Re: RWC - Group B

Post by damianmcr »

Sure who is?!

Great to see Vermuelen back.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Quite.
Vermuelen is a beast of a man and South Africa will be a different team if he is fit and firing.
A total class act.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

They should have dropped Jean de Villiers and played a midfield of de Allende/Kreil. Time Matfield was put out to graze too. They will regret leaving Marcel Coetzee at home. I think he had a knock but nothing serious.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Isnt it because he's white?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

damianmcr wrote:Isnt it because he's white?
Some are saying he was left out to allow the quota. S.A. will never admit it. Poor reward for a great season's play. We should bring him to Ravers instead!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

If the saffers don't stop falling off tackles, they will go out in the quarters. In fact Samoa may even give them a rattle on Saturday.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:If the saffers don't stop falling off tackles, they will go out in the quarters. In fact Samoa may even give them a rattle on Saturday.
Samoa are no dozers so I would expect no less. Pressure on the Boks but I'd expect them to respond. Could be a terrific game though.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ex-Ulster players Filo Paulo :afro: and Mike Stanley starting v the Boks on Saturday.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Ex-Ulster players Filo Paulo :afro: and Mike Stanley starting v the Boks on Saturday.
Tried to suftum for them in the olympic and amex stadia

Didn't catch on
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ex-Ulster players Filo Paulo :afro: and Mike Stanley starting v the Boks on Saturday.
Tried to suftum for them in the olympic and amex stadia

Didn't catch on

For the game against the USA there was also Justin Fitzpatrick in the US coaching team.

All we need now is for Ronald Raaymakers to get called up as an injury replacement for the AB's.....
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

10 changes for the Scots starting XV v USA on Sunday. Should be a BP win.

All eight players who started on the bench during Scotland's Pool B win against Japan on Wednesday, have been promoted to the starting XV ahead of the fixture against the United States on Sunday.

In addition, Tim Visser, Alasdair Strokosch, Tim Swinson and Duncan Wier will also be included in the matchday squad for the trip to Elland Road in Leeds. Visser and Strokosch will start, while Swinson and Wier will come on off the bench.

Head coach Vern Cotter said the significant changes merely reinforced his message that the entire Scotland squad would have a role to play in this tournament.

What the changes also mean is that there will be a change in leadership ahead of the United States fixture. Scrum-half Henry Pyrgos will assume the captaincy this weekend. He has 16 caps for Scotland and has scored 20 points at international level.

Scotland:15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Peter Horne, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Henry Pyrgos, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 John Hardie, 6 Alasdair Strokosch, 5 Grant Gilchrist, 4 Richie Gray,3 Jon Welsh , 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Ryan Grant
Replacements:16 Ross Ford,17 Alasdair Dickinson, 18 Willem Nel, 19 Tim Swinson,20 Ryan Wilson,21 Greig Laidlaw, 22 Duncan Weir,23 Matt Scott
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:If the saffers don't stop falling off tackles, they will go out in the quarters. In fact Samoa may even give them a rattle on Saturday.
Possible Snipe, though I didn;t think Samoa looked great the other day either. I look to France last time out in 2011 and hope rather than expect the Boks may do as well. I expect them to win the group still but time to get the heads on right.

Matfield is a worry, seems the 2nd row will be Matfield & A N Other, even when the sub came on against Japan Matfield stayed on. Ligind but at 38 he should be the 50-60 minutes man and let the two big yutes get their act going.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Fekin huge result for the boks. Didn't see that scoreline coming. They should kick on from here.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:Fekin huge result for the boks. Didn't see that scoreline coming. They should kick on from here.

Yes but I wouldn't be getting carried away yet, Samoa were dull.

Hate to say it but Fourie Du Preez made a big difference.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Fekin huge result for the boks. Didn't see that scoreline coming. They should kick on from here.

Yes but I wouldn't be getting carried away yet, Samoa were dull.

Hate to say it but Fourie Du Preez made a big difference.
Yes. Ruan is simply not international standard. He should be sent home immediately