Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Emerging Ireland

Post by namron »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:That's great for Stuart McCloskey. Fair play to the youngfella.
A bit of game time out there will do his development no harm at all. Hope the big lad proves to be a real handful.

16:00 ko - take it that's Bucharest time. 14:00 our time?
I think this kid has the potential to be an absolute monster of a player. Skill, power and pace is a fair CV.
Can he play in the back row? Nigel could if asked :duck:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:That's great for Stuart McCloskey. Fair play to the youngfella.
A bit of game time out there will do his development no harm at all. Hope the big lad proves to be a real handful.

I think this kid has the potential to be an absolute monster of a player. Skill, power and pace is a fair CV.
Not in any way comparing the two but I think McCloskey is taller and only a few kgs lighter than Nonu, and 10 years younger so the natural physique is definitely all there, will be interesting to see how he progresses
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Well fair play to him. He seems to have the power all right. From what I've seen so far he is nothing special in the skill and pace departments, so I am not raving about him just yet. Hope he proves me wrong.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Spiff, totally disagree, bags of pace, only 21, never came through any age grade rugby, so behind on developing but he does have a lot of core skills and will be come a very good player for Ulster, if we keep him
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:Spiff, totally disagree, bags of pace, only 21, never came through any age grade rugby, so behind on developing but he does have a lot of core skills and will be come a very good player for Ulster, if we keep him
Would like to think that they do keep him as Marshall's injury record is sadly not great and anyway we need the cover in the center as long term I don't trust Payne to stay
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Spiffsson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Well fair play to him. He seems to have the power all right. From what I've seen so far he is nothing special in the skill and pace departments, so I am not raving about him just yet. Hope he proves me wrong.
Give the lad a chance. I'm not saying he's the finished article yet, he has bags of potential.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

I have watched McCloskey this season and described him as a bolter with raw talent. He always appeared to put his man down in the tackle and break a tackle going forward. Sometimes he showed a little misplaced ambition like the quick tap penalty taken but who is to say what would have happened if our Welsh whistle blower had not been shouting at him and he had scored would he have been a media darling or the next Zebo!!!!!!!!
I don't think Ulster would have been so willing to release Farrell if the coaching team had not seen something in this lad. So lets watch his progress and wish him well with emerging Ireland.
themezz
Novice

Post by themezz »

Game over 38-0 after 30min

p pulling the strings, and his 60m break lead to Conways 2nd try
Gilroy scored on a break from well inside Ireland's half, started on the right ran forward and left into the middle and outpaced their full back on the outside to finish under the posts

McClosky looks at home here always making yards going forward and solid in Defence

Black and Annett are dominating in the scrum.
Annett showed some pace for his try, big mistake letting him go so soon.

Not really a test for anyone though
And IRB streaming is Dung
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

themezz wrote:Game over 38-0 after 30min

p pulling the strings, and his 60m break lead to Conways 2nd try
Gilroy scored on a break from well inside Ireland's half, started on the right ran forward and left into the middle and outpaced their full back on the outside to finish under the posts

McClosky looks at home here always making yards going forward and solid in Defence

Black and Annett are dominating in the scrum.
Annett showed some pace for his try, big mistake letting him go so soon.

Not really a test for anyone though
And IRB streaming is Dung
Agree re Annett
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Got to say Copeland is a big unit! ( you've got a good one there, Shan; more's the pity :D ) Maybe a new Duggan without the Guinness intake?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Give the lad a chance. I'm not saying he's the finished article yet, he has bags of potential.
Yes. I absolutely agree he has a lot of potential and will give him every chance to fulfill it. But I think there is too much premature raving about young, developing players on rugby discussion boards. Many seem to be regarded as possible world beaters after a couple of decent games. There are a lot of good young lads out there and who knows which of them may come through. E.g. - at the moment, I would regard Noel Reid of Leinster as just a good a prospect as McCloskey , and a different kind of 12. We once raved about Farrell and now he's quietly moved away to France after being unable to get a game at Ulster.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Setanta wrote:Got to say Copeland is a big unit! ( you've got a good one there, Shan; more's the pity :D ) Maybe a new Duggan without the Guinness intake?
He's fast too. Expect him to make a big impression next season. He could crack the Ireland squad.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

59-0, Marshall try
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

The ref has abandoned the game (at least temporarily) for a lightening storm!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thank God, I thought it was my PC!!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!