Fibber Joe Must go

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Fibber Joe Must go

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I can save you all this time and effort by suggesting McCloskey and Henshaw should be Irelands future centre pairing.
If you want a play maker at 12, McCloskey is not your man. Olding may well be.
You only need a second playmaker

There's a great one can play 15 but thinks he is a 13 floating round
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

On the subject of Cave, I have never said he should be selected for Ireland, that I can remember.

What I do wish for him is that he was given a chance. "Given a chance" is not playing at 13 one week and 12 the next against Argentina B for Ireland A. It is not playing a Wednesday game against an out of seasons Babas in Limerick, neither is it getting 80 minutes against dung in the RWC only for two of Ireland's most self-centred players to press their own claims at the expense of the rest of the team.

I don't expect he will ever "be given a chance" by FibberJose, but thems the breaks. What I know as absolute fact is that Ulster's backline works better with him at 13 rather than Payne, though I understand he has no issue playing with Payne as a partnership.

The guarantee you get with FibberJose is that he has players, such as Payne, who he relies upon to do the job he is given and in Payne's case it is a pretty narrow role based on being solid but rather definitely unspectacular. Payne does it well, within the narrow confines of what Fibber wants. BOD he is not.

Kearney Major will play full back, it is written in stone, the cold hard stone that is FibberJose's Kiwi heart. Ireland have so many positions where there is no question of the selection assuming the player us fit. It is a weakness that FibberJose, the latest failed Irish RWC coach, turns into a strength as the chosen ones give their fealty to the great coach.

Can there really be anyone in the country - apart from you lot barring maybe one, two at a stretch, who doesn't realise that Henshaw is by a distance the best 13 in the country and though making a good fist of 12, is actually being wasted. I have accused Fibber of being a dodgy selector so many times but the partnership that he admits is "manufactured" is wasting the natural talents of both players.

There, suck on that one yis biys yis. :D

Bob Kearney has had a decent Ireland career but in my opinion he is not the best 15 in Ireland, I'd take Payne any day of every week, Kearney though is one of Fibber's most loyal lieutenants and it would need a massive crowbar and hefty block and tackle to shift him.

Mexicana, eh? Feckers, ruining the bloody country.

Och, sure whilst I'm at it, I find FibberJoses search for the Swiss Army Knife of international players really poor judgement and it led to him playing square pegs in round holes e.g. Keet in the centre.

Great coach, average selector. I heard Sir Cliff Woodentop saying today the most important thing about the coach's job is selection. I think he's right.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

McCloskey is not a playmaker. In fact, some would even say he would make a good back rower... :duck:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

By the way, has anyone ever seen Daniel O'Donnell and Jeffrey Donaldson in the same room? :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Just read a little report in the Indo that Rob Kearney had a nice little break with his girlfriend in Dubai after his "heroics" (sic) in the RWC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:By the way, has anyone ever seen Daniel O'Donnell and Jeffrey Donaldson in the same room? :shock:
You wouldn't get them to share a room Baggy.

I mean, it's not as if either of them are gay or anything.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:By the way, has anyone ever seen Daniel O'Donnell and Jeffrey Donaldson in the same room? :shock:

:shock: >dance >dance >dance
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

There's a lot of Irish players floating about Dubai, or were floating would be the correct tense, most will be back in the Emerald Isle today I believe.

Very true BT, on the money and I am in full agreement.

I am hoping, not expecting, to see some change in the Irish side full stop come the 6N. I hope, again not necessarily expect, that we will not try for another 6N by flogging the same old selection e.g. Ross. For the record I am an admirer of what he has managed in the last four to five years but he is done.

Being aware of the injuries I would sincerely love to see how something like the following taking to the pitch come the 6N.

1-McGrath/Healy(form depending), 2-Best, 3-Furlong, 4-Toner, 5-Ryan, 6-Henderson, 7-O'Brien, 8-Murphy, 9-Murray, 10-Sexton, 11-Earls, 12-Cave/Henshaw, 13-Henshaw/Payne, 14-Trimble, 15-Payne/Zebo

Cronin, Healy/McGrath, Moore, Tuohy, Henry, Marmion, Quiff/Jackson, Fitzgerald/Zebo

If I never see a Kearney in an Irish jersey again I wouldn't lose sleep.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Spiffsson wrote:Just read a little report in the Indo that Rob Kearney had a nice little break with his girlfriend in Dubai after his "heroics" (sic) in the RWC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet SOB wishes he went too.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Just read a little report in the Indo that Rob Kearney had a nice little break with his girlfriend in Dubai after his "heroics" (sic) in the RWC. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I bet SOB wishes he went too.
Is he not still pishing in some girls bin?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

:shock: >dance >dance >dance

WTF have I started?

Oh aye, hard to beat a bit of Laura I always say..... in public >EW Has anyone ever seen Laura Ashley and Laura's Bush in the same room?

That apart, your open admiration of my perfect good sense and perspicacity is almost humbling, for, like the Ulster A team, I do it "for the fans". :shock:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:

Either of them *is* gay, Mervyn.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

So it is only the wan of them then? >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Hoisted with me own whatchamacallit there :roll:
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Hoisted with me own whatchamacallit there :roll:
The thingummy is "petard" merv, a primitive explosive device that would often explode in yer own face. Interesting because the term is based on an early French word for fart.