Six Nations week 2

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Six Nations week 2

Post by justinr73 »

Getting a lot of people into a stadium that does not serve beer in time for kick off, in times of supposedly heightened security measures, was never going to work.

And didn't.

I made it, having resorted to a sprint up the steps, Rocky-style, but spent the next 80 minutes wondering why I'd bothered!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Going to guess IKON :stir:
It's not actually

It's IRFU Internal - the guys who threaten Journos with reduced access if they don't print press releases
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

justinr73 wrote:I made it, having resorted to a sprint up the steps, Rocky-style, but spent the next 80 minutes wondering why I'd bothered!
Don't normally bother here, but couldn't let that wee gem pass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It's called poetic licence - OK ? :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:I feel like too much is being made of McCloskey's performance on Friday night. By my reckoning that was his first poor performance of the season, an exception to the rule in my opinion. To suddenly write him off as unready for international rugby on that one performance is ludicrous given how he's played in every other game so far this year.
Nobody with a titter of wit is basing their assessment of McCloskey on Friday night. I've been saying for weeks that he's not ready yet. The guy is on a learning curve and one average performance in a team he hadn't trained with all week is a complete irrelevance.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

brianc wrote:
justinr73 wrote:I made it, having resorted to a sprint up the steps, Rocky-style, but spent the next 80 minutes wondering why I'd bothered!
Don't normally bother here, but couldn't let that wee gem pass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll have you know that I have indeed undertaken that very sprint up the steps at SdF - there must be about a thousand of them. To be fair, that was the year when Wardy made his debut and we were in the lead until the 76th minute, then lost to a try by Ibanez. Actually, not unlike yesterday :duh:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Oh how I love Mike Brown. A lovely man. Arguing with the ref at half-time.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

brianc wrote:
Aye, our Rocky is currently limited to a swift hobble. Still, unlike Barbara, Rocky will get better. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Re rum and wet ball the point was the first comment made by Keith Wood at half time yesterday

I await the moron who says Keith Wood knows nothing about rugby

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Re rum and wet ball the point was the first comment made by Keith Wood at half time yesterday

I await the moron who says Keith Wood knows nothing about rugby

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Well he said Rory was not good enough to be Irish hooker never mind be captain so I would say he is not much of a judge of another player or else he is biased.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Deraless wrote:Oh how I love Mike Brown. A lovely man. Arguing with the ref at half-time.
He had a point Jackson called advantage over he then awarded another penalty when the play broke down he failed to go back to the infringement
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Joe's biggest problem is getting a decent THP for Twickenham.
Our scrum has cost us 2 wins we should have picked up, even with all the other injuries.

The two week turnaround is a big help.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Joe's biggest problem is getting a decent THP for Twickenham.
Our scrum has cost us 2 wins we should have picked up, even with all the other injuries.

Funny how a S15 winning prop appears to be getting the brunt

As a prop expert White is doing a great job. It's his lack of support from mcCarthy and Toner that's a big problem
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Well we can be thankful that Joe won't be looking to us for a LH to throw to dogs as a TH again.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

It's not just the scrum. Overall we look like a jaded team, short of pace and skill and with limited ambition.