Argentina v Ireland

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Argentina v Ireland

Post by Setanta »

Then you also have Madigan, Earls, and Fitzgerald! :duh: Oh, and only eight games before the RWC :stout: :stout: :stout:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

From media reports, it seems Joe is not a happy camper and is deeply critical of some of his players.
It's good that he has high standards and wants more. He says what he saw is not good enough for the saffies.
Autumn internationals should be very competitive .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:From media reports, it seems Joe is not a happy camper and is deeply critical of some of his players.
It's good that he has high standards and wants more. He says what he saw is not good enough for the saffies.
Hardly surprising, I've no problem if he says that but I'd find it hard to believe he hasn't earned a few things. He needs to be demanding & it has been turgid stuff but as we always hear its a long season & the players probably are in need of a break.

A few serious operators missing too.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Correct Bagster
He has learnt that;
Henderson must start.
Our old players are getting older.
We are seriously lacking a midfield.
Murray and Healey are irreplaceable.
As a matter a fact he hasn't learnt that but confirmed it so he knows the clock Iis ticking.
Should have been a development tour considering the opp and the timing.
Frankly I am amazed it wasn't
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dublin4 wrote:From media reports, it seems Joe is not a happy camper and is deeply critical of some of his players.
I like joe.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote: Should have been a development tour considering the opp and the timing.
Frankly I am amazed it wasn't
What makes you think it wasn't a development tour? It looked like one to me. I guessing about a dozen players left at home.......
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

OConnell Best Sexton Ross Reddan Trimble Kearney Hemry Heaslip Toner are all being developed?
Oh well better late than never I suppose.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

bazzaj wrote:OConnell Best Sexton Ross Reddan Trimble Kearney Hemry Heaslip Toner are all being developed?
There's a difference between sending out 30 uncapped players on a summer tour and developing a small group of players, you need the experienced core in the squad as well, otherwise it becomes 23 young players trying to impress individually.

Just how much would Henderson have learned from packing down alongside say Dave Foley for example instead of Paul O'Connell? A hell of a lot less is my guess.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:
bazzaj wrote:OConnell Best Sexton Ross Reddan Trimble Kearney Hemry Heaslip Toner are all being developed?
There's a difference between sending out 30 uncapped players on a summer tour and developing a small group of players, you need the experienced core in the squad as well, otherwise it becomes 23 young players trying to impress individually.

Just how much would Henderson have learned from packing down alongside say Dave Foley for example instead of Paul O'Connell? A hell of a lot less is my guess.
Exactly.
development means integrating players into an existing team. What would be the point of sending the Wolfhounds to Argentina to play is slightly different shirts?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Yes that in my world is simply called a tour.
Development is not a word I would use to describe a side where the majority of players are 30 years plus by the time the world cup comes round.
Who asides from Hendo could we say have been in any way developed on this development tour?
Also who that were fit did we not bring so we could develop the likes of Ross and Reddan?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Well it's a matter of semantics then.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Yes that in my world is simply called a tour.
Development is not a word I would use to describe a side where the majority of players are 30 years plus by the time the world cup comes round.
Who asides from Hendo could we say have been in any way developed on this development tour?
Also who that were fit did we not bring so we could develop the likes of Ross and Reddan?
Every single player who got to spend time with Schmidt, and in the squad culture

except Zebo. he's a Warren Gatland

Anscombe Out
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

No the likes of Ross POC or Reddan were no more developed than if you had chosen to take Fergus Slattery or Jack Kyle.
Again who fit did we leave behind?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:No the likes of Ross POC or Reddan were no more developed than if you had chosen to take Fergus Slattery or Jack Kyle.
Again who fit did we leave behind?
Paddy Butler.

So, you want to integrate players into systems and cultures, by leaving out integral parts of your systems and cultures

Anscombe Out
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Of course not but don't choose to call it a development tour.
Thats the very nature of an international rugby tour and no different to what the rest of the NH teams are currently doing
Again who that are fit did we leave behind?
Snipe reckons a dozen but I would like to know who they are.