Post by Russ »

Ian Paul Quiff Collingwood MBE
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six nations Medals

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Anyone who made any of the matchday 23s should get a medal.

While I agree with that snipe it does leave open the possibility of winning a 6N Medal without being capped!!! Or do you win a cap now whether you take the field or not? :scratch:
Let's pretend that quiff didnt come off the bench last week, would he have deserved a 6Ns medal?
Yes.
he was part of the process and I'm assuming he made a full contribution to the preparation for the game. His presence on the bench facilitated playing Kearney.
Moose
Novice

Post by Moose »

Snipe Watson wrote: I don't think Moose was advocating a minimum tariff for a medal. I think he was just asking and put forward the football case as an example.
Yes. Just that. Simply wanted the facts.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Moose wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: I don't think Moose was advocating a minimum tariff for a medal. I think he was just asking and put forward the football case as an example.
If it's facts your after ask Baggy, you ave been helped
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Moose wrote:
Welcome to the board by the way.............. :thumleft:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Think everyone who makes a match day 23 for any of the matches should get one. Its a squad game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

So what way does it work? I may be blind but havent spotted exactly how they are allocated.

Will Marshall, Tuohy and Ruddock for example get a medal?

I dont see why they shouldnt. They contributed towards winning the 6N's/
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

Yea I wondered why there was no sign of Marshall in Paris given he'd played more minutes than Quiff for example. Put it down to his concussion but 6 days later he's starting for Ulster.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:So what way does it work? I may be blind but havent spotted exactly how they are allocated.

Will Marshall, Tuohy and Ruddock for example get a medal?

I dont see why they shouldnt. They contributed towards winning the 6N's/
Yes :banghead:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Cheers coffee
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Do the backroom staff not also get medals being part of the team though non playing, think I remember seeing a photo with some of them included, remember the fitness guys, physios even the kit man all are essential parts of the squad
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Do the backroom staff not also get medals being part of the team though non playing, think I remember seeing a photo with some of them included, remember the fitness guys, physios even the kit man all are essential parts of the squad
I watched the games on telly. I think Clive and. I deserve a medal each too.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I went to France.

feck Clive, where is my fecking medal!

I had to spend time with people from Ballynafeckinghinch for feck sake!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rooster wrote:Do the backroom staff not also get medals being part of the team though non playing, think I remember seeing a photo with some of them included, remember the fitness guys, physios even the kit man all are essential parts of the squad
Rooster you as always are correct every one from Joe down to nutritionist will get a medal if they are a part of the official squad. Any fat supporter watchi.g from his sofa or dodgy insurance sales man who thumbed a lift to Paris, does not qualify. It's A winning team. :cheers: :cheers: everyone who contributes is deserving.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Rooster you as always are correct every one from Joe down to nutritionist will get a medal if they are a part of the official squad. Any fat supporter watchi.g from his sofa or dodgy insurance sales man who thumbed a lift to Paris, does not qualify. It's A winning team. :cheers: :cheers: everyone who contributes is deserving.
I don't sell insurance!