Six Nations Week 3

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Week 3

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FibberJose/MexicanJose, anyone remember when Ulster last won at the RDS, him bitching like a whining child that Mexico should have have a penalty try? Not because of events on the pitch it seemed but because "Ulster got one at Ravenhill".

Well not quite the same but after losing at Twickenham (why oh why do the Mexicans say "in Twickenham") he has this double speak about shameful Mike Brown. You will note he does not try to influence these things :roll:
Schmidt also hinted he feels that England full-back Mike Brown could face a citing for kicking Conor Murray in the face when trying to boot the ball clear from a ruck.

Murray required stitches around his eye, but referee Romain Poite eventually opted not to award a yellow card for the clash. Schmidt however expects the Harlequins star to be under the scrutiny of the citing officers in due course.

"They have people who look at those things and I have never, ever tried to influence that," said Schmidt.

"They made a decision on the field, but it's something they'll probably look back at because Conor's obviously got stitches right next to his eye.

"That strategy is fraught with risk, particularly with players in close proximity, but I know that Mike Brown wouldn't have done it on purpose, he's trying to connect with the ball.

"But as I say it's something we don't influence, that's for other people to determine whether he's culpable for being reckless or whatever."
I hate double talk, man the feck up Fibber and just say Brown should be cited.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy you can because you can not be charged " of being the game into disrepute " as Joe can .

He has to be careful because any thing he may say could be construed as criticism of the referee .

But it is a coincidence that both in Paris and London Irish half backs have been on the receiving end of foul play with out due action by a referee or TMO both of whom have a primary duty to protect players on the pitch from foul and dangerous play ?

Is this the example that should be given to spectators of a young age that actions of those witnessed in both games , an elbow on the chin off the ball on an unsuspecting player , a late straight arm swipe at the head and kicking a player just because the ball is close to him is not dangerous ?

I hope that the IRFU post the 6 nations raise these matters at a higher level .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Brown what an idiot, attempting to kick the ball, Its not like murray was holding onto it :roll:

Players are rucking when they are in a ruck and using their feet to try to win or keep possession of the ball, without being guilty of foul play

If brown is cited its just another attempt at pandering to the masses who are slowly ruining what was a great game.
Last edited by Blow in on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy you can because you can not be charged " of being the game into disrepute " as Joe can .

He has to be careful because any thing he may say could be construed as criticism of the referee .

But it is a coincidence that both in Paris and London Irish half backs have been on the receiving end of foul play with out due action by a referee or TMO both of whom have a primary duty to protect players on the pitch from foul and dangerous play ?

Is this the example that should be given to spectators of a young age that actions of those witnessed in both games , an elbow on the chin off the ball on an unsuspecting player , a late straight arm swipe at the head and kicking a player just because the ball is close to him is not dangerous ?

I hope that the IRFU post the 6 nations raise these matters at a higher level .Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
No fear of that whatsoever Rum'n, you're turning all wendyball on me.

If a coach acts the lowlife by bringing a player's health & his parent's concern into a pre-match build up & it's left to journalists to chastise him, there is not much chance of World Rugby stirring themselves over a coach who feels a piece of reckless foul play should be subjected to citing.

Bilge tosh and piddlewallop me ould china.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Blow in wrote:Brown what an idiot, attempting to kick the ball, Its not like murray was holding onto it :roll:

Players are rucking when they are in a ruck and using their feet to try to win or keep possession of the ball, without being guilty of foul play

If brown is cited its just another attempt at pandering to the masses who are slowly ruining what was a great game.

I sense you are trying to say something .............but struggling.

Ah, I see self-acknowledgement of the above with your edit.

Afraid you are still missing something.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Saturday was a master class by Joe in managing change in the 6N..
Faced with a huge shortage of starting players, five at least in the pack, he had to experiment.
The Irish defence in the first half was simply awesome in its organisation and courage. Murray goes from strength to strength.
Second half we played a good bit of rugby too and were desperately unlucky not to score two more tries.

