the three you've mentioned above have it as second nature in both the playing and spectating ranks and so do Wales. The English rugby supporter is, in my experience, the best sportpeople apart from ourselves. I don't care about the sportwriters and boring árses like Guscott and some others who spout nonsense on TV. I care about the ordinary folk and the team themselves. England is the best NH country in rugby as evidenced by their World Cup win and their near misses in the same. They have had highly efficient teams and some outstanding teams who have a will to win as good as anybody. What is wrong with that?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I can't understand it. I've never seen any reason to dislike England in Rugby. If it is an arrogance thing the three you've mentioned above have it as second nature in both the playing and spectating ranks and so do Wales. The English rugby supporter is, in my experience, the best sportpeople apart from ourselves. I don't care about the sportwriters and boring árses like Guscott and some others who spout nonsense on TV. I care about the ordinary folk and the team themselves. England is the best NH country in rugby as evidenced by their World Cup win and their near misses in the same. They have had highly efficient teams and some outstanding teams who have a will to win as good as anybody. What is wrong with that?
Even Austin Healey was good for a kick in the ballbag :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan you very clearly have the skill of compartmentalising things and making a series of judgements on a micro basis.

I am an entirely different crater, I care not a jot for minutiae, I'm a big picture man, therefore my answer to your question is as follows:

They are English. In the big picture, there are few more damning labels. (as always I qualify this by saying there are of course tremendous individuals of all nations)
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Morgen Parra got sent off v Montpellier last week for a head butt on Rene Ranger, but surprise surprise has got a 2 game ban missing the Scotland game, but making him available to face Ireland :stir:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Team of tournament so far in my view,
15-Brown
14-Huget
13-Campagnaro
12-Billy 36
11-May
10-Sexton
9-Care
8-Picamoles
7-Robshaw
6-POM
5-Lawes
4-Launchbury
3-Mas
2-Best
1-Healy
They always make the point that French do well in the 6 nations after a lions tour as they are not as burnt out.
Of the team I picked only Sexton had much game time on that tour so that may well not be coincidence
That might well be the reason the likes of Lawes, Brown and Launchbury have been the star turns and would be inconceivable to leave them out of a lions team now.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Team of tournament so far in my view,
15-Brown
14-Huget
13-Campagnaro
12-Billy 36
11-May
10-Sexton
9-Care
8-Picamoles
7-Robshaw
6-POM
5-Lawes
4-Launchbury
3-Mas
2-Best
1-Healy
They always make the point that French do well in the 6 nations after a lions tour as they are not as burnt out.
Of the team I picked only Sexton had much game time on that tour so that may well not be coincidence
That might well be the reason the likes of Lawes, Brown and Launchbury have been the star turns and would be inconceivable to leave them out of a lions team now.
Couldn't bate eggs, sorry Eggs, no offence intended.