The case against Mr Wayne Barnes.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The case against Mr Wayne Barnes.

Post by Rooster »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Tell me, Ballyclare being Ballyclare and Dromore being Dromore...

Is it difficult to wash the stench of farmland shi&e off yourself. Anytime I've been near either of those hovels there's been a turgid stink of slurry in the air. And both rotten places to play, to add further insult...
Nothing wrong with the good healthy smell of farmland shi&e , if you don't like it feck off back to the petrol and diesel fumes in a town
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Players not playing to their ability/potential - that's sport. It happens to a lesser extent in today's professional game, but it's 'sport'.

Tommy Bowe had to cover the player he did. It was the player inside him who didn't come across - Heaslip or Jordi I believe.

To keep us both in the right, it was a thoroughly enjoyable, albeit flawed game. Certainly gripped me. Didn't look at the phone once (usually I'm onto Tumblr for a sleaze or Twitter to find out how the rest of the world's getting on). Was actually shouting at the TV during 'that' period of possession. Cursing Cian Healy when the ball bounced off his fat hands.

Ireland weren't great. Wales were, but had to be to beat Ireland.

Gurn about the referee all you wish. Like blaming the guy who invented Zyklon B.
To be honest, I don't think that Wales, overall, were all that great at all. They did defend magnificently and their defence defined the game. In that department they were great. Full marks to them for that, and they deserved the win. But again they did not offer a lot in attack and scored one very soft try. The game was over after 14 mins when Wales went 12-0 ahead by four Halfpenny penalties after some sloppy Ireland discipline. Ireland/Wales/England now look much of a muchness, with nothing really between them, and any one of them well capable of beating the others in any encounter.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Some interesting comments from Eddie in last nights 6 Nations show. He was asked whether refs are studied prior to games and he replied that Barnes was analysed and found to be very strict at the start of a game and then lets things go later to keep the game flowing. Hence 12 points to Wales and a yellow card early on but yet at a crucial time in the match, the 40 odd phases, he let Wales off the hook. Chris Henry was a little more blunt on the refs performance.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I said it after the game that we lost it ourselves but that I wish Barnes was not allowed to ref another Ireland match. Nothing has changed my mind on that.

I maintain that the only things I like about Barnes is that he sent off Dylan Hartley correctly in a premiership final when a lot of refs might have bottled it and that in general he is not afraid to take a hard line. I just wish he would take the same line on a high percentage of his decisions but he won't and is therefore too inconsistent to be a ref at the top level.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Tell me, Ballyclare being Ballyclare and Dromore being Dromore...

Is it difficult to wash the stench of farmland shi&e off yourself. Anytime I've been near either of those hovels there's been a turgid stink of slurry in the air. And both rotten places to play, to add further insult...
WKOTW, care to tell us with which Club would you be associated ?
The public have a rite 2 no !
"Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold." - Mark Twain
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Antrim Hills wrote:

I'd tell you, but it would lead to all sorts of slander that would sully the name of one of Ulster's great junior clubs
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:

I'd tell you, but it would lead to all sorts of slander that would sully the name of one of Ulster's great junior clubs
But you seem to think it's OK for you to slabber on this Board about other Junior clubs.
On this day of days, I'll pardon your ignorance (in both the literal and vernacular) if you will tone down your comments - how about that for an offer ?
"Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold." - Mark Twain
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

Antrim Hills wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:

But you seem to think it's OK for you to slabber on this Board about other Junior clubs.
On this day of days, I'll pardon your ignorance (in both the literal and vernacular) if you will tone down your comments - how about that for an offer ?
WKOTW, for the avoidance of doubt (in case that's why you're tongue-tied all of a sudden), I meant you ought to do the toning down ON HERE.
Waiting.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Antrim Hills wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:

WKOTW, for the avoidance of doubt (in case that's why you're tongue-tied all of a sudden), I meant you ought to do the toning down ON HERE.
Waiting.
You realise that slabbering is about 97-99% of what goes on here?
It's the hope that kills you.
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

RBBBN, indeed I do, and enjoy most of it.
But WKOTW won't let us get a dig back to make it a fair contest, so I think he should do the honourable alternative.
The silence is deafening !
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Antrim Hills wrote:RBBBN, indeed I do, and enjoy most of it.
But WKOTW won't let us get a dig back to make it a fair contest, so I think he should do the honourable alternative.

Pistol. Library. Midnight ?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

He is an occasional visitor these days Ant. You "slabbering" like a whiny wee bitch will not elicit a response from him, sadly, you are beneath his dignity.

He could have told you that himself but as I say, beneath his dignity and given you have apparently been about here for the best part of a decade, you should & probably do know that.

By the way, are you the one on the right or left? :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:

Pistol. Library. Midnight ?
Nah Spiffer, Antrim Dec, in Spanners, with a Crap Ulster Performance.

Enough to kill anyone.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Welder is a bengorian or a donaghadee man I believe.
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

BuckRogers wrote:Welder is a bengorian or a donaghadee man I believe.
Buck, am liking you more by the minute. Had sorta guessed within 10 miles or so.
Anyway, it's time to get this spat off the International board and back to the murky depths of the Qualifying League, where the good folk of Dromore & Ballyclare can probe whether WKOTW is embarassed by his Club, or if it's the other way round !! ;)