6 Nations 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6 Nations 2016

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:Thought Ratboy's blatant simulation after the "tip tackle" was an absolute disgrace. I believe a yellow card is the recommended sanction there.

Totally overlooked by BOD and the lads in the studio when they reviewed the incident.
+1
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Most of you have a better view than me as I was up in the gods in the east stand and miss all the tv analysis and close ups.

Our back row was superb. Hard to know how SOB will get back in.
White not up to it. Toner had a superb day in the lineout.
Murray very good and physical.
Sexton surprised me - he kicked well, ran well, took penalties well, but he does take punishment.
Centres were excellent but would prefer Payne at full back rather than the clown Zebo, He really kicked some awful ball to the Welsh. Wingers fine. Defensive organisation superb. Do we need Andy Farrell?
Considering Wales were massive favourites it was a good day at the office for Joe.

Agreed, but "the clown Zebo"? Be careful D4, the Saint Simon Zebo Worldwide Fan Klub >threaten will kick yer door in.He's The Coming Man ye know and shows a lot of "intent", IHump style. :stir:
If the fan club are anything like the great man himself they'll probably miss the door when attempting to kick it in.....
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Once a Knight wrote:
solidarity wrote:After three games none of the teams look up to much. Nothing much going forward from any of them. Defences look good so, if the weather doesn't pick up, this could be the most seriously turgid 6 Nations.
Och it'll be grand.....so.
I'm not holding my breath. The best we can hope for is Irish games that are rubbish but, because they're 'us', if they are tight we've something to get excited about. We'll be bored to tears by all the rest.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I expect most games to be close and if that is true then most fans will go home with an adrenalin rush not worrying that the rugby had little to recommend it .

The thing about Zebo because he runs with a ball at pace and has good yardage the fact he ffs up frequently gets overlooked that much of what he does is meaningless because he fails to link and if he does he forgets then to support.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:I expect most games to be close and if that is true then most fans will go home with an adrenalin rush not worrying that the rugby had little to recommend it .

The thing about Zebo because he runs with a ball at pace and has good yardage the fact he ffs up frequently gets overlooked that much of what he does is meaningless because he fails to link and if he does he forgets then to support.

That's why he is a good replacement for Kearney.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

He is no replacement to Kearney . Kearney at least knows how to position himself in Defence .

Like where the Hell was Zebo when Trimble had to run back when the ball was kicked past him by his opposite number .

Was it any wonder that the first serious attack across the field was aimed at the Earls and Zebo defended wing and Earls had to tackle back to save the try .

Both defend by coming from behind rather than Channel the player out .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I stand over my appellation for Zebo.
He runs but he doesn't know where he is running and where his support is.
He kicks aimlessly into the opposition 22 giving them a free shot for field position.

He may be acceptable as a winger but has no place as a full back. Kearney is not the player he once was at the time of the grand slam but he is a genuine full back.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dublin4 wrote:I stand over my appellation for Zebo.
He runs but he doesn't know where he is running and where his support is.
He kicks aimlessly into the opposition 22 giving them a free shot for field position.

He may be acceptable as a winger but has no place as a full back. Kearney is not the player he once was at the time of the grand slam but he is a genuine full back.
I don't think many expected Zebo to be selected and he wouldn't have been if Kearney was not injured. I wouldn't select him on the wing either. Trimble is losing his pace noticeably and yet he is still at least twice the player Zebo is. Earls is clearly the best available winger and is in a different league. D.Kearney is next in line behind Trimble. Even if any of them got injured I'd be taking a look around Ulster and Connacht to avoid selecting him.

I wouldn't select Kearney either. He is a full back certainly but hasn't played decently for almost 2 years. Payne and Henshaw make more sense at 15. Joe can't countenance Payne anywhere but 13. Fine. Then Henshaw should go to 15 and you could bring in McCloskey or Marshall at 12.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Daily Telegraph slating Payne at 13 today. Saying not International Standard there but is at 15

People are noticing. Will Joe?
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Russ wrote:Daily Telegraph slating Payne at 13 today. Saying not International Standard there but is at 15

The same telegraph that rated both Payne and Zebo as 7/10 in their online player ratings, stating that Payne justified Schmidt's faith in him at 13?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Colin0395 wrote:
Russ wrote:Daily Telegraph slating Payne at 13 today. Saying not International Standard there but is at 15

The same telegraph that rated both Payne and Zebo as 7/10 in their online player ratings, stating that Payne justified Schmidt's faith in him at 13?

I have not read that article
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Russ wrote:
Colin0395 wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tings.html

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Colin0395 wrote:
Russ wrote:
Colin0395 wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tings.html

James Corrigan should stick to golf
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The newspaper player ratings is gas stuff really. Here in this one ya have Zebo getting 8 while White get 6. Zebo really should be 5 or maybe 6 at a push while White should be 4 at most.

They also have Stander on 9. Now I can understand Donal Lenihan giving him MOTM even though I didn't agree with it but how can a guy who cannot retain possession in the tackle get 9/10? Heaslip should have been 9 and Stander 8. Heaslip was the best player on the pitch.

http://www.the42.ie/ireland-player-rati ... 2-Feb2016/
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Agreed - after Sexton of course.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!