World Cup News

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World Cup News

Post by Russ »

Any chance we can take on a couple of tier 2 players for our side?
Few knarly props and back rows around
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Any chance we can take on a couple of tier 2 players for our side?
Few knarly props and back rows around
Uruguay's 6 and 8 had a superb games against Fiji tonight. That said I still want Pocock....... (not Pat by the way big Mervyn and Grumpy)
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Lancaster hasn't picked a team since 2011.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I'd say most refs would have given Hooper a yellow, but the disciplinary panel of Messrs Jones, Williams and Evans (or whoever) will probably back the commissioner
I thought his offence less serious than either of Burgess taking a swing at a guys neck & Farrell's cheapshot. They get 10 minutes and a warning, he misses a game. >crazy1
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone hear Bracken on the subject of what Billy the Ballix said? He didn't deny one word of what was reported to have been said, just that it had been misconstrued. :shock: HTF can you misconstrue what he said.

I expect crap to come out over the coming weeks that will keep us laughing until Christmas.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Andy Farrell denies knowing own son
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

From Scrum V Rugby Forum

The teacher asked her class to write down on a piece of paper the type of work their daddies did.
The children, very excitedly, scribbled their answers.
One by one, the teacher asked each child to stand and describe the job.
There was much laughter and screaming, apart from, that is, little Tommy.
"Tommy, why do you look so sad?" asked the teacher.
Tommy slowly rose to his feet, and replied: "My Dad's a stripper in a gay bar"
The other children remained silent, as Tommy continued: "Sometimes, he doesn't come home, and my Mummy sits crying. Sometimes he sells his body for other men's pleasure."
There were gasps around the classroom. The teacher acted quickly and dismissed the children, telling them to go out and play.
She then walked up to little Tommy, put her arm around his shoulders, and asked: "Is all that true, Tommy?"
"No, not at all, Miss. He really plays rugby for England, but I was too embarrassed to say".
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:I'd say most refs would have given Hooper a yellow, but the disciplinary panel of Messrs Jones, Williams and Evans (or whoever) will probably back the commissioner
I thought his offence less serious than either of Burgess taking a swing at a guys neck & Farrell's cheapshot. They get 10 minutes and a warning, he misses a game. >crazy1
It's the IRB's current cause celebre.

Of course, on any given Saturday when there are no citing commissioners or TMOs, thousands of players will continue to clear out in the same way and go unsanctioned.

Funny to hear Doyle saying last night, "There are cameras everywhere!" as a way of discouraging the handbags from escalating.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

went onto ITV player to see the highlights of yesterday's games but no sign of any. Has the coverage stopped now that Engerland have been dumped out?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:went onto ITV player to see the highlights of yesterday's games but no sign of any. Has the coverage stopped now that Engerland have been dumped out?
No
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Justice 4 Payne
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

damianmcr wrote:Justice 4 Payne
It sticks in the craw a bit all right, but we just have to suck it up. I think the protocol is about right now. Sense has prevailed.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I agree Snipe. Decision seemed right enough there with both going for the ball. Habana should be more careful as it looked awful.
daveysemtex
Novice

Post by daveysemtex »

romanian player yellowed for less last night. but yes you're right, Payne, ulster rugby and we the fans need an apology for 5/4/14.