This is quite good.

"RICHIE McCAW IS A MASSIVE, HELICOPTER FONDLING C**T!"

http://www.bloodandmud.com/2016/12/livi ... ments.html
It's the hope that kills you.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by Cockatrice »

Based on yesterday a lot more Scots showed what was needed to get on that plane.. I had thought that having beat NZ it would be hard to pick against many of the Irish team going yesterday however showed different..

Furlong.. looks good for the plane
Best.. should make it
Murray.. likely starter although not on yesterdays performance
Sexton.. despite the fact that he will get injured probably before the 1st Test
Henderson.. still someway short of going
Henshaw.. likely
SOB... is he past it with injury
Kearney.. has to its in his contract probably the same for Heaslip as well
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

A long way to go but I think the Gray brothers really put their hands up yesterday.
The best second row combo by a distance on yesterday's showing and also the Scottish back 3 looked sharp.

No Irish players really took steps forward but Pj didn't look worse than any other 10.
Just saying.

In fairness England have learnt that big Mario is a second row all day long and they could do worse than start Teo and Daley to provide a degree of creativity in midfield not seen since Greenwood was on the scene.
Farrell should start at 10.

Wales outside backs looked sharp but no performance against Italy should be considered with any validation.

The main worry is a skipper.
Best and Hartley didn't pull up trees and Awj or Laidlaw will do well go be on the plane.

Maybe there's a call for a wildcard as Johnston was in 97.
Has to be a guaranteed starter which leaves Itoje Hogg Murray or a fit Sexton at this point.

However noone should be eliminated on the basis of one game nor should they be on the plane.
Form in the autumn should be considered but it must be endorsed by 6 nations form.
New Zealand is no place to carry passengers as we have found to our cost in the past.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would think Jones is the favourite for skipper..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Cockatrice wrote:I would think Jones is the favourite for skipper..
Wales would have to lose every other game for anyone else to get it. Thats why he was given the Welsh captaincy.

Rory will be the only Ulster player, and I suspect there will be no Irish back three players on the plane.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If there is one team I wish more bad luck on than the FIRFU it's the Lionsbastards.

Another bit of rugby I think I'll give a miss, an Anglo-Welsh, Jeremy/Dai combo with a token Jock & Paddy against Newfukkin'Zealand. What's to like? Maybe there will be gowf or cricket to watch instead. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38875624

Some interesting choices by Guscott based upon his interpretation of Round 1....

Includes PJ, CJ, Heaslip and the props.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Can never read too much into week 1 of the six nations. Main thing is to scrape a win which of course Ireland failed to do. I'd expect most sides to really step up next week and the lions likely lads will look diferent again.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38875624

Some interesting choices by Guscott based upon his interpretation of Round 1....

Includes PJ, CJ, Heaslip and the props.
Justin when posting something like that you should always add the caveat, "but of course, Guscott is a pensioner punching dick".

The archetypal Jeremy, couldn't love him if you knitted him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Didn't want to steal your thunder Baggy!

Give me the views of Will Greenwood every time - played for the same club as my dad!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:Didn't want to steal your thunder Baggy!

Give me the views of Will Greenwood every time - played for the same club as my dad!
Justin, present company excepted, Greenwood is my favourite Englishman.

I heard the following and thought, right he's a bit different.

To entire England WRC winning squad: What was your favourite moment of the final? Every Englishman said "When Toulon's yet to be Jonny Wilkinson dropped the goal." Greenwood said, "when Elton Flatley kicked that penalty to draw the game, I thought, where does a guy get the bottle to kick under that pressure?"

Was your dad a Grasshopper or a Tiger? I'm assuming not Hairyqueens. >EW

NB Of course Greenwood's Da was a Grasshopper.
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Was he Wade Dooley :shock:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Totally agree with the comments about Greenwood.
Incidentally my da played against his da Dick.

Also agree with Awjs being already appointed captain by Gatland the predictable.
Was merely musing about who should be picked which is of course irrelevant.
Good player Awj but as shown when he led Wales to a recent 3 game stuffing in New Zealand,wouldn't be the confrontational dynamic player required to take on the Blacks.

If only there was someone who captained a winning side over New Zealand and knows what it takes to beat them
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Blow in wrote:Was he Wade Dooley :shock:
I believe Will's Da Dick would have coached Wade Dooley at t'Hoppers.

Jizzer, was your Da bigger than his Da? >EW
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Bagster, my Das bigger than anybodys da so he is.