Anyone for a global season?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Anyone for a global season?

Post by Snipe Watson »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 59,00.html
NZRU bosses remain exasperated that Northern Hemisphere nations refuse to agree to moving the June Test window back a month
How about a global season with a mid winter break in the northern hemisphere?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Anyone for a global season?

Post by big mervyn »

Extending the league season beyond the end of May would not suit me.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Once a Knight wrote:Let me see, Rabo/HEC from September to the end of May. Tours in June.

July off.

Pre-Season training last weeks of July into first weeks August with pre-season friendlies.

And it all starts again.

There's a global season already as Super 15 fills the July void.

Hard to see how a global season can ignore the seasons Snipe. More commercial reasons than anything else will dictate it. On that I agree with Wray. Time zones and TV.
Going to be difficult to sort the time zones, you reckon we could convince the Aussies and Kiwis it is morning over there now and it is dark during the day and bright at night.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:Let me see, Rabo/HEC from September to the end of May. Tours in June.

July off.

Pre-Season training last weeks of July into first weeks August with pre-season friendlies.

And it all starts again.

Hard to see how a global season can ignore the seasons Snipe. More commercial reasons than anything else will dictate it. On that I agree with Wray. Time zones and TV.
Going to be difficult to sort the time zones, you reckon we could convince the Aussies and Kiwis it is morning over there now and it is dark during the day and bright at night.
Kiwis are definitely dumb enough to believe that

Anscombe Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:

July off.

And it all starts again.

It is Steve Tew of the New Zealand Rugby Union that is suggesting it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

July off.

And it all starts again.

You are pretty new here Yinst so I'll cut your arsefoonary a little bit of slack, just a word to the wise young man, don't make a habit of it. >EW >threaten

Now, nothing that emanates from the slavering maw in Wray's bake can be regarded as anything but self-serving bullshite, and only as trustworthy as a politician's oath.

What is the problem with the current situation? Clearly nothing whatsoever.

When a man can drag himself from his scratcher on a Saturday morning to watch a shower if Antipodeans playing their wee competitions for UK TV, at close to their midnight because they are largely pecuniarily challenged, have brunch, wash yer bits and pieces, scratch yer balls for an hour or two then watch some manly Christians in South Africa bate each other til a pulp and finally catch a test match from USA, Canada or Argentina,I see little or no problem.

Mr Chew can feck off. Hold the line NH, time zones me ould arris. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

July off.

And it all starts again.

It is Steve Tew of the New Zealand Rugby Union that is suggesting it.
Well I I hope he is changing NZ time then and not ours !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

At this rate all sports are going to be playing the same season. What are we all going to do in January??
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

AndyB wrote:At this rate all sports are going to be playing the same season. What are we all going to do in January??
Pocket billiards ?
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
AndyB wrote:At this rate all sports are going to be playing the same season. What are we all going to do in January??
Pocket billiards ?
January is a wicked month only made tolerable only by the resolution of the Heineken groups.

I often spend protracted periods scratching my Crozier and wonder how best to spend the year, sadly I seldom follow the plan as somebody has to sort out chubes here.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Pocket billiards ?
January is a wicked month only made tolerable only by the resolution of the Heineken groups.

I often spend protracted periods scratching my Crozier and wonder how best to spend the year, sadly I seldom follow the plan as somebody has to sort out chubes here.
That's what copious quantities of port and rich food over the festive period will do for you........