Madigan

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Madigan

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Thing is they are seriously fecked up down there anyway, sure they even have a minister in charge of the 1916 celebrations who is a Presbyterian.
Burn him. :D

Tis funny though - If ya want to know someone's religion ask someone from NI. Are you guys born with this talent or do youse have to work at it? :lol:
It's not hard Shan, Fenian's eyes are too close together .............ah shyte, maybe that's the Orange Basturds. Something like that anyway and if in doubt throw in a casual ould "ah, where do you live? And what school did you go to?" "Ah right yer a jaffa".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The auld black bake is usually a giveaway for the burning bush mob, of course we're talking 1798 here, rather than thon new fangled 1916 failed rebellion >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Thing is they are seriously fecked up down there anyway, sure they even have a minister in charge of the 1916 celebrations who is a Presbyterian.
Burn him. :D

Tis funny though - If ya want to know someone's religion ask someone from NI. Are you guys born with this talent or do youse have to work at it? :lol:
It's not hard Shan, Fenian's eyes are too close together .............ah shyte, maybe that's the Orange Basturds. Something like that anyway and if in doubt throw in a casual ould "ah, where do you live? And what school did you go to?" "Ah right yer a jaffa".
Naw, naw Bags - the tops of the ears are lower than a line drawn between the eyes.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

On the subject of Wee Mads and Rugby : There was great clamour made over he past couple of seasons by the Mexican faithful that Quiffy was being unfairly kept out of the 10 shirt and his career was being stifled by the selection of Jimmy Gopperth at fly half. I have watched Gopperth play for Wasps several times this season. He is a vastly superior FH to Quiffy in all aspects of play (except possibly goal kicking, and he's not bad at that either.) I'm not sure he was that far ahead of him in Dublin, but he is now. So maybe the coach was not such an eejit after all. Quiffy has not advanced at all this season.

BTW that Wasps backline has pace and skills to burn with the Piutau brothers, Wade, Daly and Halai. They are playing great stuff.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Spiffsson wrote:On the subject of Wee Mads and Rugby : There was great clamour made over he past couple of seasons by the Mexican faithful that Quiffy was being unfairly kept out of the 10 shirt and his career was being stifled by the selection of Jimmy Gopperth at fly half. I have watched Gopperth play for Wasps several times this season. He is a vastly superior FH to Quiffy in all aspects of play (except possibly goal kicking, and he's not bad at that either.) I'm not sure he was that far ahead of him in Dublin, but he is now. So maybe the coach was not such an eejit after all. Quiffy has not advanced at all this season.

BTW that Wasps backline has pace and skills to burn with the Piutau brothers, Wade, Daly and Halai. They are playing great stuff.
Had quiffless been deemed good enough to be trusted to run games, would Goperth have been brought in by Leinster in the first place? I think not.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

1916 would have a damp squib had the Government of the day kept its head and locked them up for the duration .

But no an OTT execution after a court martial served to make Heroes of them .

And the Irish have a love of dead heroes .

Whether it is taught in school or not is really not a valid point
Because like most history teachers can influence how it is perceived by the student .

There are so many books on the subject some a good balanced histories and many are not .

For an examination question 1916 has that wonderful gift where there is no correct answer because the answer depends on which side of the line you look at it .

From a SF view point it is seen as the birth of the nation and
nationalism which denies 1798 and other minor revolts and from a Brit point of view it was an act of Treason in time of war .

It also brought with a load of pointless baggage alien to 70 % of the population in various ways .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shinnerboots was all action on saturday
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

rumncoke wrote:1916 would have a damp squib had the Government of the day kept its head and locked them up for the duration .

Because like most history teachers can influence how it is perceived by the student .

There are so many books on the subject some a good balanced histories and many are not .

For an examination question 1916 has that wonderful gift where there is no correct answer because the answer depends on which side of the line you look at it .

nationalism which denies 1798 and other minor revolts and from a Brit point of view it was an act of Treason in time of war .

It also brought with a load of pointless baggage alien to 70 % of the population in various ways .

a very good post Rum.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:Shinnerboots was all action on saturday
He was playing fresh against a bunch of knackered Italian reserves who were already well humped.
A headless chicken is also all action.
Also, since he only ever seems to play 10 from the bench, his so-called versatility means nothing.
But I am admittedly biased, and want to see Jackson get a run.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:1916 would have a damp squib had the Government of the day kept its head and locked them up for the duration .

Rum the government of the day was at the helm of the largest empire the world had ever seen. Obtained through genocide, atrocitya and unspeakable cruelty.... Killing a few troublesome paddies was nothing really.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Madigan

Post by rumncoke »

Dave the paddies as you call them were also part of the government and a large portion of the army carrying out the deeds you complain about .

The only thing unique about the paddies they deny their part in it and think they were the people to suffer from the social attitudes of the times, absentee landlords , clearances ,the poor house etc .

The poor were treated the same were ever dispersed throughout the nation .

Unfortunately the Irish made a reputation for themselves where ever they went .

" No Irish " was not unique to GB but was a common sign in America and Canada and elsewhere .

But has little to do with Madigan playing for Ireland Other than the fact that your attitude to history can be formed by how you are taught or the related experiences of family and friends .

Once sat at a table of 8 to 10 friends during the early 70 s and everyone at the table knew at least one person who had been killed or injured .
If you can't forgive it's best to forget
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Dave the paddies as you call them were also part of the government and a large portion of the army carrying out the deeds you complain about .

The only thing unique about the paddies they deny their part in it and think they were the people to suffer from the social attitudes of the times, absentee landlords , clearances ,the poor house etc .

The poor were treated the same were ever dispersed throughout the nation .

Unfortunately the Irish made a reputation for themselves where ever they went .

" No Irish " was not unique to GB but was a common sign in America and Canada and elsewhere .

But has little to do with Madigan playing for Ireland Other than the fact that your attitude to history can be formed by how you are taught or the related experiences of family and friends .

Once sat at a table of 8 to 10 friends during the early 70 s and everyone at the table knew at least one person who had been killed or injured .
If you can't forgive it's best to forget
+1 rumn
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shan is this true?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/colum ... 98803.html

If so shame , shame on the Irish governments, for hiding the truth.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:Shan is this true?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/colum ... 98803.html

If so shame , shame on the Irish governments, for hiding the truth.
Kofi - Myárse tends to over-dramatise things and he even admits he is pushing this again because of his narcissism so he has to be treated with caution but there is certainly some truth in what he says. Not something for anybody to be proud of but many acts carried out in Ireland over the last 100 years or so wouldn't be. The Irish Govts are much the same as other Govts. If both the Irish and British Govts were to disclose all the dastardly deeds carried out over the last 100 years in Ireland(32 counties), many ordered and / or executed by the state, we'd be here for a few years taking it in.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Genocide