English Muck fernest Sheepworrying Filth

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: English Muck fernest Sheepworrying Filth

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wee Woman wrote:
shamalicious wrote:ImageAustin being his usual charming self. Gatland.
Classy Austin, real classy.
For Austin, that was actually quite classy!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Since GSTQ is a British anthem why don't the English get one of their own same thing giving free tickets to the Army who come in their uniform totally tasteless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:Oh and Welsh football supporters once booed their own national anthem when it was being played for the England Football team in Cardiff. Fair enough in the context of that game GSTQ was an opposition anthem but FFS it is the anthem of the state which Wales is part of.
Scots footy supporters have done likewise :roll:
Oh Shan you are so wrong my man, it's not the Welsh anthem, neither is it the Scottish anthem & bizarrely it's not England's anthem either. I do not recognise it as my national anthem either, I don't have one that I feel any remote allegiance towards, though I do confess it is actually the UK Anthem & also used formally by several lickspittle nations, such as NZ which retains GSTQ as official national anthem, though do not use it other than Royal engagements, preferring the less dull but equally dumb lyrics of God Defend NZ.

Incidentally your stated position equating the English & Irish reaction to opposition kickers, which I was appalled by today, is an outrage, damn your West-Briton tendencies & damn you slight on Irish rugby supporters, wrong, wrong, wrong. Retract & confess your sins.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

rumncoke wrote:Since GSTQ is a British anthem why don't the English get one of their own same thing giving free tickets to the Army who come in their uniform totally tasteless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shur get the NI wendyballers to sort that issue before the Englanders. At least her maj lives there
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Since GSTQ is a British anthem why don't the English get one of their own same thing giving free tickets to the Army who come in their uniform totally tasteless
As an old colleague once told me "Ah, the English. They are a warlike nation." Not a hint of irony.

I have to say that I too find the "lets have the servicemen along" routine almost as tasteless as the fact that fat massively chinned & gutted, boorish English men sing a Negro Spiritual when it would not much surprise me to discover that many would regard a negro moving into their street as an inconvenient blow to house prices.

Most amusing their use of the services since their nation has a long history of recruiting mercenaries to do their fighting for them.

They are of course welcome to GSTQ, a dull piece of music if ever I heard one, by far the dullest in the 6Ns. I find it hard to seperate the French & Italians anthems, glorious with the Italians perhaps the nest given it almost encompasses two tunes & is generally guldered like no other. The Welsh & Scots are about on a par with the English & Irish tussling for the wooden spoon of anthems with GSTQ winning by a short head.

Of course "Irelands Call" is of course another seriously poor piece of nonsense, though I have bellowed it on many occasions. Indeed I nearly burst a blood vessel on it when surrounded by Argies in Paris at RWC 2007.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Incidentally your stated position equating the English & Irish reaction to opposition kickers, which I was appalled by today, is an outrage, damn your West-Briton tendencies & damn you slight on Irish rugby supporters, wrong, wrong, wrong. Retract & confess your sins.

It saddened me that a section of chubes were singing the fields when Paddy was kicking

That was frankly a disgrace and people were right to ssssh that

Want to sing the fields, feck off to Limerick

Want to make noise during a kick, feck off to Wales

Can we move Limerick to Wales and be done with it?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Oh Shan you are so wrong my man, it's not the Welsh anthem, neither is it the Scottish anthem & bizarrely it's not England's anthem either. I do not recognise it as my national anthem either, I don't have one that I feel any remote allegiance towards, though I do confess it is actually the UK Anthem & also used formally by several lickspittle nations, such as NZ which retains GSTQ as official national anthem, though do not use it other than Royal engagements, preferring the less dull but equally dumb lyrics of God Defend NZ.

It is the UK anthem Baggy. There is no getting away from that. None of the UK countries have individual national anthems. Wales and Scotland use popular songs as anthems and England uses GSTQ. You may not feel any allegiance to the UK anthem but I'd bet you wouldn't boo it or any other anthem.

An outrage? Come on man. There was a time in both Twickers and Lansdowne Road you could hear a pin drop when someone was kicking. That is not the case any more. England are further along the dirty road I will grant but we are moving in the wrong direction also.

West-Briton tendencies. Ah here. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Great bit off footage of the Spanish national anthem when Barça and Atletico Bilbao met in the Copa del Rey (Spanish FA Cup) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSz76uRAfE
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:

Can we move Limerick to Wales and be done with it?
Get up the fecking yard biy.

Baggy- This is what a real outrage is.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

big mervyn wrote:Great bit off footage of the Spanish national anthem when Barça and Atletico Bilbao met in the Copa del Rey (Spanish FA Cup) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSz76uRAfE
Anthems are dangerous, designed to foster blind allegiance in the masses in the way military discipline does for soldiers.
In this WW1 and irish revolution commemoration season a movement to abolish them would be very healthy
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yet we have to endure 3 and a half every time we play an international in Dublin.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yet we have to endure 3 and a half every time we play an international in Dublin.
If the Pres was a couple of feet taller, would we get 4?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yet we have to endure 3 and a half every time we play an international in Dublin.
I agree with you JB, there should be none. I could do without politicians/royalty giving their blessings.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:
Anthems are dangerous, designed to foster blind allegiance in the masses in the way military discipline does for soldiers.
In this WW1 and irish revolution commemoration season a movement to abolish them would be very healthy

Oh feck. There must be something wrong as I agree with Py.

Note to self: Visit one's therapist tomorrow. :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Indeed JB

Oppositions, Ireland's Call - start of game