The St Ruan of Pienaar 3rd place match

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: The St Ruan of Pienaar 3rd place match

Post by Joe Schmo »

Well if that was Ruan not playing very well, I'll take him every time over scattergun p. I don't understand some people, no one was saying the Saint was the best in the world but watching him play after having watched p at Thomond the gulf in class was evident. I'd take a jaded Saint over any 9 we've had in the last .......I don't know how far do I have to go back to a better 9?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:Well if that was Ruan not playing very well, I'll take him every time over scattergun p. I don't understand some people, no one was saying the Saint was the best in the world but watching him play after having watched p at Thomond the gulf in class was evident. I'd take a jaded Saint over any 9 we've had in the last .......I don't know how far do I have to go back to a better 9?
Colin Patterson.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Well if that was Ruan not playing very well, I'll take him every time over scattergun p. I don't understand some people, no one was saying the Saint was the best in the world but watching him play after having watched p at Thomond the gulf in class was evident. I'd take a jaded Saint over any 9 we've had in the last .......I don't know how far do I have to go back to a better 9?
Colin Patterson.
thats quite a while, my dad used to talk about him.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Colin Patterson.
thats quite a while, my dad used to talk about him.
He married the sister of a friend of mine - didn't last. Colin is the last great Ulster-born scrum half, he was outstanding for such a wee man. A bit like wee-p but with brains and a pass, which makes him not very much like wee-p but you may or may not get my drift.

He's a legal eagle and if I could be said to have a brief, Colin is it. :thumleft:

As for Ruan, I don't contend he is the best 9 in the world, but I'd struggle to name 3 or 4 better when he is fresh and on form. He's right up there.

As always when Ulster 9s are mentioned I think of Andy Matchett and think that given some of the balloons with Ireland caps past and present, he's unlucky not to be amongst them. Some absolute onions were capped especially in the dark days before Peter Stringer.

If Munster have no use for him after his short contract I'd jump at Tomas O'Leary, I've seen him a few times now and he looks pretty sharp.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:Baggy knows well that I have man love for Ruan. He equally knows that I have questioned the constant demands of playing club rugby in the NH and international rugby in the SH. By his own standards he has not been at his best for about a season. I don't see it as heresy or stupidity to recognise that. Call it jaded or rusty or whatever you like he didn't have a great game last night IMO. You can call it a lucky word but it wasn't lucky - I chose it deliberately. :lol:

Pulling your leg pal, your biggest ... scrub that..... your only mistake was agreeing with a man talking ballix to a greater or lesser extent.

You also know my immense respect for Ruan, to find a man who as the week has progressed is apparently lost his fecking reason as Jizzbeg clearly has - I mean the number of times I've jumped in and given him a bye ball when some of our dearest friends have called him a dickhead - badmouthing him in stupid terms is really too much for me to tolerate.

Ruan is clearly in need of playing less rugby but I for one can't wait to see the difference it makes to Ulster's backline in particular and game in general when he returns, hopefully next week, if only from the bench.
Firstly Bagster I think its you I have received the most abuse from.
Secondly its only the internet which puts it a stage down from school playground.
If `Dirty Shirt` from the computer thinks I am a dickhead because I differ in opinion it counts for nothing as I have never met the person and don`t know their credentials.

Please don`t make the mistake in thinking any abuse upsets me in any way
Heck I will even admit to enjoying it.
I`ve had a lot worse from a lot worse.

Further to that RP is not playing as well as he was.
Any fool can see that whether they want to kiss your ar3e for fear of a verbal bashing which you do excel at I will give you that.
Over the internet of course.

However of course he will make a difference to our backs because even he at his worst will be 10 times better than what we have.
Again any fool knows that.

However I do love taking you to task over anyone else because I know it upsets you and thats when you are at your best.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Good.
:thumleft:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Well that was a disappointing ending.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
ruckover wrote:Well that was a disappointing ending.
Not really. They only argue so they can make up afterwards. :lol:
Feck off you. :lol:
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Here - Bagster and Bazz appear to be getting friendly!
What's this place coming to?
Can I have my money back please.
Or is this just the "phoney truce"? Are these bais holding something back up the sleeve?