World Cup News

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

World Cup News

Post by Kofi Annan »

Okay,Workd Cup is coming and lots happening around the world of rugby, any news or tît bits post them here.

Pre WC games or pains

I for one believe this is going to be one of the best world cups , 1, it's in the UK . 2, the RFU will do it right
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World Cup News

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I declare a lack of interest in the RWC and the Englishscum's ticket pricing and electoral stupidity.

For that reason Kofi, I'm out.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

image.jpg
image.jpg (83.4 KiB) Viewed 22908 times
Available for weddings May to August only
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I declare a lack of interest in the RWC and the Englishscum's ticket pricing and electoral stupidity.

Baggy, I know your hurting from a Tory landslide , but put the rugby hat on, and come out to play. I know you will be sitting in your baggy boxers, tin in your hand , watching some hardcore rugger. You know it makes sense , look on the bright side a bus of Tory MPs will get wiped out on the M6 on their freebie jaunt to England/Uruguay game, forcing an election :thumleft:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Any ticketing news on the warm up game at twickers?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Is that Luke Fitzgerald on the back of the plane?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

We aren't getting it are we :thumleft:
England players against overseas inclusion for World Cup

England internationals would oppose the inclusion of overseas-based players for the World Cup, BBC Sport understands.
Under Rugby Football Union rules, only players playing in the domestic leagues can represent England, unless there are "exceptional circumstances".
BBC rugby correspondent Ian Robertson said current squad members he had spoken to would be "outraged" if expats were made eligible for selection.
"The players don't want outsiders to come in," he told BBC Radio 5 live.
Clermont's former Bath full-back Nick Abendanon was named European Player of the Year for this season, while Toulon flanker Steffon Armitage picked up the award in 2014.

Nick Abendanon left Premiership side Bath to join Clermont last summer
Both have been mooted as potential inclusions in Stuart Lancaster's England squad, as the exceptional circumstances clause could apply to this summer's home World Cup.
"Strictly on merit they would be good enough to be in the England squad," Robertson said of Abendanon and Armitage, who have two and five international caps respectively.
"But the players I've spoken to are unanimous that it would disrupt the squad enormously, that they would have had a free ride, taken the big money abroad and come in for the glory of the World Cup.
"And, of course, this also would affect Stuart Lancaster and his coaching team.
"I'm certain they're of exactly the same view that they have a tight squad, they've worked together non-stop for the last three years building up to the World Cup and it would be exceptionally unusual for somebody like Lancaster to want to bring in people from outside."
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Wee Woman wrote:Is that Luke Fitzgerald on the back of the plane?
Tis our Tommy :-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

shamalicious wrote:
Tis our Tommy :-)
Breaking World Cup news, Tommy on tail of a plane
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I declare a lack of interest in the RWC and the Englishscum's ticket pricing and electoral stupidity.

Baggy, I know your hurting from a Tory landslide , but put the rugby hat on, and come out to play. I know you will be sitting in your baggy boxers, tin in your hand , watching some hardcore rugger. You know it makes sense , look on the bright side a bus of Tory MPs will get wiped out on the M6 on their freebie jaunt to England/Uruguay game, forcing an election :thumleft:
If you can guarantee that, I'm in. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd strap the useless fecker to one of the wheels or the front of a jet engine. >threaten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:We aren't getting it are we :thumleft:
England players against overseas inclusion for World Cup

England internationals would oppose the inclusion of overseas-based players for the World Cup, BBC Sport understands.
Under Rugby Football Union rules, only players playing in the domestic leagues can represent England, unless there are "exceptional circumstances".
BBC rugby correspondent Ian Robertson said current squad members he had spoken to would be "outraged" if expats were made eligible for selection.
"The players don't want outsiders to come in," he told BBC Radio 5 live.
Clermont's former Bath full-back Nick Abendanon was named European Player of the Year for this season, while Toulon flanker Steffon Armitage picked up the award in 2014.

Nick Abendanon left Premiership side Bath to join Clermont last summer
Both have been mooted as potential inclusions in Stuart Lancaster's England squad, as the exceptional circumstances clause could apply to this summer's home World Cup.
"Strictly on merit they would be good enough to be in the England squad," Robertson said of Abendanon and Armitage, who have two and five international caps respectively.
"But the players I've spoken to are unanimous that it would disrupt the squad enormously, that they would have had a free ride, taken the big money abroad and come in for the glory of the World Cup.
"And, of course, this also would affect Stuart Lancaster and his coaching team.
"I'm certain they're of exactly the same view that they have a tight squad, they've worked together non-stop for the last three years building up to the World Cup and it would be exceptionally unusual for somebody like Lancaster to want to bring in people from outside."
Reasons to hate England:

- The have misappropriated the Victoria Cross, per head of population, no country has won more VCs than Irishmen, yet Lancaster a coach named after a bomber my father worked on, decided it is English and it now is heavily loaded to the top of England shirts. I just find that offensive.

- They are almost all rightwingscum whether of high or low birth, manipulated by the Mail & Sun, who once again changed the course of an election.

- The claim Foreign clubs, i.e. jonnywilksinson'stoulon.

- They ruined the Heineken cup & have produced a charmless plastic copy

- Craig, Wray, Griffiths, McTwattery et al. Frankly I hope they lose heavily on their home cabbage patch.

That's the latest RWC news from me pending confirmation from Kofi that he will have the entire cabinet wiped out on the M6.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Jonathan Davies out of the World Cup. That's a massive blow for Wales.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Jonathan Davies out of the World Cup. That's a massive blow for Wales.
Yip, Jiffy's one-eyed commentaries are the stuff of legend, worth 6 points to Wales every time. >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wales are better without him