Ireland v Wales

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v Wales

Post by Shan »

fuzzylogic wrote:
That is nothing more than a wee pat on the cheeks after the Irish man had come off second best in the ruck. Nothing more.
Perhaps so Fuzzy and hopefully so. I certainly would prefer that AWJ was just being a bit of a langer than a dirty fecker. I actually like this guy and think he is a good player.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Shan wrote:They may need to have a look at citing some more of the dirty Wales team. If he did what this suggests he might have done he should have the book thrown at him.
Eye.jpg

That is nothing more than a wee pat on the cheeks after the Irish man had come off second best in the ruck. Nothing more.
I noticed this at the time and wondered was there some off-camera antics.

Also didn't realise Phillips saw yellow after his wee episode :cheers:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Have to say that when BOD got creamed, at first the camera angle wasn't clear, even now it's hard to be certain but certainly there was little or nothing of the left arm involved.

I suspect he will get away with it but hey wasn't it great to see him instantly clutching his shoulder - bit of a hint there - whereas after getting wind back in his lungs the ould lad got up blew out hard & got on with it.

Past it or not he is as hard as nails, I don't think I've ever seen a more combative player than BOD. The fact that he has/had so much talent is one thing but I wonder in reality who is the greater rugby warrior, BOD or POC? Its been a privilege to watch both in the same team.

I love great players, I love hard as nails great players even more. >appl >appl >appl

As for Wynn-Jones in the picture, it's not easy to see what is going on but to me the fingers are not near the eyes. Why he has his hand in the bake is another matter. Where did that come from Shan?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Hey Baggy. Someone posted it on Boards.ie.

Also agree with you about BOD, and POC. Two players who would have graced any team during their career.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

POM could turn into a POC type of mad eyed, crazy as a loon captain. I love the way he plays the game. Just needs to learn to channel the intensity a bit better.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:POM could turn into a POC type of mad eyed, crazy as a loon captain. I love the way he plays the game. Just needs to learn to channel the intensity a bit better.
My dear chap, you are starting to worry me now. Is it possible you will be adding another name to your list somewhere down the line. I wouldn't like to see that list get too big or you may be in danger of being de-Ulstered. :lol:

However I agree with you. He is still only young so hopefully will develop all aspects of his game to optimum levels.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:POM could turn into a POC type of mad eyed, crazy as a loon captain. I love the way he plays the game. Just needs to learn to channel the intensity a bit better.
My dear chap, you are starting to worry me now. Is it possible you will be adding another name to your list somewhere down the line. I wouldn't like to see that list get too big or you may be in danger of being de-Ulstered. :lol:
Never, Never, Never, Never......... :oman:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Shan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:06 pm
fuzzylogic wrote:

Perhaps so Fuzzy and hopefully so. I certainly would prefer that AWJ was just being a bit of a langer than a dirty fecker. I actually like this guy and think he is a good player.
Had another look on the iplayer, as I thought on first time viewing, absolutely nothing to it. D'arcy was over the ruck being a nuisance, AWJ came in, they had a bit of a tussle, D'arcy drove him out of the way, AWJ ended up on top and gave his beard a wee rub and pushed his head down a little.
Attachments
darc.jpg
darc.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nice one Fuzzy. I am glad to hear that.

I wonder if he was rubbing the beard for luck or something. :D
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

He is in fantastic form. The way he gets over the ball at the breakdown is sensational - so low for a big man. Sometimes I'd suggest illegally but sure if you get away with it, it's legal :).

POC was superb yesterday - the week off probably did him good. The entire team played out of their skins. Is it just me - or does the side seem a bit more together? Previously I always had the nagging doubt that players from different provinces never fully bought into the Ireland team. But everyone seems to be pulling together a bit more and working collectively. Just wee things like when a player makes a turnover or a good tackle, they're genuinely being congratulated by their teammates. Maybe it#s always been that way and I've just noticed it more recently.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The awful tabloid in disguise, Sindo, is at it again. Here in a headline they attribute a quote to Rory Best which he never said, just so they can continue on with their long-since boring tripe, Gatland v BOD. Do they ever get sick of being complete twáts and do they ever get sick of blatant lies and misrepresentations?

Rory Best: We had an unspoken pact to win this one for BOD.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rory-be ... 92327.html
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote: Is it just me - or does the side seem a bit more together? Previously I always had the nagging doubt that players from different provinces never fully bought into the Ireland team. But everyone seems to be pulling together a bit more and working collectively. Just wee things like when a player makes a turnover or a good tackle, they're genuinely being congratulated by their teammates. Maybe it#s always been that way and I've just noticed it more recently.
It isn't just you. If you go back a few pages you'll find I said that. Indeed that maybe where you got the idea. :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:
He is in fantastic form. The way he gets over the ball at the breakdown is sensational - so low for a big man. Sometimes I'd suggest illegally but sure if you get away with it, it's legal :).

POC was superb yesterday - the week off probably did him good. The entire team played out of their skins. Is it just me - or does the side seem a bit more together? Previously I always had the nagging doubt that players from different provinces never fully bought into the Ireland team. But everyone seems to be pulling together a bit more and working collectively. Just wee things like when a player makes a turnover or a good tackle, they're genuinely being congratulated by their teammates. Maybe it#s always been that way and I've just noticed it more recently.
I think your right Agin. They seem to be bonded and focussed.

Synergy :duck:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

image.jpg
image.jpg (77.88 KiB) Viewed 890 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Nice one Fuzzy. I am glad to hear that.

I wonder if he was rubbing the beard for luck or something. :D
I think it was Hook yesterday who said "D'Arcy is looking like Roger Casement." I chuckled merrily at that. It has to be said it's a a wizard beard altogether, must be fun tasting stout in a yoke like that for days after a session. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.