World Cup News

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Tazz #15
Initiate

Re: World Cup News

Post by Tazz #15 »

Russ wrote:Lacey lost the run of himself today
Not the only one Joubert was woeful, is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency? I'm not even talking about between refs, I'm talking about an individual refs decision making. Two totally different sets of laws for each team yesterday. Paulie the legend clearly thought as much.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

againstthehead wrote:I really struggle to understand why anyone pays any attention to these games. They are a barometer of fek all squared when it comes to the RWC. Do you really think any coach worth his salt wants to give anything away a few weeks out from the RWC? Why do you think NZ played the rugby championship with next to no to structure? No driving mauls, no back moves no fek all. Is it because they are running around like headless chickens with no gameplan or is it because they are keeping something in the back pocket?
We pay attention because we are interested in rugby. Many of us spend more than 80' a week reading (and writing) carp on this forum. Some of us even go and watch AIL FFS! If the opportunity arises to watch a test match (no matter what caveats attached) we will grab it both hands. How much we read into an individual match performance is entirely a personal matter. But there is an obvious interest in viewing what evidence is available and extrapolating that into the bigger picture.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:I really struggle to understand why anyone pays any attention to these games. They are a barometer of fek all squared when it comes to the RWC. Do you really think any coach worth his salt wants to give anything away a few weeks out from the RWC? Why do you think NZ played the rugby championship with next to no to structure? No driving mauls, no back moves no fek all. Is it because they are running around like headless chickens with no gameplan or is it because they are keeping something in the back pocket?
That's because you are singularly stupid and have no concerns about revealing that to the world at large. In one way that is a good thing for you, it means you are blissfully unaware of how utterly dumb you are and can therefore lead a relatively normal life, free from the hang ups a more self-aware individual may have and potentially be "broken" by.

So that's a good thing all in all, certainly I'd prefer you didn't exist but if you must, I'm happy you are free of crippling mental illness.

Now then, coaches holding things in their back pocket. Guess who started that one? Yip coaches. The team plays shockingly badly and maybe 20 years back, some not entirely stupid coach said, "we didn't want to tip our hand mate" to a gullible young TV presenter and it's been quoted by dunces like you ever since.

Are we to believe that every coach in the world wants his team playing like gutters in the weeks leading up to a RWC because he knows he can simply flick a switch and all will be well?

The truth is there is a happy medium to be struck and it is a wish to build to peak at the right time. That said Ireland are currently regressing.

I believe the non-selection of several of the frontline players before yesterday is a sign of weakness, it was based on fear of injury to one of a few key players. May be/seem sensible but given its a long time since many have played, the risk is they are entirely undercooked as for example Jahnnie looked yesterday.

Others such as the apparently indestructible Heaslip have been given time to play. So you play no hopers and pass it off as "running the rule over all possibilities ". Many buy into it as a coaches genius rather than fear. :roll:

You've been helped.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
We pay attention because we are interested in rugby. Many of us spend more than 80' a week reading (and writing) carp on this forum. Some of us even go and watch AIL FFS! If the opportunity arises to watch a test match (no matter what caveats attached) we will grab it both hands. How much we read into an individual match performance is entirely a personal matter. But there is an obvious interest in viewing what evidence is available and extrapolating that into the bigger picture.
As distinct from some clown coming here to talk bullshite about something he has neither seen nor in which he claims any interest. Arsehat.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Tazz #15 wrote:
Russ wrote:Lacey lost the run of himself today
Not the only one Joubert was woeful, is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency? I'm not even talking about between refs, I'm talking about an individual refs decision making. Two totally different sets of laws for each team yesterday. Paulie the legend clearly thought as much.

I don't think it was so much as inconsistency by Joubert, but he had a lot of calls made by Barnes, when play was on his side of the pitch. Play and refereeing was noticeably different where the other TJ was involved.
There is usually only one winner when Ireland are up against Wales & Monmouth Barnes :roll:
Father Jack
Novice

Post by Father Jack »

Againsthehead and Baggytrousers. How many times do you need to be told to play the ball and not the man. This is no place for your petty squabble. Take it to PM. The rest of us are not interested.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Here is a thought, put the blame where it should be - on an incredibly dull and uninspired performance.

