You will love this

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: You will love this

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:He reminds me of Carl from Shameless. Why does the England rugby team seem to be a breeding ground for talented but arrogant, bad-tempered players? E.g Farrell, B. Vunipola, M Brown, Lawes etc.
I would say the school system

However there are now 2 school systems at play

1. The toff public school boy bully ground that bred Haskell, Robshaw, Youngs etc.

2. The gangland that bred Farrell, BFB, Lawes etc.

2 opposing ideologies that essentially create the same Warren Gatland
Thon Harrow's a rough grip right enough.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:He reminds me of Carl from Shameless. Why does the England rugby team seem to be a breeding ground for talented but arrogant, bad-tempered players? E.g Farrell, B. Vunipola, M Brown, Lawes etc.

1. The toff public school boy bully ground that bred Haskell, Robshaw, Youngs etc.

Merv, when did Russ ever let facts infiltrate his musings?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

Merv, when did Russ ever let facts infiltrate his musings?
There was that time he said all Munsterfans were mad...
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Rooster wrote:Don't give a feck about Brown's interview, he is probably the best full back in the tournament
Better than Falou and Smith?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

No
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Better than le roux?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:Better than le roux?
Danny?

Probably ........... just!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Danny?

Maybe that's why no-one tackles him?

That and his graceful shimmy.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Danny?

>appl >appl >appl

Now Grumps, I don't often say this .............that was genuinely funny. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Have just read this thread after watching the clip. I don't much like his attitude on the pitch but I would have him on the Irish team in a heartbeat.
I don't think the English players are any more arrogant than any other group and I think Lancaster is a modest man in victory or defeat.
My problems, as usual, are the English media, their commentators and so-called experts, who are insufferably arrogant when they are winning and never hesitate to put the boot in when they lose.
I thought Brown was mistaken to do the interview, as Shan says. He must have expected those questions and I thought he simply showed that he was totally devastated - a trait I would like to see more of in the Irish players. We show too much of the attitude that was encapsulated in a speech by the Irish captain about 40 years ago, at the dinner after Ireland had beaten England unexpectedly (as it always was then) and England had won the wooden spoon.
"The difference between us is that the state of English rugby is serious but nor hopeless, whereas Irish rugby is hopeless but not serious." We still have a bit of that in us, I think.
And, for the record, I will be happy for any NH team that wins the RWC over any SH team - with the exception of Wales.
For me, the difference between England and Wales is that the English normally are good losers and good (not triumphalist) winners, while the Welsh are both whining losers and hateful, gloating. winners, a trait Gatland seems to have absorbed.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The welsh are worse
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Spot on Rocky.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Spot on Russ.
Fixed that one for you comrade shan
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rocky wrote:Have just read this thread after watching the clip. I don't much like his attitude on the pitch but I would have him on the Irish team in a heartbeat.
I don't think the English players are any more arrogant than any other group and I think Lancaster is a modest man in victory or defeat.
My problems, as usual, are the English media, their commentators and so-called experts, who are insufferably arrogant when they are winning and never hesitate to put the boot in when they lose.
I thought Brown was mistaken to do the interview, as Shan says. He must have expected those questions and I thought he simply showed that he was totally devastated - a trait I would like to see more of in the Irish players. We show too much of the attitude that was encapsulated in a speech by the Irish captain about 40 years ago, at the dinner after Ireland had beaten England unexpectedly (as it always was then) and England had won the wooden spoon.
"The difference between us is that the state of English rugby is serious but nor hopeless, whereas Irish rugby is hopeless but not serious." We still have a bit of that in us, I think.
And, for the record, I will be happy for any NH team that wins the RWC over any SH team - with the exception of Wales.
For me, the difference between England and Wales is that the English normally are good losers and good (not triumphalist) winners, while the Welsh are both whining losers and hateful, gloating. winners, a trait Gatland seems to have absorbed.
Yes. He has much to be modest about.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Have just read this thread after watching the clip. I don't much like his attitude on the pitch but I would have him on the Irish team in a heartbeat.

Rocky lots of good sense in there, particularly that about the media & Welsh inability to greet the twin imposters with equal grace, however the fact is that the English are a shower of arrogant ballixes, despite the efforts of Lancaster to inject a degree of humility under his regime.

I always suggest to people when asking themselves how they feel about the English, to remember the sight of Billy Vunibastard at Spanners on 5th April 2014, Day of Infamy. Remember him gloating at the Ulster fans, in their faces on the terrace touchline, a massively arrogant display of the general lack of class that Saracens in particular possess. To this day I would happily shake the hand of the person who wasted the tail end of their pint showering the hateful swine.

However, on Lancaster, before he is canonised let me also add that he is not quite the all-round good chap that some would have you believe:

Crime1: It was, we are told, Lancaster's own idea to incorporate the Victory Cross design into the English kit. I may be in a very small minority but I find that particular piece of arrogance, not only offensive to every other nationality who fought for the Armed Forces but symptomatic of what is generally held as "English Arrogance". By head of population, VCs awarded to Irishmen far outstrip those "earned" by Englishmen, yet imagine the outrage should Ireland lay claim to the VC in a sporting kit.

Crime2: Am I alone in recalling Lancaster in his post-Wales interview, distancing himself from the decision to kick for touch and furthermore distancing himself from the substitute issue saying it was the GPS techies who advised on subs required. Manthefuckup Lancaster. It all seemed to say "Anybodies fault but mine". No mate, those may have played a part but who selected Farrell, Burgess & Barritt at 10,12,13 & what idiot thinks crying YBY could feature on a RWC winning team?

I'm considerably better disposed to the Welsh & frankly you should all know I've no problem with being in a minority, largely on the advice of that nice Mr Gandhi.

I have not enjoyed the crowing over Brown's interview by the horrid little Welshmen on Scrum V and elsewhere, however Brown simply should not have done the interview. I cannot imagine he would have faced any significant sanction had he said "sorry boys I can't face it".

Having said he would do it/having done it he exposed himself to 100 shades of ridicule by his churlish spoilt brat behaviour. If you agree to be interviewed irrespective of the circumstances, you really ought to behave reasonably and not look like an obnoxious stupidly arrogant & massively petulant English twatbag. Something many of them should have a go at copyrighting.