Six Nations Week 3

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ohhhh harsh Joe
aye sorry you're right, that's a step too far.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You almosr sounded like Eddie Jones there.... Joe
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Six Nations Week 3

Post by Joe Schmo »

Shan wrote:
As I said earlier Brown looks like a football hooligan. Now he is acting like one. He is a thug. He should be banned from the game. Accidental my ballix.
Exactly, you know full well when you clip some one on the head with your boot, he did it repeatedly. Pure sc@m
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ant and Dec are up next, maybe they'll be a bit more interesting
No, it's really not.

Wee Girly loves it too, pure torture Image
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

postby Spiffsson » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Was McCloskey injured? Or was it a tactical substitution? He had a couple of impressive runs in the second half.
Henshaw looked a tad short of pace today.
We had three clean line breaks today. Henshaw made 2 of them for 20+ metres each time, I hope you're not just going off the ITV commentator saying Stu made a few impressive runs? The commentator kept getting him and Henshaw mixed up.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

fuzzylogic wrote:
postby Spiffsson » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Was McCloskey injured? Or was it a tactical substitution? He had a couple of impressive runs in the second half.
We had three clean line breaks today. Henshaw made 2 of them for 20+ metres each time, I hope you're not just going off the ITV commentator saying Stu made a few impressive runs? The commentator kept getting him and Henshaw mixed up.
aye sure all us bogmen look the same in green.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Irish Rugby Bakebook contributors laying the blame for the loss squarely at the toes of Mike Brown, if he'd been red carded we'd have won the game apparently.

Need to stay away from stupid people on Bakebook for the next few hours.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Surprised there arent 14 different threads on the URSC Bakebook page discussing the same issues. They like to do that I've noticed.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Feck sake robbed a cert of a try!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What the actual feck by brown?

Dancing all over Murray's head?

Totally wreckless!!!!!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:We did well enough there. Not much to complain about. We were beaten by a better team.

Main positives were the new boys who did well. Dillane looks like a future class act in an area of weakness for us so that is really the biggest positive.

As I said earlier Brown looks like a football hooligan. Now he is acting like one. He is a thug. He should be banned from the game. Accidental my ballix.
There just has too be a citing and the TMO is a disgrace, what about a players duty of care? Accidental is irrelevant, kicking a player repeatedly in the head is what transpired, you are not permitted to flail about with your foot with the vicinity of a player's head..... unless of course the ref is Poite & the TMO Shaun Veldsman.

We learned today that Comrade Poite was a police detective, no wonder he changed job, much as he was fine in most respects he misses a fair bit, asked the wrong question when VDF undoubtedly scored and even on the large screen had no problem with Brown kicking Murray's face a minimum of twice, probably three times. I doubt he could detect the end of his c0ck using both hands.

Veldsman was stabbed a year ago just before he was due to officiate as TMO for the 6Ns match between the same teams in Feb 2015. I now wonder was he stabbed by a far sighted Paddy. :duh:

In a game where ref & TMO got most things right, though not everything, that was outrageous.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Always thought Brown looked like Carl from Shameless. He was a kn0b too.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Joe's mask is starting to slip.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
As the Martin Peters of this forum, I did tell you all very very many months ago. :lol:

However in fairness to MexicanJose, who I contend to be a fackin' poorish selector, wedded to too many players for too long, he does get a lot out of a little on the pitch. I expected a real horsing on the scoreboard, they fought bloody hard and for most of the game incredibly well, a little sharper and they could have stolen it had Henshaw got in & then the yellow card period would have been Sweatsville Kentucky.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:Was McCloskey injured? Or was it a tactical substitution? He had a couple of impressive runs in the second half.
Overall, Ireland just don't have the power or physicality up front. Donnacha Ryan looks done. Toner weak. VDF a little out of it though he did improve a bit towards the end of the game.
Hard to see where we go from here. There are not that many decent players pushing for places.
Aye and ITV credited him with Henshaw's superb break up the middle.

Spiffer yer off yer heed man, were you on the Umbongo full strength? Henshaw was bloody flying on that break & the one up the wing, the guy who nailed him is like greased lightning.

I think you are right on Ryan which is a shame, he's been wrecked by injury and does look a bit of a shadow of his former combative self. not so sure I agree on Toner & I thought it was a good debut from VDF if a little underpowered in that particular company.

Sadly Vunibastard played like a feckin' Boss, and ugly miserable bludgeon off a boss, but a boss none the less. The other two have little to offer other than bosh & lack of brains, that clown in the 7 shirt could have been red carded on the count up of all his late tackles and professional fouls.

I also find it interesting that not a single Ulsterman has had anything to say about the GLU, he looked as he has all season, struggling for form, though as ever giving his all.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Joe Schmo wrote:What's up with Trimble this season, doesn't kill dead things anymore?
I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped for next one Baggy.