Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Ireland v. Italy

Post by bazzaj »

pythagoras wrote:
interlooter wrote:Tommy is safe :fleg:

Squad (33)
Forwards (19): Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster), Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster), Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster), Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster), Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster), Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster), David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster), Mike McCarthy (Lansdowne/Leinster), Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster), Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster), Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster), Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster), Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster), Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster), Rhys Ruddock (St Mary’s College/Leinster), Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster), Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster), Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
Backs (14): Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht), Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster), David Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster), Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster), Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster), Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster), Brian O’Driscoll (UCD/Leinster), Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster), Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92), Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)
1 Connacht
1 Racing metro
6 Munster
7 Ulster
18 Leinster

Reminds me of Warren Gatlands Lions
The key is not to get caught up in who is from where.
So long as they are progressing playing good rugby which they have been doing I dont give a tinkers where there are from.
I didn`t give a stuff on the Lions either so long as they win.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
Russ wrote:How is the second rate Bokke recruitment going?
Stander and VDH both looking good.
Yip not bad for medium rank Saffer exports, however neither up to Robbie Diack's class never mind real players like Ruan.

Not bad mouthing decent players, just stating the bleedin' obvious.
I'll grant you that Pienaar is special but we all knew that a long time before he came.
Stander and VDH have both shown glimpses of class, I have great hopes for both if they stick around.
As an out of the closet Munster fan, I too hope they do very well. Just stating the facts as I see it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Hints in the media today that POM is not 100% and that Hendo will likely start at 6. A couple of good skelps on Parisse would do his rep no harm at all.

Yes I heard whispers around the place about POM today. I wouldn't have much worry about Hendo although I would have liked to see him get some 2nd row action.

Anyone think Joe is going to slip Reddan into the starting team?
Sincerely hope not Shan, he's a muppet, though he may be able to manage against Italy.

Yeah OK, maybe muppet is a bit harsh but FFS he is not a man to trust in a crisis, unless Murray is struggling I see no reason not to start him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Awaiting social media explosion when Zebo is not named in the 23 tomorrow
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Diack for 6, Henderson for 2nd row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

I am actually looking forward to see who is in the match day squad. It will indicate how the :mexican: really thinks.

The excitement is killin' me! :D
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Diack for 6, Henderson for 2nd row!
That would be an interesting selection for sure. Can't see it myself.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

I can't see it either but I think that based on form it's a reasonable call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Henderson might just get the second row spot, I'm not holding my breath, but, much as I'd like to see it, Robbie hasn't a mission.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Scranner wrote:Henderson might just get the second row spot, I'm not holding my breath, but, much as I'd like to see it, Robbie hasn't a mission.
Almost got it right. Hendo at 6 and Robbie not even on the bench.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Ireland Make One Change For Italy Test 6 March 2014 12:35pm By Editor Iain Henderson comes in to the Ireland team for the test match against Italy © http://www.Inpho.ie
The Ireland coaching team has made just one change to the starting XV that narrowly lost to England for the clash against Italy this Saturday in the Aviva Stadium. Iain Henderson lines out at blindside flanker in place of the sidelined Peter O’Mahony and will form a backrow partnership with Ulster colleague Chris Henry and Ireland vice-captain Jamie Heaslip.
Paul O’Connell leads the side and packs down in an unchanged front five alongside Devin Toner, Cian Healy, Rory Best and Mike Ross.

Johnny Sexton has recovered from a thumb injury to take his place in the team in the backline that started against England and Wales.

There are a two changes on the bench with Rhys Ruddock replacing Henderson who starts and Eoin Reddan coming in for Isaac Boss who is rested this week.

Brian O’Driscoll becomes the most capped test player in rugby history today claiming his 140th test appearance (132 Ireland & 8 Lions).

IRELAND Team & Replacements( v Italy, Aviva Stadium, London, RBS 6 Nations Championship, Saturday 8th March kick-off 14:30 GMT)

Player/Club/Province/Caps

15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 52
14. Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster) 53
13. Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) 131
12. Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 77
11. Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster) 5
10. Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92) 41
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 25

1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 45
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 73
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 37
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 13
5. Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 90 capt
6. Iain Henderson (Ballinahinch/Ulster) 8
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 12
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) 63

Replacements

16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 33
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 6
18. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster) 3
19. Rhys Ruddock (St Mary’s College/Leinster) 1
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 1
21. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 52
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster) 8
23. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 24
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Baby face makes it! G'wan Iain :-D
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

That is excellent news for Hendo but I really cant help thinking I would like to have seen some changes that were not enforced to give other members of the squad a start.
Hopefully Sexton is not being risked as we need him for Paris aS I dont see how someone can be ruled out for 10 weeks one week and picked a week later.
WTF?
I suppose this selection shows Joes mantra is clearly one game at a time and demonstrates a damn sight more respect for the Italians than I have.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:Awaiting social media explosion when Zebo is not named in the 23 tomorrow
Standby :lol: Off to get me some popcorn >EW

Chuffed to bits for big Hendy!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:Awaiting social media explosion when Zebo is not named in the 23 tomorrow
Standby :lol: Off to get me some popcorn >EW

Chuffed to bits for big Hendy!
I totally forgot about this when I remembered he is not good enough to represent Ireland.

Buzzing for the response.

Off to IRFU bakebook and score.ie afternoon sorted