Ireland v.Scotland

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Ireland v.Scotland

Post by bazzaj »

Neil F wrote:I can see the argument for two scrum-halves in the squad, purely because Ireland only have two that are remotely good enough to play international rugby that are in the frame. But as has been pointed out, the risks to that approach are huge. As it is, Boss never was an international standard player, even at his prime but as time has passed, the life and energy he sucks out of the game have become more and more obvious. I like Marmion and hopefully he'll improve in time but the number of his passes that begin dying in the air is cause for alarm - this, too, has the effect of sucking the life out of the game, whilst also providing a potential calamity for the first receiver... One could almost be tempted to hope that Schmidt might remember Stringer or O'Leary. Somehow, I can't imagine either being worse than the utter dross Boss served up on Saturday. A third scrum-half has to go but, personally, I hope we don't have to see him play too much.
Stringer is a great shout.
Like your goodself I had high hopes for Marmion that have been rather dashed but Stringer all day long as the number 2.
Baths back line has been an absolute revelation this season and a lot of that has been attributed to his speed of thought and service.
It obviously won`t happen though.