So we were all schooled to believe that FibberJoe has the Indian sign on Warren Gatland, now two almost identical Welsh performances later, perhaps it's time to think again. For sure, Gatland has more or less one strategy, but any student of the last two years from Ireland would be hard to convince that FibberJoe has any more up his sleeve than Warren Gatland.

Kick and chase rugby plus one or two little subtleties, probably in the pack and hangovers from John Plumtree's work.

At the end of Kidney's reign, I was convinced there were hard times ahead, then Fibber goes and produces back to back championships. I remain convinced that there is the width of a wafer between Ireland's best suffocating chasing game working and defeat. Gatland appears to have found the answer, how long before the rest do?

I refuse to believe you can be so limited and not get found out. Then what?

A run of defeats and the magician found to have feet of clay is my best bet. Fair play to him mind you, what he has managed with very little is remarkable.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Gatland produces when it's needed and is singularly ruthless and clear headed for the big decisions. His track record proves it with Ireland, Wales (should've been finalist last time until Warburton pressed the implosion button ) and the lions. Turned Ireland from rubbish to the decent team allegedly developed by EOS then turned to Shyte by the Kidder. Two back to back 6Ns doesn't make JS Gatland, nor future AB coach.
JS is similar to DK in that he has his provincial favourites like Lukewarm, so plus ca change in some respects.
You gotta wonder what WG would do with that current Ireland squad.
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

When's the Ireland 31 being announced?I thought it was today, no?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

:roll: Oops, just noticed that it's tomorrow.

Eejit.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Spiffsson wrote: But do you think that Fibber will still select him on the RWC squad?
I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Tazz #15 wrote: Not the only one Joubert was woeful, is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency? I'm not even talking about between refs, I'm talking about an individual refs decision making. Two totally different sets of laws for each team yesterday. Paulie the legend clearly thought as much.

Agreed. Joubert has already proven he is an incompetent many times so no real surprise he did so again. In a perfect world he would not be allowed on a rugby pitch. Paulie certainly knows more about the game than Joubert. Then again next door's dog does as well. :D
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Shan wrote:
Tazz #15 wrote: Not the only one Joubert was woeful, is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency? I'm not even talking about between refs, I'm talking about an individual refs decision making. Two totally different sets of laws for each team yesterday. Paulie the legend clearly thought as much.

Agreed. Joubert has already proven he is an incompetent many times so no real surprise he did so again. In a perfect world he would not be allowed on a rugby pitch. Paulie certainly knows more about the game than Joubert. Then again next door's dog does as well. :D
Haha well put Shan. It was the look of sheer disbelief on Paulie's face when he was penalised for clearing out 'around the head'. Granted Tipuric is an odd looking being, but I'm pretty sure his head isn't directly attached to his shoulder. I am aware however that this occurred as a result of Barnes' interference. Clampits.

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: We pay attention because we are interested in rugby. Many of us spend more than 80' a week reading (and writing) carp on this forum. Some of us even go and watch AIL FFS! If the opportunity arises to watch a test match (no matter what caveats attached) we will grab it both hands. How much we read into an individual match performance is entirely a personal matter. But there is an obvious interest in viewing what evidence is available and extrapolating that into the bigger picture.

I'd go further BR. Rather than just being interested, many of us LOVE rugby. We can't get enough of it, either being directly involved, spectating, analysing and in some cases spouting in a rather emotional manner. :D

One thing though and I say this with the deflation of yesterday's performance still in my mind - I'm not giving up on Ireland for this RWC. I believe we can compete here as we have done for the last 2 years. One disappointment does not spell the end. Once the squad is named I think we'll see an upsurge and we'll launch ourselves into the RWC firing. Don't care if that seems crazy to some. What's the point if one can't believe. May as well just lock oneself in a dark room and cry about the bleak world you now inhabit. :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

solidarity wrote::roll: Oops, just noticed that it's tomorrow.

Eejit.
Tuesday at noon. I thought.