Madigan

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Madigan

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Genocide
Grow up or read this which will explain what genocide is.

http://combatgenocide.org/?page_id=146
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:

I just said a word
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote: I just said a word
For no reason I guess. As said, grow up.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote: I just said a word
For no reason I guess. As said, grow up.
Touchy today

I wonder what wee mads thinks of the whole ordeal
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Dave the paddies as you call them were also part of the government and a large portion of the army carrying out the deeds you complain about .

The only thing unique about the paddies they deny their part in it and think they were the people to suffer from the social attitudes of the times, absentee landlords , clearances ,the poor house etc .

The poor were treated the same were ever dispersed throughout the nation .

Unfortunately the Irish made a reputation for themselves where ever they went .

" No Irish " was not unique to GB but was a common sign in America and Canada and elsewhere .

But has little to do with Madigan playing for Ireland Other than the fact that your attitude to history can be formed by how you are taught or the related experiences of family and friends .

Once sat at a table of 8 to 10 friends during the early 70 s and everyone at the table knew at least one person who had been killed or injured .
If you can't forgive it's best to forget
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
+1 rumn
Rum, signs also said things like "no blacks", but whatever you do, do not question the sign makers. If someone has gone to the bother of making a sign then they are no doubt absolutely correct. Never mind the fact that the Irish were destitute and impoverished arriving in these places. How do you explain the murderous behaviour of the british as they were neither?

Maybe the irish should have held up a sign up saying "go away brits and do not steal our land". They may have given up saying 'they have gone to the bother of making a sign, ffs, lets go home.'
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Dave the paddies as you call them were also part of the government and a large portion of the army carrying out the deeds you complain about .

The only thing unique about the paddies they deny their part in it and think they were the people to suffer from the social attitudes of the times, absentee landlords , clearances ,the poor house etc .

The poor were treated the same were ever dispersed throughout the nation .

Unfortunately the Irish made a reputation for themselves where ever they went .

" No Irish " was not unique to GB but was a common sign in America and Canada and elsewhere .

But has little to do with Madigan playing for Ireland Other than the fact that your attitude to history can be formed by how you are taught or the related experiences of family and friends .

Once sat at a table of 8 to 10 friends during the early 70 s and everyone at the table knew at least one person who had been killed or injured .
If you can't forgive it's best to forget
+1 rumn
Rum, signs also said things like "no blacks", but whatever you do, do not question the sign makers. If someone has gone to the bother of making a sign then they are no doubt absolutely correct. Never mind the fact that the Irish were destitute and impoverished arriving in these places. How do you explain the murderous behaviour of the british as they were neither?

Maybe the irish should have held up a sign up saying "go away brits and do not steal our land". They may have given up saying 'they have gone to the bother of making a sign, ffs, lets go home.'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes Dave a shrewd idea, known to have working in precisely no countries in the ould empire.

However, as for Rum'n's "Once sat at a table of 8 to 10 friends during the early 70 s and everyone at the table knew at least one person who had been killed or injured . If you can't forgive it's best to forget" , I knew two people pretty well, 2 lads from the same neck of Dundonald as me, who were killed, both shot.

For all that I can empathise with families of victims, I wish that they could understand that many thousands of investigations and calls for public enquiries are neither practical or, from my cosy corner, desireable, if this shithole is ever to progress.

Therefore for that part of Rum's post , I say "wise words", albeit easier said than done.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I knew Dermot Nesbitt
promenader
Novice

Post by promenader »

Russ wrote:I knew Dermot Nesbitt
When his football was a can?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The problem with a sign " go away Brits " being made in Ireland forgets one fact
In 1916 the Irish were Brits !!
By the Act of Union and the Irish MPs in Westminister .

Britain consisted of four countries under one Crown and one Parliament .

With one failing economically and politically three were dominated by one which has been resented by the three for centuries .

The fact is that Britain was the first " Common Market "
But unlike the Common Market it is Democratic and the parliament has it's moments of success as well as failings

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Way to go rumn
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Getting back to rugby matters, was there a sign anywhere saying "No Gypsy boys"?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shan wrote:

Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:

Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.
Don't feed the troll Kofi
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:

I assume the Great Oliver Cromwells forays in Wexford and Cork etc were just misunderstandings.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:

I assume the Great Oliver Cromwells forays in Wexford and Cork etc were just misunderstandings.
The Irish look very good throughoit history

Must have a good PR team