Hook has a go at Payne

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Hook has a go at Payne

Post by againstthehead »

The pundit was trying to point out that Ian Madigan should be playing instead of the Ulster star in the centre for Ireland and then brought up the issue of nationality.

"I'd like to know why Ireland has a problem of picking second rate foreign players," he said

"Ian Madigan has been appallingly treated."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/s ... 66738.html

Haven't seen the game - was Jared that bad? Not that his performance justifies Hooks comments.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Hook has a go at Payne

Post by HammerTime »

It wasn't hook it was that tool M'Gurk that was having a go at him.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HammerTime wrote:It wasn't hook it was that tool M'Gurk that was having a go at him.
It was George. Shaggy put him in his box.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The quotes above were from Hook. You expect that kind of stuff from him. What I can't understand is what he sees in Mads.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lol at the suggestion of wee mads
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Feckin cheek.

We're the only wans allowed to sleg off Jihad at 13 :evil:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Snipe Watson wrote:
HammerTime wrote:It wasn't hook it was that tool M'Gurk that was having a go at him.
No M'Gurk was itching to bring it up...Hook mentioned NIQ's tacking the place of IQ players and used the example of Madigan (Copperworth) M'Gurk then brought up Payne and really got stuck into him basically saying he should have stayed in NZ.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HammerTime wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
No M'Gurk was itching to bring it up...Hook mentioned NIQ's tacking the place of IQ players and used the example of Madigan (Copperworth) M'Gurk then brought up Payne and really got stuck into him basically saying he should have stayed in NZ.
No. He should have stayed at 15

However, Ireland have no international proven centres thanks to the mediocrity of Dorce and BoD under Kidney and BoD becoming undroppable in the meedya
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Like most I think Payne would give Ireland something different at 15 and push Kearney who isn't the be all and end. Maybe Hook and all should tackle the positional issue instead of the foreigner tag.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:The quotes above were from Hook. You expect that kind of stuff from him. What I can't understand is what he sees in Mads.
Hook did indeed call Jihadi Jared a second rate foreigner, however at 13 Hook is 100% dead on balls accurate. Payne has offered Ulster nothing whatsoever at 13, he is currently offering almost nothing to Ireland at 13.

What's wrong people? The truth hurts, right? Payne is not a 13, ow many times does it have to be said.
Russ wrote:Lol at the suggestion of wee mads
LOL you may Russ, but if Madigan played 12 inside Henshaw 13 Ireland might have some remote prospect of beating Scotland by enough points to in the 6Ns. In the centre, Madigan has some ability to beat a player, Payne has more or less none.

Exhibit A: oh yeah and guess who made a shoddy half attempt at a tackle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0nqUUnnATs
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:The quotes above were from Hook. You expect that kind of stuff from him. What I can't understand is what he sees in Mads.
Hook did indeed call Jihadi Jared a second rate foreigner, however at 13 Hook is 100% dead on balls accurate. Payne has offered Ulster nothing whatsoever at 13, he is currently offering almost nothing to Ireland at 13.

What's wrong people? The truth hurts, right? Payne is not a 13, ow many times does it have to be said.
Russ wrote:Lol at the suggestion of wee mads
LOL you may Russ, but if Madigan played 12 inside Henshaw 13 Ireland might have some remote prospect of beating Scotland by enough points to in the 6Ns. In the centre, Madigan has some ability to beat a player, Payne has more or less none.

Exhibit A: oh yeah and guess who made a shoddy half attempt at a tackle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0nqUUnnATs
There's not a court in the land that would convict Jared of being a success at 13 for Ulster or Ireland. That's not the issue and I do have an issue with him. The xenophobic undertone that was implicit in what he said was totally unacceptable.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

From the land of granny gate its a bit rich.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:From the land of granny gate its a bit rich.
Isn't it just. :lol:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I'm in two minds. I don't like Jared at 13 for Ulster but its winding me up he's getting a slagging. Still one of ours.

Jared doesn't pick the Irish team. Tell Hook to feck of and have a go at Joe.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

damianmcr wrote:I'm in two minds. I don't like Jared at 13 for Ulster but its winding me up he's getting a slagging. Still one of ours.

Jared doesn't pick the Irish team. Tell Hook to feck of and have a go at Joe.
He was. Well he was having a go at the selection and Joe selects the ream afaik.