Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Aird
Squire

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by Aird »

Surprised at the inclusion of Laidlaw over Webb, not as if they short of place kickers that they have to include Laidlaw. Or is it just a sop to the Scotish public.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Webb will start midweek to keep him sharp.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Gatland has finally found the real captain. Took him a while. That being said given that Gatland is a tool I would expect Warbs to walk onto the team next weekend and obviously he will be captain if he does.

Sexton has a last chance to push for inclusion over Farrell in the test team. Up to him to take it. He has no excuses with Murray there beside him.

Back three probably as good as the Lions could manage. 1/2p will likely take goal kicks. Takes the pressure off the 10 and 1/2p is probably a more reliable kicker than both 10's.

There cannot be any b-llshit on Saturday. Lions have to win and ideally need to score at least a couple of tries. Simple as that.

Gwan POM - Kick the ballix off of any lazy árse fecker who can't do the job they are there for.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Gatland has finally found the real captain. Took him a while. That being said given that Gatland is a tool I would expect Warbs to walk onto the team next weekend and obviously he will be captain if he does.

Sexton has a last chance to push for inclusion over Farrell in the test team. Up to him to take it. He has no excuses with Murray there beside him.

Back three probably as good as the Lions could manage. 1/2p will likely take goal kicks. Takes the pressure off the 10 and 1/2p is probably a more reliable kicker than both 10's.

There cannot be any b-llshit on Saturday. Lions have to win and ideally need to score at least a couple of tries. Simple as that.

Gwan POM - Kick the ballix off of any lazy árse fecker who can't do the job they are there for.
Thought you might be pleased. Much as I am a fan of POM I hope they get their heads handed to them and run rings round them. Looking forward to seeing that Maori backline, just not sure that the forwards are good enough to do the job.

Unfortunately, that is absolutely the case, couldn't see where they had strength up front. "Perfect conditions" of course for the Lions, that said a great use of a yellow card which could have been red to win the match. Easy win over a team they should have expected to beat >EW

So POM as captain then. >EW
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If the lions can't cope with the Maori pack, they will need the Vaseline for the ABs.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:

He will spend the entire match kicking English and Welsh ballix then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Wouldn't say Maori pack are a walkover: certainly their backrow looks very strong. Will be interesting to see if they have the gameplan to combat the Lions rush defence. I lot of pace in the side so if McKenzie keeps dinking it in behind then you'd imagine opportunities would present. Murray needs to bombarding the back with contestable high balls. It's a perfect game for Gatland - if he can keep the game tight and slow the ball down then the Lions pack should be able to screw penalties at the set-piece and frustrate the maori backline with the rush defence. However, if they cough up rubbish kicks or cheap turnover ball the Lions will likely be punished.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Being given the Captaincy before a Test by Gartland is a kiss of Death ask Best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I see the Welsh also rans are playing in New Zealand at the moment. I wish them luck against the Maori this Saturday.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:Being given the Captaincy before a Test by Gartland is a kiss of Death ask Best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All depends on the result. If the Lions win, POM will be a legend, if they lose or get stuffed then it's the heave-ho.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Gatland planning to bring in 5/6 players from the summer tour squads of the home nations after the weekend. They will be cover for the midweek Chiefs and Canes games.

He is essentially splitting the squad into test and midweek squads after Sat.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Slow start to the game it seems by NZ, but now well in control 28-0 HT.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With POM as captain, it seems Waankland is getting desperate. He is realising too late that the Welsh players are brad pitt. In fact the only nonshit one, he won't play him. Ok Toby is not bad. POM is there to create a Munster mentality against the NZ Maori. Waankland will then think he's justified to go back to waankball when they lose.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Neill_M wrote:Gatland planning to bring in 5/6 players from the summer tour squads of the home nations after the weekend. They will be cover for the midweek Chiefs and Canes games.

He is essentially splitting the squad into test and midweek squads after Sat.
Yeah read a rumour about that....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The usual error-ridden poor quality hit out the first game of the season for NZ, 66-0 after 71 minutes. Shocking :duh: .
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.