RTE Loses 6 Nations

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RTE Loses 6 Nations

Post by Shan »

Not that concerned. I watched all the RWC on TV3 and it was fine.

The only thing that was bloody annoying was the amount of commercial breaks.....and especially the one between the anthems and kick-off. I'd prefer they had the break during the anthems and then be back in plenty of time before kick-off, rather than 5 seconds before it.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Not that concerned. I watched all the RWC on TV3 and it was fine.

The only thing that was bloody annoying was the amount of commercial breaks.....and especially the one between the anthems and kick-off. I'd prefer they had the break during the anthems and then be back in plenty of time before kick-off, rather than 5 seconds before it.
Don't worry on 2 accounts

1. Itv had it too
2. Was worse in the stadia
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I must admit to enjoying RTE coverage of the 6 Nation with the exception of that chube McGurk. Like Shan, I too watched the RWC on TV3. Vast improvement on the drivel provided by ITV.. We shall just have to wait and see how good their coverage will be.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

mid ulster maestro wrote:I must admit to enjoying RTE coverage of the 6 Nation with the exception of that chube McGurk. Like Shan, I too watched the RWC on TV3. Vast improvement on the drivel provided by ITV.. We shall just have to wait and see how good their coverage will be.
Spot on about McGurk MUM. He is gone now thank feck so at least we get 2 years of 6n on RTE without him.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Bar the last day of the 6 nations last season and our grand slam I can't actually recall too many 6 nations games worth watching anyway
I call it the 6 nations but I should be using its new title of the 5th placed playoffs.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Once a Knight wrote:
Rooster wrote:You need a different box to decode the Mexican signals but most aerials will pick it up
The box speaks Spanish? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sí y varios otros idiomas, libre para tomar un café algún tiempo.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:You need a different box to decode the Mexican signals but most aerials will pick it up
Ah it's ok, in my disgust I missed 2018 as the day of doom. Sure I'll be long gone by then.... one way or the other. >EW

Anyone tell me what an aerial is, I vaguely remember but can't be sure?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ah it's ok, in my disgust I missed 2018 as the day of doom. Sure I'll be long gone by then.... one way or the other. >EW

A transducer that transmits or receives electromagnetic waves, you have been helped.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

You probably hung your suits on one, back in the day when you working for the man.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
The box speaks Spanish? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sí y varios otros idiomas, libre para tomar un café algún tiempo.
Si de hecho , por ejemplo, de Alemania y, por supuesto , Italiano. Su español es excelente, lo aprendiste en la escuela o usted tal vez vive en maravillosa Granada por un tiempo? Madrid?

Kofi , BR , ciertamente han ayudado. Gracias.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.