All the new players acquitted themselves very well.
Dillane looks like another Henderson in the making. He just needs to move to a better province to round off his education in the game.
All in all, a good day at the office for Joe. Now we can turn to the easier matches with expectation and look forward to the SA tour in the summer with hopefully a full panel to pick from.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Saturday was a master class by Joe in managing change in the 6N..
Faced with a huge shortage of starting players, five at least in the pack, he had to experiment.
The Irish defence in the first half was simply awesome in its organisation and courage. Murray goes from strength to strength.
Second half we played a good bit of rugby too and were desperately unlucky not to score two more tries.

Dillane looks like another Henderson in the making. He just needs to move to a better province to round off his education in the game.
All in all, a good day at the office for Joe. Now we can turn to the easier matches with expectation and look forward to the SA tour in the summer with hopefully a full panel to pick from.
D4 bought Dillane yet?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

And a good day in the office?
We were destroyed in every facet of the game

Positives
Dillane
McCloskey

Negatives
Everything else
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dublin4 wrote:Saturday was a master class by Joe in managing change in the 6N..

It was not a good day at the office. I just posted a note on the Munster board that I'll repeat here. Joe was unable to find a way to stop Billy Vunipola. It was 100% predictable what he was going to do and he did it with gusto. Maybe some believe he cannot be stopped, but he certainly can. Joe just did not figure out a way to do it, despite being primed up for the obvious. Smart coaching? - I don't think so.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

postby Spiffsson » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

It was not a good day at the office. I just posted a note on the Munster board that I'll repeat here. Joe was unable to find a way to stop Billy Vunipola. It was 100% predictable what he was going to do and he did it with gusto.
Joe can come up with all the new fangled, tricky, perfect plans he likes.... but when the guys on the pitch insist on standing upright and tackling him around the chest rather than around his knees we have no chance of stopping him effectively.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

fuzzylogic wrote:
postby Spiffsson » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

It was not a good day at the office. I just posted a note on the Munster board that I'll repeat here. Joe was unable to find a way to stop Billy Vunipola. It was 100% predictable what he was going to do and he did it with gusto.
Joe can come up with all the new fangled, tricky, perfect plans he likes.... but when the guys on the pitch insist on standing upright and tackling him around the chest rather than around his knees we have no chance of stopping him effectively.
Fair enough - then Joe just has to get rid of those players and replace them with ones who can do the job. This is part of his role as coach. If he gets a lot of kudos when things go well, he must also expect a lot of flack when they do not. I did not see a lot of Heaslip, Billy's opposite number, when the big lad was rampaging around. Perhaps a litttle rest for Heaslip would be a place to start.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No citing for Brown, maybe the fact that he didn't actually blind Murray makes it OK.

Irritatingly the lowlife fool in response to some no mark saying he did nothing wrong, tweeted: "Video ref clearly showed I didn't and kicked the ball". Forgetting to add "as well as Murray's bogtrotting head three times".

I hate England.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MexicanJose has confirmed up to a dozen from the match day 23 will be released to their provinces for this weekend ....... oh aye, and Payne is back in full training tomorrow. Wonder how he'd fancy a game at full back if we can find some 15 denier Pretty Pollys.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:No citing for Brown, maybe the fact that he didn't actually blind Murray makes it OK.

Irritatingly the lowlife fool in response to some no mark saying he did nothing wrong, tweeted: "Video ref clearly showed I didn't and kicked the ball". Forgetting to add "as well as Murray's bogtrotting head three times".

I hate England.
Maybe Marshall L can appeal retrospectively
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:MexicanJose has confirmed up to a dozen from the match day 23 will be released to their provinces for this weekend ....... oh aye, and Payne is back in full training tomorrow. Wonder how he'd fancy a game at full back if we can find some 15 denier Pretty Pollys.
He's making McCloskey the scapegoat so Bobbo can get another 2 caps