Womens World Cup 2014

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Re: Womens World Cup 2014

Post by Neil F »

Setanta wrote:It has been a superb competition but I find it very sad that the final is commentated upon by two totally biased English commentators! Do not get me wrong, England deserve to be winning but as an Irish supporter living in Switzerland it is grating; God help any Canadian supporter having to suffer it.
I had the misfortune of listening to the Ireland-England semi-final on Radio 5, with largely the same feeling; two English commentators making no effort at all to be unbiased. In fact, a little bit more anger there, I imagine, as Radio 5 is paid for by, and broadcast to almost two million people who probably weren't supporting England.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neil F wrote:
Setanta wrote:It has been a superb competition but I find it very sad that the final is commentated upon by two totally biased English commentators! Do not get me wrong, England deserve to be winning but as an Irish supporter living in Switzerland it is grating; God help any Canadian supporter having to suffer it.
I had the misfortune of listening to the Ireland-England semi-final on Radio 5, with largely the same feeling; two English commentators making no effort at all to be unbiased. In fact, a little bit more anger there, I imagine, as Radio 5 is paid for by, and broadcast to almost two million people who probably weren't supporting England.
Was the same on Sky, seriously biased commentary
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neil F wrote: I had the misfortune of listening to the Ireland-England semi-final on Radio 5, with largely the same feeling; two English commentators making no effort at all to be unbiased. In fact, a little bit more anger there, I imagine, as Radio 5 is paid for by, and broadcast to almost two million people who probably weren't supporting England.

That's their issue. BBC probably can't understand why people in the UK don't support their own. I'd be on their side on that.

Supporting fecking Canada rather than England. FFS I never heard the likes of it.

Tis almost as bad as this guy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrSzRLNRHdU
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

That made me boke a little.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neil F wrote:
Why did you continue to listen?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Why did you continue to listen?
Mostly, a complete lack of alternatives to tune into on a work day in Sweden >ESAD
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Not a single sexist comment or asking if any of them are fit.

I am surprised

Easterby Out